Unlike anything I’ve experienced before
124 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few years had past and I still remember my friends from my old world. Do you think they have been reincarnated to this world too? I’m guessing not. 

From what I’m guessing, I’ve been reincarnated to a world which is similar to great British medieval era named, Terene. Everyone has magic powers and relied on it everyday. It was part of their daily basis. It’s very similar to all those anime, manga and novels I’ve been reading. 

The mechanics of this world was like an RPG game with statuses granted to people who are 5 years old. I checked mine and I was lvl.1.

Name: Zack, Lvl. 01, Occupation: ???, Magic attribute: Common

Levels, ability and statuses are what the makes the world go round. It’s like a ranking for everyone in this world. Anyway.......

My new name was Zack, I have been reincarnated as a noble's son with a very high status. The family’s name was Exavior and was know through out the kingdom. I have 5 brothers and sisters and they are all amazing.  Each of them has unique magic and some uncommon magic. They all have some magnificent amount of mana that all the schools they have enrolled, they have been put to the top. As for me....... I have a very common magic. Not very lucky.

Anyway.... I’m 8 years old now and I don’t think I can do other magic other than fire, I have been practicing (in secret of course) other magic for 3 years and all I’ve been able to create was a little fire.

When I was 5, right before I reincarnated, I remembered all my training in my old world and goes to a book to learn all about this world but all that was written is how to use basic magic. I got excited cause it really is a another world. I tested out all four of the elements but all I can make was fire. I practiced and practiced until I made a spark with all my fingers. The incantation was short but hard to say. But incantation in this world do not work on other magic like mana manipulation-related magic, you have to do it with your mind and stuff.

A year later and, I first tested out what they called “mana focus” that means fucosing my flow of mana through out my body so I can use magic from any part of my body. I managed to do it but only a little. It turns out that “mana focus” is a practice of all magic users to focus their mana through their body. I thought that It was not common but I guess I was wrong. Anyway......

Next, I tested “body enhance”. Apparently, using “mana focus” on my own body, I can enhance the physical properties, it’s still pretty weak at the moment, but I can still make it stronger.

After alot of practice, I improve only a little but that means I can still improve.

I tested out alot of techniques to improve my “body enhance” magic and I think it’s not working. I used meditation while enabling “mana focus” through out my muscles everyday for a month atleast 2 hours but it’s not working. I tried to go to a nearby waterfall to meditate, but it’s not working. I tried next to a statue but, I’m still not feeling like it’s flowing faster. Something might be wrong in what I’m doing, but based on what I heard, I did exactly what to do. Maybe it was not meditation.

From what I did was sit in a fixed position and empty my mind. Maybe it is not meditation.

Next, I tried martial arts. There is no martial arts in this world but, I copied all of my training from my old world and it took 3 months. The reason it took 3 months cause I can feel even lighter but all it did was enhanced my techniques and not my magic. Still worth it.

Guess magic in this world was enhanced just by “mana focus” and not some special techniques. But maybe there is a technique for making my magic more powerful but I still don’t know it.

Anyway...... I wasted 4 months of meditating and training and still not able to use “body enhance”. 

Never would have thought that I cannot use a basic magic other fire and mana focus.

There is other magic I wanted to try like magic with longer incantations that are harder to say. But the only magic I can do is basic magic like fire, mana focus and others.

I thought that maybe making the incantation longer, I can make them even stronger. I was right!

I tried focusing on longer incantations and it took an hour to make a flame in my hand but, I was 6 back then, what do you expect?

Anyway, back to present..... while practicing my mana focus, fire magic and longer incantations, the people around me have been noticing my absence and have followed me to my secret training ground. They saw my powers and was shock to see that I have very poor magic. 

While I was walking in the halls, I heard everyone whispering to each other saying:

“He’s the child, right? The one with weak magic?”

“Never have thought that the Exavior family has a very poor magic user”

“Is he even the son of the Exaviors?”

Everyday was like listening to everything to what you don’t want to hear. I tried enduring it but.....

“Hey! Zack!”

One of my sisters started picking on me.

“Zack, I never have thought that you have magic as weak as a lighter!”

“You still have a lot to learn about magic.”

“That’s why I’m practicing”

“But why in secret? Is it because you want to hide the fact that you are very weak?”

“No.”

“Maybe it’s for the best. You would only embarrass the Exavior family.”

Everyday it’s all the same. I never had peace and quiet. I never got to practice because all my older siblings just stop me and mock me some more. I had enough but, I don’t know how to stop all of their teasing. If I told my parents, they would only join in on the fun. I got no choice but to stay locked up in my room and practice there. But one day.....

“Hey bud”

One of my brothers “Zayne Exavior”, spoke to me.

“Why are you all locked up in there? Is it because of the family teasing you? Don’t worry. I’m here for you.”

He was willing to help grow even stronger. Zayne Onii-san was the only one that ever helped me with everything that was troubling me. I should have reached out for him but he has done alot for me.

Zayne Onii-chan was one of the most powerful D rank among the adventures. He’s occupation was magic swordsman. He is very kind specially to the weak, that’s why he is always helping me.

“Hey now. Can you please let me in and discuss with me your problem.”

I opened the door and what’s infront of it was my brother holding a sword and a ton of books. The sword was meant for training my body to became like his and the books was to study magic and incantations to make my magic more powerful.

“Zayne Onii-chan, why are you doing this for me?”

“Well, I want to stop all of them from teasing you, and, you always train your body and magic in secret. Right? So I want to help you grow stronger.”

