13 – Torny 2
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“When will Big Brother be up?”

 

“Let’s see…” he began to search the entries before pressing the section that he was in. “Almost missed it!”

 

He was in the next round. The current one was someone who was using  dual daggers as well as another person was using an axe.

 

“How smart of him to do that!” Grandpa slapped his leg with his hand. 

 

“Using two spirit weapons?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

The dagger using charged at the axe user. Probably because he was using daggers as he was a lot faster than the axe user. I could barely watch as he twirled around the opponent while parrying blows. Sparks raised as the dagger slid along the edge of the axe before ending in front of the axe user’s throat.

 

“Winner Eren!” the announcer declared while people cheered.

 

I watched in anticipation at the next match. 

 

“Shakra Base Ming versus Illum Base Roon.”

 

He stepped onto the base using a sword that I hadn’t seen before. Probably his tier 2 weapon while the opponent was also a sword user. 

 

They bowed to each other before fighting. Although they used swords their styles both differed. The opponent used stabs while Big Brother would parry and slash more. 

 

He used the body of the blade to slide it against his opponents before twirling it. As if stuck by something the opponent's sword began to follow.

 

Eventually after a series of movements the opponent lost his balance when Big Brother stabbed the sword forward, ending the match.

 

I didn’t know a sword could do that! I clapped, even if I wasn’t there it made me feel excited.

 

“Good control!” grandpa clapped as well.

 

*Ding*

 

Suddenly the door opened signaling a customer. We quickly fixed our position while grandpa coughed, however he didn’t turn off the bracelet and let it play.

 

The newcomer was a teenager who began to look around the store. However it seemed he wasn’t really interested in books as he looked around before leaving.

 

“??” 

 

Seeing him go away, we went back to watching the tournament. 

 

“Where’s Alexis?”

 

“Right here....” grandpa changed the view again displaying another screen. 

 

She was fighting against a larger opponent, who used a mace for his weapon. While she used a slender sword. 

 

After bowing to each other, she dashed forward before quickly sending out a succession of stabs, causing the opponent to be flustered. 

 

“Too wide open,” grandpa shook his head.

 

??

 

Looking up at grandpa, he explained to me.

 

“She’s poking at all of his weak spots. Every time he makes a move, he leaves a spot open, she’s taking advantage of that causing him to be unable to do anything.”

 

“Oh…” eventually the person gritted his teeth before going in for a blow, however he became countered and lost the match as a result.

 

Looking at the time, before we knew it was already getting dark. 

 

“Let’s close shop.” Grandpa went and closed the store before we returned upstairs.

 

***

 

After dinner, I opened my terminal before shopping online. I needed new clothing, buying a bunch of shirts that were larger than my current size so I could fit into them as well a few stretchable underwear, I closed it before laying on my bed.

 

Habitually I entered my spirit space while observing my symbol. It was currently absorbing my blood energy. 

 

Before I noticed I had fallen asleep while watching it.

 

***

 

The next day my clothing came, I quickly took them all before heading upstairs to do laundry. When I finished, I went back to laz- I mean watching shop.

 

Today an uncle came into the store, “hi, I heard you buy used books?”

 

Grandpa nodded, “are you selling?”

 

He nodded before taking out a stack.

 

Grandpa discussed the price with him, and although he wanted to pay more the man refused and sold it for cheap before exiting the store. 

 

“Xi, take these books upstairs.”

 

“Kay~” grabbing the pile I went up before looking through them. Maybe I could find a treasure in them? Just like the main character in that Novel I read a few years back. Where he searched a graveyard and found a cheat item.

 

The black book also came from used books. Afterall it was written in complete gibberish and scribbles when I picked it up.

 

Eh? There really is something? Taking a book that was paperback but covered with a sheet, the contents were about dimension beasts.

 

However the cover completely mismatched it.

 

“...” the person didn’t sell the wrong book by accident right?

 

The book itself had no title and was purple. Oh...I started to read it. It explained the weakness and everything of dimension beasts tier 3 and above.

 

...no matter why the imp didn’t die even after being stabbed with a sword. Aside from having two heads, it also had 3 hearts. Each tier, a dragon type beast would gain another heart. 

 

Treasure! Closing the book I ran downstairs to show Grandpa.

1