Chapter 11: A Night of Regret – Part 1
85 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

… Although my blinds were closed... I could clearly hear the rain outside my window... every single drop... it is almost as if the rain is trying to make a beautiful melody with every droplet. The morning beams through my blinds... a gray morning. There are only a couple of days remaining of this holiday break, Lillie ended up sending me the answers to my assignments and I was done with everything in the span of a few minutes. Should probably head to the grocery store to get some instant noodles, rain won't change the fact that I got nothing to eat in the house. I got up and threw on anything I saw first to wear, grabbed an umbrella and headed towards my front door. Heading through the door, I opened the umbrella over my head and across from me was a puppy along with someone's feet... Olivia's puppy? I pulled my umbrella back a bit...

"Hey, Olivia."

"..."

Olivia did not mutter a word back.

"Running some errands in the rain as well I see."

"... My mom visited this morning... she just came by to make sure I hadn't set the house on fire and left right after."

"Funny that you call it visiting although it is still her house... but I guess she doesn't really spend much time here anymore."

I giggled right after saying that to make light of the situation and Olivia didn't say anything.

"Well I should head to the grocery store for some instant noodles."

"Wait... Maybe you can come over to my place later and I can cook you something," Olivia said as I was walking away.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I was planning to call Lillie today to hang out so is it cool if the three of us hang out at your place for a bit?

The second the letter L came out of my mouth... Olivia's neutral smile disappeared and her chin fell towards the ground before she opened her mouth ever so slightly and mumbled to herself.

"What was that?" I asked

"I SAID YOU'RE A PATHETIC IDIOT, ROBBY!"

"Why are..."

"FORGET ABOUT IT!"

She ran into her house and slammed the gate and door. I look down to see she had dropped her leash and forgot her dog.

"Come on... don't neglect your pet like that," I said to myself.

I walked to the front of the gate but realized she probably wouldn't want me coming into her yard right now so I just hopped the dog over the fence and walked away. While walking towards the grocery store I thought about why she would trip out like that and it didn't take me long to realize what the reason was. I guess I always had an idea of how she felt but chose not to acknowledge it. The doors to the grocery store open up in front of me... The sound of music instantly hit me... not any music... Chloe's music. I was somewhat stuck in a trance for a second before I slapped myself out of it and walked towards the instant food aisle.

"I got Lillie... Now what kind of noodles do I want?" I thought to myself.

The rain didn't calm down one bit while I was in the store. If anything it's raining even harder than before. When I approached my gate a strong breeze blew and along with the smell of rain was... iron? I turned around and saw Olivia's gate was slightly pushed open. I guess she didn't lock it when she ran into her house and the wind must have blew it open. That thought instantly got shot down when I looked down at the drain hole and saw blood running down the water. I followed the trail and didn't take long to find the cause. I could feel the impact of every single drop of rain on my umbrella as I looked down and saw Olivia's puppy... tore open... someone ran him over and threw him on the sidewalk. It wasn't a pretty sight but I picked him up and walked towards Olivia's front door and rang the bell... no answer. I tried again and again until eventually the door slammed open.

"WHAT DO-"

In an instant the anger in her eyes disappeared as she fell down on her knees. For a few seconds everything went quiet, the only sound that could be heard was the raindrops landing on the ground... bouncing off grass and slapping on the concrete of the street. The next second had Olivia screaming on the top of her lungs as I held the lifeless corpse of her puppy, Rex. The warmth of blood coated my hands and warmed them... keeping the rest of my body cold.

"...I- You left your gate open and he must've escaped."

I got no response as she continued crying her eyes out and screaming. I could no longer hear the rain that surrounded us... the only sound being heard was now Olivia's sorrow and Grieve. I laid Rex on the grass and wrapped my arms around Olivia.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. This is all my fault... I'm sorry, Olivia."

I felt Olivia's  arms wrap around me. The blood on my hand is getting on the back of her shirt but both of us could care less in the moment.

"R-Robby... please... p-please never leave me... I-I need you in my life," Olivia said while crying.

At this moment I suddenly felt an urge to do what she said... stay by her side... I wanted to comfort her. Olivia helped me out when I was at my worst so this is the least I could do in return. 

"... Don't worry... I'll be here for you no matter what... Whether you want me to or not, Olivia."

 

Author Note: I am aware I haven't posted a chapter in over a year but that is due to the busy schedule I was working with in the past. I now have quite a decent amount of free time to post frequent chapters. I hope you all enjoy the short chapter today and the future chapters I have planned. : )

 

 

 

 

0