“Zayne Onii-chan, thank you”

After that, Zayne Onii-chan showed me his training spot there, we started working on my body and magic.

I was so excited.

He’s training was so intense but, he is a great instructor. He kept it simple enough for a 8 year old like me to understand. He showed me some basic exercises and some shorter incantations to properly make my own way of growing stronger way more simpler.

The way he uses a sword was so satisfying to see that it inspire you some more. My magic was getting better and better.

2 years had past and I’m 10 now but, all the other people started to look down on Zayne Onii-chan too. They thought that he was getting soft and loosing all his great points just by hanging out with me. What’s wrong with these people.

It’s thanks to Zayne Onii-chan that my magic power was able to evolve from just a little fire on every tip of the fingers to a fireball the size of a fist.

I checked my status and it says:

Name: Zack, Lvl. 03, Occupation: Magic swordsman, Magic attribute: Fire

My occupation was like Zayne Onii-chan's.

I was so happy that we have the same occupation. But he’s level was on another world! It was 206.

The power difference was impressive. Can I really be as great as Zayne Onii-chan?

After the training, my brother has a request from a merchant to accompany him while they travel to another kingdom to sell some goods. I got worried cause the route their taking is very dangerous. But I don’t have to worry cause he’s very strong.

After he left, I continued my training without him. He left me with instructions to follow about the training and some techniques I can use on my training.

After a few weeks have past, a letter from a messenger came and was given to my dad. He left it at his desk and ran to mother. I sneaked into his office and read the letter, and what’s written on it shocked me. My brother died from a large C class monster. It was unexpected. There was no C class monsters on the route that my brother took. It was dangerous but there has been no reports that a monster like that to appear on that route.

I sneak back to my room, locked myself, and started crying. He was the only person that helps me all the time. He never teases me or do anything bad to me. After that I heard some talking in the next room. I quiet down and lean to a wall and heard their conversation.

“Was it successful?”

“Why of course! Have you seen the letter? It said he was taken by that beast.”

“Yeah, but is he really dead?”

“He was taken by the beast! What else do you think will happen to him after being taken by a monster? Of course he would be eaten.”

“Your right. What else would happen to him?”

“Right? Hahahaha”

“That would serve him right.”

“And don’t forget about the boy, too.”

“Oh, you mean the weakest one?”

“Yeah.”

“Isn’t he your son too?”

“Ha, right. Who would wants that boy to be their child? He’s pathetic.”

They’re talking ill about my brother. They’re making fun of him. It’s ok if they’re making fun of me only but, if it’s my brother, if it’s my brother!!!! I don’t know who that person dad was talking to but, they’ll both pay for what they’ve done!!

I grabbed a knife that I always keep in my room in case of any emergency, and ran to that room, and as I opened the door, my other brother, Zaya, was pointing a sword at both of them, while crying.

“You’ll pay for what you’ve done to Zayne nii-san!”

Zaya was as devastated as me, because he is also close to Zayne Onii-chan. He was like his best friend. Although he didn’t help me when I was being teased, he has been helping me in secret.

He never acted that way in public but he lends me a hand when I’m in pain. Just like Zayne Onii-chan.

“Zaya, you’ve gone insane! Stop this at onc—”

“Shut up you bastard” Zaya interrupted.

“And you, I don’t know who are you but, why are you helping him?” he questioned the other man helping my dad.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” Said the man with the black cloak.

“Don’t lie to me you bastard!” he screamed.

“And Zack.”

“What” I answered.

“I see that you also want revenge but, I don’t want your hands to be tainted by blood. Let me handle this.” He said confidently.

“you bastard.” Said dad.

“Kids!!!!! Michelle!!!! Anyone! Save me!” Dad screamed.

“It’s no use. They all over heard your conversation. They don’t want anything to do with you.” Zaya said.

“Except for me.” Ziro said behind him.

Ziro stabbed Zaya with a sword while smiling. “now, you three will be gone.” He whispered.

“Three?.” Zaya's said.

“So you have been working with him too, huh? Then you go to hell with him!” he screamed.

Zaya stabbed Ziro in the heart and whispered “ I hope you find each other there.” He took both swords and throws it at dad. Dad almost dodged it but got his hand sliced off.

“I missed.” Zaya said.

“Zack, run away and tell all your older siblings what happened.” He said as he closed his eyes, and eventually dies.

Zaya, he was one of the people Zayne Onii-chan cared about. He never helped me when I was being teased but I know he cared for me too, right? I will have you too avenge, even if it’s the last thing I do.

I stand up and I picked up my knife and came closer to dad.

“Why did you do this to Zayne Onii-chan?”

“Don’t come any closer.” He said.

I quickly came to him closer and without hesitation, I stabbed him in his stomach. I said to him, “ why did you do this”. “It’s all your fault.” He said weakly.

After he died, the man with the black cloak who has been watching this whole time with a smile on his face, finally moved.

“Excellent.” He said.

“what are you saying? Who even are you? Did you plan all of this?” I said to him.

“I’ll give you a hint.” He said to me while preparing to jump out the window.

“Hint? What are you talking about?” I said angrily.

“You’ll need it.” He said while he jump out the window.

I need it. Need what? What is he talking about? I never understood what he said.

 After the event, the family of Exavior got bankrupt and we were forced to move to another home. And the other was to live on their own. My older siblings have their career and was fine with that. As for I, I was thrown away to an adaption center.

 I lived there for the next 5 years and nothing much happened. I was being mock more by the towns people just because I was a noble that broke down.

It was “unlike anything I’ve experience before”.

3