Chapter 14
1.7k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Month 8, Year 33 BBY)

 

We had been training as hard as possible for the past month. All of us made progress. I was finally able to reach the master level in CQC. It was time to set out again before the galaxy starts going tits up, I had to do one more thing. Tie up loose ends if you will.

 

For this I am deploying Five Crusader S class ships. That is the Shev’la Kyr’am and her sister ships, and I am bringing along almost three regiments of 19 STs. Another regiments worth of 19STs have already been deployed throughout Mandalore and Concordia for over a month now. They are being led by both HK and ZEM. We have all the death watch bases under observation and all of their crafts have been planted with explosives or sabotaged. I don’t want any of the traitors escaping. I also had access to their system, including the ones from Concordia’s governor’s palace. The noose has been set. Now all I need to do is tighten it.

 

First, I need to get a hold of a certain Mandalorian. I will need to be on friendly terms with him, for a few future operations to succeed.

 

I connect a call to Jango Fett. The holo graphic image of the bounty hunter pops up.

 

“Who are you and what do you want?” He asks me in a demanding tone.

 

“You may call me Nomad. As for what I want, I want to give you certain information pertaining to Arla Fett your sister.” I said

 

“What do you mean? She is dead” stated Jango.

 

“Not exactly. She was kidnapped and brainwashed by Death watch to be their pet assassin. I can give you her location and all the files I have on her” I offered.

 

“Why are you offering me this. What do you want in return?” he asks.

 

“I want nothing in particular. All I want is to take down death watch. You are not the only one to lose loved ones because of them. But I will also need your help in some of my operations in the future like when I visit Kamino. The world where you are training those clones.” I said. “In the name of trust, I will give you a warning as well. Don’t trust any initiative brought forth by Senator Palpatine also known as Darth Sidious, Hego Damask the second also known as Darth Plagueis, Count Dooku or Darth Tyranus or any of their associates. They are Sith and have nothing but malice when it concerns our people.”

 

“I won’t even ask you how you know about Kamino. But if what you told me about my sister is true. Then you will have my eternal gratitude and friend in House Fett.” He said.

 

“I will hold you to that. But I suggest you gather your friends and move quickly. Because in one weeks’ time I will make my move against death watch.” I said “Good Hunting” and then cut the call.

 

I make another call “ZEM send out the call for all Death watch forces to return to Concordia. Make it so they are all there by the end of the week. And have Arla positioned in a sparsely protected base. Leak her position to Jango and his band when they arrive. Let’s make it easy for Jango” I ordered.

 

“It will be done sir” came his reply.

 

It’s time to mobilize, no use dawdling around. By the force, I will prevent Mandalore from being destroyed and Mandalorians becoming endangered, and I WILL prevent events like the ‘night of a thousand tears’ from happening.

 

(1 week later)

 

Five ships are in orbit of Concordia. All of them is stealth mode. Me and the squad are now gathered around the holo table with projections of HK, ZEM and the planet.

 

“Guys give us a status report. Is everything arranged according to the plan?” I ask ZEM and HK.

 

“The meatbags have suspected nothing master. They scurry about revealing their own bases and traps. Our forces are ready to strike when ready. All of their groups have gathered on this moon after we sent out the discrete emergency gathering signal” Said HK.

 

“We have full access to their networks and all available data have been already mined. We will be ready when the time comes” said ZEM.

 

“Good. Is there any movement from Jango?” I asked.

 

“He has already led a raid on one of the bases and has taken away his sister.” Reported ZEM.

 

“Then it’s time to strike the beskar while it’s still hot. All strike teams deploy and take up positions. If anyone on the hit list tries to escape kill them. The ships will remain in low orbit and provide CAS as needed. If any ship makes it off the ground and into atmo destroy them” I give out the orders.

 

Within fifteen minutes all strike teams are deployed. Me and the boys move with our detachment of 100 19STs head for the governor’s palace. “Athena initiate Jamming. I don’t want this coward calling for help. At the same time be prepared to stream the fight. I want all clan heads to see this.” I gave my orders to Athena “make sure that all the other Death watch bases also get the stream. But don’t allow them to interfere. Well you can let Bo-Katan Kryze come here but no one else”.

 

I made sure Everyone was in position. Since Jango’s raid, everyone from Death watch was on edge. I walk onto the small field in front of Vizslas office.

 

“Pre Vizsla, Come out here you coward. I challenge you to a duel, the good old way. You and Death watch shall pay for all your crimes against Mandalore.” I shout out. “Or are you too scared since Jango’s little raid.”

 

I wait a few minutes. Then he walks out fully armed and armored. Accompanied by five of his most loyal guards. I think he was expecting Jango to come. Oh well, saves the effort of dragging him out.

 

“Who the Kriff are you to challenge me, I am the kriffin leader of Death watch and future Mand’alore. Here I was expecting Jango to come, but instead a no name comes.” Shouts out Pre Vizsla.

 

“You can’t gaud me into giving you my name fool. You may call me Nomad, but I suspect you already knew that. My purpose is to challenge you to a duel for the dark saber and the right to the title of Mand’alore. Bring out the dark saber and let’s get this show on the road shall we.” I say issuing my challenge.

