Torny
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I then tried to open my communication bracelet and found that it was still off.

 

“Is the bracelet ruined?” 

 

He shook his head, “they’re all made of a special material, so they won’t break even in dimension quakes. However the same thing can’t be said about the other devices like the lights.

 

For now, we’ll have to lay low. Especially when people come to investigate.”

 

“Grandpa, I’m going to shower and change.” 

 

My shirt was still bloodied from the Imp. It was smudged black as well as in rags. Going and getting a change of clothing, I went to take a bath while placing the broken clothing in my dimension necklace. 

 

“Eh?” While washing my hair I noticed that the ends were turning silver. Is it over for me? 

 

Suppressing my fears, I filled the bath with water before entering it. Using the warmth of the water, I slowly calmed down. As long as I am myself, then it's fine! 

 

*Ding Dong*

 

Hearing the doorbell, it was probably the investigators. However I decided to leave it to grandpa. As an honest soul, I won’t be able to tell a lie.

 

***

 

Getting out of the bath, I wiped myself dry before changing into a new set of clothing when grandpa called me.

 

“Coming!” going down the stairs I found that there were currently two people in the store. One seemed to be in his teens while the other was in his 20s.

 

“Hello, I’m an investigator, since this area is under the influence of the dimension quake, I would like to know if you spotted anything suspicious.”

 

I shook my head. 

 

He had a glove, perhaps that was a spirit weapon? 

 

“Are you a dimension fighter?” I asked, slightly excited.

 

“Mmhmm, I’m a tier 2. I use my fists.” he posed in front of me.

 

“Wa!” clapping my hands, I wish I could be a dimension fighter and soar. Unfortunately I was destined to remain stuck at level 5.

 

His groupmate coughed, interrupting him, “we have to investigate the further places.”

 

Aside from them, there were also a bunch of men in black investigating the place seemingly really suspicious. However the police officers ignored them.

 

“Who are they?”

 

“Probably guards of a distinguished family.” the police uncle said before going to the next house. 

 

As for why they asked me, it seems they decided to ask every individual about the incident. Since I was registered under this household, I was included in the investigation. It also counted as an attendance of sorts, so I couldn’t dodge it.

 

Grandpa sighed in relief when they were gone while closing the door. 

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

I nodded and shook my head. “No appetite.”

 

Going back to my room, I decided to find a mirror. Reflected was a cute girl with waist length hair who had developed. Although compared to mom, it wasn’t as much.

I looked at my eyes and found that they were still black, causing me to sigh in relief. If they turned a strange color, I definitely couldn’t stay in the base for long. Then I frowned, how come the Imp had black scales?

 

Going back downstairs I asked grandpa about it.

 

“Dimension monsters all have categories, the imp belongs to the Dragon’s army while the boar belongs to Zodiac.”

 

“Zodiac?” 

 

“A King Class dimension being. It’s still too early for you to know Xi.” he patted my head before sighing and patting it a few more times. 

 

“...” seeing that he was spacing out, I took his hands off my head before closing my eyes to look at my symbol. It had stopped releasing blood energy and instead went back to releasing silver energy. Signalling that I had fully recovered.

 

Going even deeper, I found that my reserves of blood energy had decreased. While the silver energy was full to a brim.

 

“Grandpa, what’s the difference between a spirit weapon and a normal weapon?” 

 

“An unactivated spirit weapon has lines on them. When we contract them, they would enter into our spirit space and become a part of us.

 

The elephant sword that you have is also a spirit weapon.”

 

“??” 

 

“Haha… who said you can’t lend spirit weapons out to someone else. Of course that would only work if it’s a weapon lower than tier 5. Tier 5 comes with a method while 6 and 7 has a consciousness of their own. 

 

Hence the name spirit weapon. When grandpa dies, you can inherit the elephant sword Xi.”

 

“Grandpa will live till 1000! What die!” Pouting, I gripped his clothing. 

 

He laughed at me before patting my head again.

 

“Let’s go watch the qualifiers for the district tournament. Ming should be participating.”

 

“Wasn’t Big Brother working as a bodyguard?”

 

“He messaged me while you were away saying that the young miss and him are participating in the tournament.”

 

Grandpa placed the bracelet in front of us before a projection showed up. He tapped it a few times before displaying the tournament. Currently it was someone who looked around the age of 15 battling against another person who seemed around my brother’s age.

 

The older one took out a hammer while the younger one held a spear. After bowing to each other, the started to spar with the referee watching from nearby.

 

Fast! Although it was slower than the imp and the girl, I still could barely catch their movements. After a bunch of crashes it seems the hammer wielder was at a disadvantage due to being too slow compared to the spear.

 

“What happens to people who use guns?” I still remember

 

“They begin to fall off after tier 1 also each shot is burning credits, so normally you won’t see anyone use one in the tournament.”

 

I nodded before turning back to the projection.

 

The spear user kicked the legs of the hammer user causing him to trip before placing the handle against his neck. Signaling the end of the match.

 

“Oh! There’s someone using a gun.” Just like grandpa described it, the opponent easily dodged everything before approaching the gun user. 

 

Afterwards it became close combat, however it had become a one sided suppression. Without a turnaround, the person who had a gauntlet won.

1