Chapter 24
1.6k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV Obiwan)

 

A month ago, almost all force sensitives felt a large disturbance in the force. So large, that it brought the weak willed to their knees. It took the council sometime to abate the worries and fears of the members of the order. There are always some shifts in the force that happens now and then which cause us concern, like a recent one which felt like thousands were dying in a war somewhere. But this was like comparing a mountain to a hill.  

 

Later, reports started pouring in from many systems that a large blinding flash was seen. After analyzing all the intelligence pouring in, it was concluded that the flash originated from the Mandalorian sector. Further investigation revealed something that was even more troubling, the whole sector was gone. And when I say gone, I meant that the systems are not there anymore. The only gravitational signature we pick up from that region is a large blackhole, which exists at the center of where the sector once was. An entire sector gone. This has caused a minor alteration to the hyperspace lanes in that region and a major commotion across the galaxy. Senators were up in arms demanding answers, even Padme was very vocal as Satine was her close friend. Even I am deeply troubled by these developments.

 

The judicial departments investigators had been tasked to look into what might have happened. Even after a months’ time they couldn’t come up with anything. Thus, the Senate called upon the Jedi to investigate.

 

But the force had other plans for us. There was supposed to be a Senate meeting on the disappearance of the sector and the Military creation Bill. As such the Senator of Amidala was on her way to attend. But her Royal Nubian cruiser was destroyed on the landing pad killing all onboard. Luckily, she had disguised herself as a fighter pilot a travelled in a N1 fighter instead of her personal cruiser. All the passengers were either killed or severely wounded, the blast had even caused casualties to the dock workers. This was a blatant assassination attempt on Senator Padme Amidala.

 

Now here I am standing in the council room accompanied by Master Qui-Gon jin and Padawan Anakin Skywalker. I had just been assigned the investigation into the disappearance of the Mandalorian sector. So, I am still wondering why I was called here.

 

“Troubling, times are. A sector disappears. On Senator Amidala an assassination attempt. Assign you to protect he senator I have. Answers to both questions you will find, follow the path, trust in the force” Was all master Yoda said. He was right about one thing times are indeed troubling.

 

“Is there any new intelligence report master? Because it feels like I am searching in the dark.” I asked.

 

“The latest reports show that all the Mandalorians in the galaxy are gathering under Nomad’s banner. An unusually high number of them. We are also getting reports that he is moving around with extremely large and powerful fleet. The fleet is acting as a home and war fleet for all Mandalorians present in the galaxy. There are reports suggesting he is trying to bolster his numbers as well” Informed Master Windu, handing over a datapad.

 

“Where did he get those ships from. He can wipe out the judiciary fleets ten times over with them” I ask in astonishment. He had kept such a thing hidden well for so long.

 

“We suspect that the recent losses suffered by the trade federation and these ships are related.” Said Master Plo Koon.

 

“And if my guess us right, he has more hidden somewhere. He must also have a well-hidden base somewhere. It’s my best guess after interacting with him so much.” Master Qui-Gon gave his input as well.

 

All the while Anakin is just standing there frowning.

 

We went through all the information we had at the moment, which was excruciatingly low.

 

I am currently heading to the Senate Apartment Complex, accompanied by Mater Qui-gon and Anakin.

 

“Master, what do you think. I know what Master Yoda said, but finding a whole missing sector isn’t going to be easy. I am stuck, we have no leads so far. Well except that gut feeling, saying that Nomad might know. But I am sure we won’t get anything out of him.” I complained to my former master.

 

“Trust in the force Obiwan. It will guide you to the answer you seek, that is if it’s meant to be found. And I keep telling you, just call me Qui-Gon. I am not your master anymore.” Replied Qui-Gon

 

“Not happening.” I replied with a smirk.

 

Then my attention falls to Anakin who is all jittery and his aura feels anxious. “Why so jumpy padawan?” I ask.

 

“He has been like that for a week now. We passed by Naboo recently. We went looking for his mother, but she was not there. Apparently, she had moved to some other planet. He has been a little anxious about her disappearance. Plus, I think going to meet the Senator also has a role to play. They were good friends in the past. Seeing her after so long, might have him on the edge.” Explained Mater Qui-Gon, ending it by teasing his Padawan.

 

 

(POV Thrunn)

 

I have been on Coruscant for the past week. I went to our new territories to make sure everyone was settled into their new lives and all the projects are on schedule. This time me and the squad returned in a particular ship. The scimitar.