 

He seems shocked by the fact that I knew about the dark saber. “Well you can’t blame me for trying. Ofcourse, mostly everyone in power has atleast heard of your little group. The Ghosts, a fitting name. The elusive Mandalorian squad and their Jedi killing leader Nomad. I had hoped to ask you to join the death watch.” He sneers “But since you are here and challenging me, that doesn’t seem likely to happen. Let’s get this over with shall we, I need to track Jango Fett down.”

 

I draw Gra’tua and he draws the black saber. I thought he might opt for ranged combat. But I think he wants to prove that he is better than me, the elusive jedi killer, well atleast according to him. We circle each other. Then suddenly we both stop moving at the same time. Then I fake a charge. This draws him in. He goes for an overhead strike at me. Since the augmentation I can seamlessly enter the bullet time state without much stress. Unlike powerful jedi like Yoda and Windu, Vizsla is extremely slow. I side step his strike and send a full forced punch at his head. This throws him of balance, and gives him a concussion. I quickly use this to opportunity and go for my favorite move, dismembering the limbs. I send an electricity imbued strike straight for the back of his knees. He isn’t quick enough to react, add on to that the fact that he is dazed, he is quickly one leg less. He stumbles and falls down screaming. I didn’t let up. I send a strike to his sword wielding arm. His arm gets loped off along with the saber. He rolls around screaming. I bend down and take the dark saber.

 

“It seems like we have come to the end of our little duel. This is your end, Pre Vizsla.” I say activating the dark saber.

 

At that moment the five guards try to attack me together. Three in melee and two try to shoot me. I quickly weave through them striking out with the dark saber. I aim for the neck with each blow. I quickly decapitate the three who charged me.  Just then the other two start firing at me. I use the dark saber to deflect a few rounds, while dodging the rest. To others, I must seem like a jedi or something. Aah the wonders of enhanced perception and cognitive powers. I dive in between the two assailants. As I was diving, I send a slash to the knee of the first guy. Then roll upright to send a strike at the elbow of the second guard standing a little bit behind. As the two get their limbs chopped off and start screaming, I send quick strikes at the neck decapitating them.

 

Then I slowly walk through the corpses towards Vizsla. “I knew some of your death watch were just goons, only interested in power. But this is pathetic, to not even respect millennia old customs. You lot are no warriors. You mislead Mandalorians with your honeyed words of glory. Which by the way you have no means to provide. You are nothing but a group of terrorists leading the flock astray.” As I was saying this a few more fly in. They are wearing Death watch armor, but I know who this is. Bo-Katan Kryze has finally arrived. They don’t move against me. By this time my squad has also made their presence known.

 

I turn to Pre Vizsla after acknowledging the new comers. “You are nothing but a corrupt fool. You scheme just to get power. You even stoop so low as to sell out your own people.” Then I give the signal to Athena to send the data packets proving Vizsla’s crimes to the clan heads.

 

“You promise the people something you can’t give. You make it seem like being Mandalorian is just about being a savage goon. Being Mandalorian is about the honor of a warrior. In my rightfully earned tittle as Mand’alore, I hereby sentence you to death” with that I tear of his helmet, for the world to see his shame. Then I sever his head I one quick slice.

 

Then I turn to the people gathered. And stand tall before them. My squad and even my droids kneel, I have programmed them to consider themselves as Mandalorian, then shout “We swear allegiance to the Mand’alore”.

 

Bo-Katan seeing this stand there for a moment. She had joined death watch just so that she could bring change to Mandalore and not let it rot in the pit of her sister’s pacifist ideals. She too finally kneels “I Bo-Katan Kryze swear allegiance to Mand’alore” and swears allegiance. This was followed by the others.

 

“Rise Mandalorians. One thing I can guarantee you, unlike Vizsla here, is peace, but not from the façade of pacifism. This galaxy doesn’t respect the weak. What I promise you is the peace born from strength and the strength to protect it. I call for the meeting of all clan heads within 24 hours in Keldabe.” I say this and signal Athena to cut the stream.

 

Then I turn to Bo-Katan. “I want you to disband Death watch and reform them into the Nite Owls. You will lead them for now. Go and pacify the death watch bases, my forces already surround them. Any former Death watch members who refuse to swear allegiance shall be put to the sword. The Nite Owls mission and purpose shall be handed down on a later day. For now, gather the forces, set things straight and prepare accompany me to the clan head meeting”. I ordered.

 

“It will be done” she says and walks off to do her tasks. “Athena monitor all com traffic, block and track all signals sending data or news on what just happened to the senate or any other location. Then send our forces to capture or kill the spies and saboteurs.” I gave Athena new orders.

 

Now I just have to solve issues that pop up and eliminate any Death watch loyalists that tries to escape or cause problems.

 

(24 Hours later)

Clan Meeting grounds.

 

All the clan heads are waiting patiently at their seats. Some of them are visibly disgruntled. As they were waiting, I enter through the central doors followed by my squad and Bo-Katan, they move and surround the central area as I walk towards the center. Athena is nearby blocking all transmissions and scrambling all recorders.

