Chapter 10: Dream for Sinners
114 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of wedding bells is in my ear, the walls around me are all white... so white it seems kind of unrealistic. Why am I here? And why am I in a tux? The red of my tie stands out the most, but as I raised my right hand to fix the tie I noticed even more red; A sudden smell of iron suddenly rushed into my nose before I noticed the warm blood covering both my hands. Just as I began processing the situation, my eyes widened as I jolted out of bed... every breath I took all of a sudden felt heavy.

"Just... a dream?" I said to myself while grasping the left side of my chest.

While deep in thought my phone suddenly rang causing me to jump. I answered the phone and Lillie was on the other end. This is probably the first time someone has called me since the 3-week winter break began. 2 weeks have already passed and I haven't seen Olivia leave her house a single time, she doesn't even answer the door when I knock, she doesn't even reply to my messages and just leaves it on seen. Harry has been doing the same, I see him online but he still doesn't even open my messages, what an asshole.

"H-hey Robby, I've been meaning to call you for the entire break but I didn't want to bother you."

"Seriously? I've been searching for stuff to do the entire time. The past 2 weeks have been pretty boring, to be honest."

"I'm kind of use to staying home all day so I wasn't too bored, b-but I still couldn't stop thinking about you, Robby."

Even without a mirror, I could tell my face was beet red. I wanted to take Lillie somewhere but I honestly did not know where we could go, I was looking for stuff to do the entire winter break, and when something finally comes up I have no idea where to go. 

"Lillie, you wanna go on a date?"

"Huh? Sure, I guess."

"Is there anywhere specific you have in mind?"

"Y-you live alone don't you?"

"Huh? Yeah, I do,"

Is she actually thinking of coming over? Does she even realize what coming over to a guy's house means? No way, this is Lillie I'm talking about, she would never have those kinds of intentions. Even so, I'm getting pretty excited. 

"C-can I just come over to hang out? I don't enjoy being around too many people."

"Sure... I'll come to pick you up in a bit."

"My mom can drive me. just text me your address."

"Your parents are fine with dropping you off at the house of a guy?"

"My dad would probably freak out but if it's my mom then I'll be okay."

As Lillie giggled I started to notice just how much she has changed since we first met. The same Lillie that flipped when I barely touched her at the lunch table is the same person that allowed me to french kiss her on the rooftop of the school. That night was actually pretty hot, maybe she'll let me do even more today. What am I even thinking? Lillie's intentions are nothing but pure so I shouldn't be thinking of such things.

"Alright, I'm looking forward to the day."

I hung up the call and began getting dressed. I ended up deciding to just wear a plain grey sweater and a pair of black jeans. I stood in front of the mirror and fixed my hair in my usual middle part curtains style. My God, my hair has gotten so fucking long.

'ding dong'

I rushed towards the door and opened it. 

"Hey, Lil..."

I couldn't even finish my introduction before I noticed the bag on Lillie's back and the school textbooks in her hands. 

"G-good morning, can I come in?"

"Yeah, come on in, you brought quite a bit of stuff with you."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I was hoping we could get our homework over and done with... I just thought it would be easier with some help from each other."

Holy shit she's trying to cover her face with her textbook. This is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. 

"It's fine, you can sit on the couch I gotta do something real quick."

I didn't actually have anything to do but when I opened the door earlier for Lillie I could not help but notice with the side of my eye, Olivia looking at us through her window, she was still in her pajamas although it's already mid-day. I opened the front door to check if she was still there but she had already closed the window blinds. I'm just glad she's still okay I guess. I closed the door and walked back towards the living room. 

"I'm back, so you need some help with your homework or something?"

"Oh... I'm already half done with my homework so we can just start with yours."

"I'm a year ahead of you, sure you can handle my homework?"

"I've seen the topics the students in your year are learning, it doesn't seem like anything too difficult."

She does seem like the smart type so I'm not too surprised. About 3 hours passed and we hadn't done much besides just homework, Lillie managed to finish the remainder of hers, and we completed the majority of mine. I say "we" but I just answered most of my answers wrongly and Lillie corrected them. I'm getting pretty hungry right now.

"I'm ordering food. Do you want anything specific?"

"Wait! do you have ingredients?"

"I guess I have some meat and other stuff."

"I-I can make y-you something if you w-want..."

This is probably the first time a girl that isn't my mom has offered to cook for me. I don't know what to ask of her, anything she cooks for me I'll probably enjoy even if it doesn't taste good. I don't even know what specific ingredients I have in this house, There's a chance the stuff in my freezer has gone bad as well since I have not cooked for myself in a while. 

"C-curry?"

"Why'd you make it sound like a question? I'll make whatever you'd like."

"I'm not sure if I have all the ingredients, but if there's anything you need I can quickly run to the store."

She walked into the kitchen and began grabbing ingredients out of the freezer and cabinets. 

"This should be all I need, also... can you wait on the couch? It's kinda embarrassing if you're watching me."

Lillie put her hair in a ponytail and tied the apron around her waist. This is something I thought I would never see in my life, kinda feels like we are a married couple. I wish I could stay to watch but I couldn't go against Lillie's orders. While waiting, I noticed Lillie's notebook from when we first met on the coffee table. I opened it because of curiosity and the first few pages were the same stuff about Chloe, but then the most recent pages contained stuff about me. The pages were filled with date ideas, fanfiction between us, and one page was just filled with the word "SUPERSTAR". I closed the notebook and could not stop blushing after looking through it.

The sun was already setting when Lillie came out with 2 plates. The smell of curry filled the room, and I was basically drooling already. I took my first bite and was instantly hit with so much flavor.

"W-what do you think?" Lillie asked.

"It's amazing! You're such an amazing cook, Lillie."

I noticed Lillie blushing and smiling while looking directly down at her bowl and eating slowly.

"T-thanks... I'm glad you like it"

Lillie was satisfied after her first plate but I wasn't full until my third plate. The sun had set and it was time for Lillie to call her mom to pick her up. While she did that I went to take a piss and came back to Lillie taking pictures of the blank pages of my homework on her phone.

"You need the questions for something?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll answer these remaining questions and send you the answers sometime this week."

"You don't have to do all that, you already helped me with most of it."

"It's okay, I've already finished mine."

Her mom pulled up outside my house and honked her horn once. 

"I'll be going now." Lillie said

Before opening the door, Lillie turned around and stood on her toes to kiss me on the lips. She opened the door and ran to the car. She waved her hand at me while the car drove off. I could feel someone staring at me and not to my surprise, Olivia was looking at me through her window again. We stared at each other for about 5 seconds before she closed her blinds and shut her lights off. I could see her face clearly this time, her eyes were puffy... as if she's been crying this entire time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

0