 

It had undergone overhaul and upgrades. It could be considered a new ship. It was larger now; it went up from 26m to 40 m. Its armaments were also upgraded (6* laser canons + 2* light turbolaser canons + 3 Proton torpedo tubes). It had improved stealth and cloaking system. Improved sensor and ECM suites. Stronger shield and power generators. A class 1 hyperdrive. And my trade mark paint job. It also had its compliment of 19STs, scout probes and 4 bloodfin speeders. We brought it because bringing the Kyr’am wouldn’t have ended well. Especially if some on saw a ship more heavily armed than the judicial departments ships.

 

Right now, I am sitting in the command center of our main base on 1313, watching the holographic video of what’s happening in Padme’s apartment. Don’t worry, I didn’t bug the bedroom, or did I. No one will ever know. I had bugged most Senatorial apartments already. Information is one of the most key weapons in my arsenal.

 

I couldn’t help but laugh seeing Anakin making fool of himself trying to impress Padme. He was letting his emotions influence his actions, not very jedi like.

 

As time passed, things proceed almost the same way as in the movies, Obiwan and Anakin chased the assassin. While Qui-Gon was there protecting the queen. It was time to make small waves.

 

As Obiwan was about to question Zam an poisoned Kaminoan sabre dart impales her throat killing her. This time it wasn’t Jango, but ZEM who was cloaked and hiding on a faraway tower.

 

It was time to add a bit of mystery to the mix. Me and the squad make our way into the outlander’s club. We did it in such a way that we caught Obiwan’s attention. This will most definitely be fun.

 

We gather around the far end of the Club, in a private room. We order drinks and wait. Within a few minutes we got a knock on the door. I nod at Subail who is the closest, he stands up and opens the door.

 

“Just the people I was looking for. You will have to answer a few questions” says Obiwan.

 

“You may ask your questions. Whether I answer or not is up to me. And whether I sell intel to you is a whole another ball game.” I retort.

 

He stands there for a minute and says “Very well” agreeing not to push the limits. He comes and sits down on the one remaining seat while Anakin stands.

 

“First off, do you know what happened to the Mandalorian Sector?” was his first question.

 

“Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. But I am not telling you or selling to you that information. Just know that the order and the republic have bigger problems to worry about. Next question” I say. Like hell I am going spoil the surprise this early.

 

“*SIGH* can’t you tell me? I need to report to the Senate and The Council on what happened. They are all concerned about what happened to your people.” He tries coaxing an answer out of me. What does he think I am, some Jedi initiate or something.

 

“Nice try. Just tell them they don’t need to know. Tell them, to first look after the people they are meant to look after first. It’s not like the Republic and Jedi have much love for my people either way. We too don’t care much about you lot as well. Plus, you will have much bigger concerns pretty soon.” I say changing the topic.

 

“You keep mentioning approaching troubles, what do you mean?” he inquires.

 

“All I will say is you are on the right track with your investigation so far. As the Jedi say, let the force guide you.” I said vaguely.

 

“You mean the assassination? You know who is behind it?” he asks.

 

“I might” I keep answering him vaguely.

 

“YOU WILL tell us!” barks out Anakin. Apparently, he thinks a Jedi has the final say in everything.

 

“You might want to watch your tone BOY. A few years out of the slave pit, playing Jedi and already got your head up your ass” I say in a menacing tone “Letting your emotions influence your actions, that’s not very Jedi like is it” I teased “Especially around the young Padme. If I wasn’t mistaken, I would say you were trying to court her” I finished with a smirk.

 

“How do you know that?” asks Anakin.

 

“I have my ways” I replied cryptically.

 

“Damn it, tell me all you know!” he shouts.

 

“Anakin!” Obiwan reprimands him with a glare, the hormonal padawan backs down begrudgingly. “How much will the intel cost?” he finally asks.

 

“20,000 upfront and I will steer you in the right direction.” I say.

 

He takes out a handful off credit chits and hands them to me “Here you go. Now the promised intel.”

 

“The planets you are searching for are Kamino, 12 parsecs outside the Rishi Maze. Then go to Geonosis. In exactly this order. Take Qui-Gon with you to both places. And ask master Plo Koon to go with Padme and Anakin back to Naboo. He might, no, will be needed. Naboo is the safest place for her at present.” I pointed him in the direction of the trail “She is too reckless; I had even warned her about the assassination contracts on her head” that surprises both of them.

 

“Why does Mater Qui-Gon need to accompany me?” asked Obiwan.

