Chapter 4: A Warlord Help
146 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now, I am waiting in the throne room.

 

According to Admiral Roth report that, one of the scout ships that were sent to as a forward recon stumble on a half destroyed small vessel drifting across the area of their operation. Then they sent some soldiers to board the ship. The soldiers found a small group of starving people inside the ship and proceed to bring back to the ship for interrogation. After all of the survivors were given food, the soldiers begin their interrogation and extracting as many information as they can.

 

From the report that I receive from the Admiral, I can see that they are refugees from a planet called Cevesia. It seems that Cevesia came under attack by a group of vicious pirates and it seems that this group of refugees were supposedly heading to the nearest Galactic Sentinels’ garrison but their ship was attack by some of the pirates, damaging their navigation system in the process. This causing them to be send to some random location. With most of equipment to repair the ship destroyed during the escape and food rations can only lasted for one week, the crew fall into deep despair. But it seems their leader somehow successfully encourage them that the help will come. A few days after the food rations were exhausted my troops arrive.

 

I then ordered Admiral Roth to bring their leader here. A few hours of waiting in the throne room finally end when the one of the soldiers tells me that the refugees’ leader has arrive. When the doors are open, a human-like girl about 16 years of age come in. She wears a very fancy dress reminding me of European nobles from middle ages. Her stature is small just like Nadeshiko which makes her look cute instead of beautiful. She walks slowly towards me while lowering her head then stop for a curtsy in front of me.

 

“Greeting Your Excellency, it is an honor to meet such a noble man as you. I, 12th princess of Cevesia Royal Family, Princess Lena von Cevesia, want to give you my thanks on the behest of my people that you save. I really am thankful.”

 

Oh my, I never thought that I will deal with a royalty. Oh my god, I’m nervous. Okay take a deep breath, release. Okay relax, remember you are right now Azreal the Blood Crusader, not a middle age man name Mori Kazuhira. Okay focus, come out my inner chuuni.

 

“Not a problem Princess Lena, it’s just so happened that one of my scout ships found you and you don’t need to be so tense. I am not your enemies.”

 

Not long after I said that I can hear a slow sigh of relief. Maybe she was worried that I might be another pirate.

 

“Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Azreal.”

 

“Sir… Azreal?”

 

“Yes, that is my name.”

 

She then proceeds to look down. After a moment of silence, Lena then look back up.

 

“Sir Azreal, I know his is presumptuous of me to ask a favor from my benefactor but please I beg you as a princess of my home planet, please save my planet from the vicious pirate…”

 

Well I don’t expect her to ask me to save her planet. Well I planned to talk to her about that anyway. I don’t really help her entirely out of the goodness of my heart, I planned to used her planet to gather information about this universe and also I really want to kill a couple of pirates and used them as a target practice for my armies… wait why am I this bloodthirsty? In my previous life I never even kill a bug but now I am planning to kill a sentient being!!?

 

Wait if I am not mistaken the ‘Galactic Warlord’ job will give additional traits to the player if I am not mistaken the traits were… ah yes ‘Battle Junkie’ trait and ‘War Maniac’ trait… wait, is that why I am so craving for violence right now!!?

 

I continue to think quite deep that I can hardly heard what the Princess even said.

 

“Si…Sir Az…Sir Azreal!”

 

When the Princess call my name only then I finally snap out of my deep thinking.

 

“Wi…will you help save my planet? I know that the payment is not to great but that is the only thing that I can do…” she said is a seriously blushing face.

 

Well I don’t really hear what the payment is, but I don’t really care. I will help her regardless the payment anyway.

 

“Very well Princess, you got yourself a deal. I shall assist you and about the payment we can manage it later.”

 

The Princess face then blushing furiously when I said that I agree to help her. Well that is weird. Maybe she just ecstatic and happy to the point of blushing. I don’t know.

 

“Thank you, I will do my best to make you happy and not disappoint you, Sir Azreal!!” the Princess said half screaming.

 

What? Did she know that I’m felling happy to fight the pirates? Well doesn’t matter, right now I need to prepare my armies for upcoming battle with the pirates.

 

***

 

Right now, I am walking in the staging area. I can see my large armies. Millions of soldiers in a full armor and well-armed, already prepare for the upcoming battle. I then walk on a makeshift stage to give a speech. Nadeshiko said that it will help increase the soldiers’ morale.

 

“Everyone!!! After this we shall face our first battle in this place. I expect that all of you shall perform the best that you can. Kill all the enemies but capture those that surrender for intelligence gathering. Is the order clear!?”

 

“Yes, Your Excellency!!”

 

It takes about a few hours for my ship to arrive at the Cevesia’s solar system I send in some of my cruisers to clear the path. There is a couple of pirate’s corvettes here and there but it’s not much of a problem for me. My large fortress ship, Star Killer, slowly moves towards Cevesia. I can see some of the pirates already flee leaving some of their soldiers stranded on the planet. Well this will be an easy picking. The cruisers any remaining pirate fleet and me and my armies prepare for our landing on the planet.

 

Thousands of dropships are sent down on the main capital with some fighter escort. We safely landed and millions of my soldiers. There are a few thousands pirates within the capital, I assumed that maybe most of their forces already retreated. Well this going to be easy clean up operation. I lead the charge into the capital.

 

“Remember kill everyone that will not surrender!!”

 

***

 

Most of the soldiers know what they need to do. They just shot any pirates on sight and capture those that surrender. As for me, I head to the castle that is in the middle of the city. Princess Lena said that her Father and Brother supposedly there if they still alive.

 

On the way I fought hundreds of pirates, cutting them down one by one with my trusted naginata. There is some of them that can fight well but even them were easily mowed down. As I reach the plaza, I bore witness to the pirates’ brutality, filled with corpses of the people that did not get evacuated, mutilated beyond recognition and not from there are cages filled with young women and children. Most of the woman seems to be sexually assaulted while the children filled with bruises. Looks like these pirates are just monsters in human skin. Using my naginata, I cut the cages door.

 

“Nadeshiko there is some captives here in my location, requesting soldiers.”

 

“Affirmative, Your Excellency. I shall send some soldiers there.”

 

“Wait here until soldiers arrives.”

 

“Thank you, good sir, may the god bless you.”

 

I continue to run towards the castle. Just hope that the king still alive.

7