 

“I hereby take the title of Mand’alore. Any who dares to challenge me step forth now, or forever hold your peace.” I state activating the Dark saber. I could see some shuffling in their seats.

 

No one moves to challenge me though. Apparently, the display I put on killing Vizsla and his goons was effective. After a few minutes I state “I will take your silence as consent then.”

 

Deactivating the saber and attaching it to my belt. “Ask your questions. I can see that you have many. I will answer a few”.

“What does Mandalore gain by naming you Mand’alore” asked one of the clan heads.

 

“I have been amassing fleets and armies for some years now. What I promise to give is peace born from strength. No one respects the weak. But that doesn’t mean I want to go about declaring war on the Republic.” I answered.

 

“What is your goal?” asked another

 

“It’s quite simple actually. We have grown weak over the years; the façade of peace has had a rotting effect. And many of our brethren have died due to the misplaced ideologies of others. What I want is for Mandalorians to prosper. Not as just as warriors, but as a civilization. That doesn’t mean going to war. For those who seek adventures I will create a means to do so. For those who seek peace I shall give it to them and the means to protect it. As for further details you may ask Thrull Stal current clan head of clan Eldar. I have explained it all to him in great detail.” I said.

 

“I have one last question, who are you?” finally someone asks that question. I remove my helmet and state “I am Thrunn Straxon of clan Eldar”

 

There is a palpable silence then one by one the majority of clan heads take a knee and swear allegiance. This in turn forces the few clans dragging their feet to swear allegiance as well.  From this day forth I am Mand’alore.

 

“For now, my standing orders are to maintain the appearance that nothing has changed to the rest of the galaxy. Satine shall remain in her position for now. What we need is time. There is a war coming and we need to prepare. My uncle will explain the plans to you. Remember what’s said here is classified and our plans are classified. No one outside must know. If anyone thinks I won’t find out, they are sorely mistaken. And when I find the traitors who have leaked what happened here to the outside powers, I will come at you with extreme prejudice”. With those orders and threats hanging in the air I walk out and leave them to continue their discussion.

 

Now all we can and will do is bide our time patiently. Cut loose ends that pop up and continue with the preparations.

 

(A few hours later in a Cantina near the citadel)

 

Me and the boys were sitting in a private corner drinking. We were soon joined by a wayward Bo-Katan. Who just came and sat down near me silently. We just looked at each other shrugged and continued drinking

 

“Who would have thought we will be serving directly under the Mand’alore. I always knew you were going to do something big, with all the planning and preparations we were doing for all these years.” Said Subail.

 

“The Mand’alore. Umm… if I may suggest something. With all the physical perks you have, may I suggest Mand’alore the Immortal.” Suggested Vanzii.

 

“Why that’s a great idea. Especially since this bastard is kriffin hard to take down” said Doth.

 

“Exactly what I was thinking” said Vanzii.

 

I just sit there wondering why is Bo- Katan here. Not like I got anything against it. Who would complain about being accompanied by a beautiful woman.

 

“What are they talking about? What immortality?” Asks Bo-katan.

 

“That is my little secret” I said with an award-winning smile. She just frowns. Her expression saying ‘spill it, before I gut you’.

 

“Hey Vanzii start brewing your death potions already, will you.” I say trying to distract Bo-Katan and to stop her from staring a hole through me.

 

“Sure.” Says Vanzii and starts conjuring up six of his concoctions.

 

(An hour later)

 

It takes these death potions for me to feel a buzz. Sigh, the demerits of having such powers. The boys are tipsy. But Bo-Katan was plastered.

 

“Boys, I will escort the fine lady back to her quarters” I say taking Bo-Katan into a princess carry.

 

“Look boys, he is taking away a young maiden while she is drunk. I sense something dubious” said Janak.

 

“Yes, he has been eyeing her all night.” Commented Subail.

 

“Kriff off” I say, starting to walk away.

 

“Wait!” Vanzii shouts running over to me. He slips something into my pocket.

 

“What was that?” I ask seriously confused.

 

“Protection” he says snickering. I just kick him on the ass while he turns around to run. This causes him to fly into another group of Mandalorians, spilling all their drinks. Let’s just say it turned into an epic brawl. I just walked way carrying a drunk Bo-Katan.

 

She had started mumbling about finding out what I was hiding even if she has to strip my armor off and flog me. I just shake my head and carry her back to the Citadel. We ran into Satine and my uncle on the way, they just give me a knowing and borderline sinister smile. This sends a shiver down my spine, what are these two vultures planning.

 

I finally reach her room and as I was laying her down, she starts squirming. Apparently, she had other plans. She just body locks herself around me and pulls me down with her. Now I am stuck being a body pillow to a crazy Mandalorian huntress. I just lay there pondering on how to get out of this predicament without hurting her, only to doze off a little while later.

 

All I will say is that I went for breakfast with a black eye. And as my luck would have it Satine, my uncle and the entire squad was present there. They all just snicker at my misfortune and pass snide comments my way. While Satine and uncle have the same knowing sinister smile, they had last night. *Sigh* I just got myself into something without even knowing. Well whatever.

29