 

“That’s additional intel and costs more. Plus, the intel I gave you is all you will need. The rest will unravel itself as long as you look behind the veil. As for why Qui-Gon need to be there. It’s mainly so he can bury the skeletons in his closet” I say enigmatically.

 

“Very well. You sure you can’t give me anymore?” He asks one more time.

 

I shake my head “Where is the fun, if I just tell you everything” he then turns arounds a walk away. Just then Anakin steps up “Do you know where my mother is?” he asked. Obiwan also stops and turns around.

 

“Yes. She is safe. There was a possibility of an attack. So, I moved her to a safe place. Know that she is happy.” He was going to ask more. I cut him off “She will contact you when she wants, or I will take you to her when the time is right.”

 

“YOU will tell me everything, NOW!” he shouts and tries to use the force on me. But unlucky for him, that shit doesn’t work on me. I drew my blasters and fired multiple stun rounds into him even before he could react. Since it’s from such a close range, he can’t do anything about it. He spasms a couple of times and falls down like a sack of potatoes. Apparently being an exceptionally good Padawan and everyone calling him ‘the chosen one’ has gone to the kid’s head.  

 

I look up to see Obiwan with his light saber ready. “Put your glowstick away. I had to take him down a peg or two. He is growing far too arrogant for his own good. Tell Qui-Gon to teach him better. Also tell the brat, not to forget his roots and that he has to learn to control his emotions and not the other way around.” Then I throw a hollo communicator and a data chip I removed from a nearby data-slate. to Obiwan. “Tell Yoda I will send him a mission contract, if he wants help with Geonosis. He can contact me using that. And play holo on the chip after presenting your findings to the council” The holo communicator had a secure line for communication and the data chip had everything that just happened recorded on it. Let’s just say it’s my way of throwing a cold bucket of water over Anakin’s head. It can also be a warning of the future, let’s see how wise is the mighty Jedi council.

 

He nods and carries the unconscious Anakin away. It was time we moved as well. Me and the squad depart from Coruscant. We had things to prepare.

 

(4 days later)

 

We had arrived at our staging area on the outer reaches of the Shimia system. My flotilla was waiting there. It consisted of 20 Lucrehulk-B battleships, 30 Munificent destroyers,20 lancer frigates for fighter screening and 10 servitor class ships for fleet support. The ‘small’ fleet was augmented by droids and automated to a large extend. But this time each ship had Mandalorian officers in command. My trained officers handled all the key function of the ships. There were Mandalorean soldiers and pilots as well. They will fight alongside the droid legions and squadrons. This was also a chance to test out their training and gain experience. Plus, the data obtained can be used to further train the current cadets.

 

There was an 80% chance that Yoda will contact us for assistance, if not I can always bloody my new officers by carrying out some raids.

 

As the fleet undergoes final rundowns and system checks. We gear up for the mission. If we get the contract, our main goal is to capture as many ships and resources as possible. Why just fuck with their plans. I can use those captured ships as excuse to mobilize more forces, atleast till we reveal our hidden hand. For that I have deployed basilisk war droids, Nite owl divisions and our newly trained soldiers alongside the legions of battle droids. I am bringing Bo with me this time; it can be a date.

 

I was doing maintenance on my armor with Bo, in my quarters. Soon I got notified that I had an incoming call.

 

We got armored and made my way towards the bridge of the Big Bertha. Once we arrive, there is a call waiting for me. On answering the call, a holograph of three Jedi masters appear.

 

“Read your contract we have. Welcome any and all help is.” Says Master Yoda. My com officer signals that the signed contract has been received. It mainly gives us rights over any and all captured ships and salvage rights, along with the pay of 700,000 credits. Another clause is that our participation will not be exposed till the full-on offensive starts. Only the Jedi masters are to know of our involvement till then.

 

“Good, what is the situation. Do you have any intel to share.” I ask.

 

“Mater Qui-Gon and Obiwan have been captured.” *Sigh* both Me and Windu sigh at the same time “As far as we heard, the separatists are creating a droid army there. We will bring our own force to the battle. You should already know about them” I nod.

 

“What about Senator Amidala? I am sure she and Anakin are rearing to come to their rescue.” I enquire.

 

“They are indeed causing a ruckus. But as far as we know, Master Plo Koon has them grounded. Let’s hope it stays that way.” Says master Kit Fisto.

 

Just then the jedi masters receive another call. It was master Plo Koon. “What happened master Plo?” asked Windu.

 

“It appears Padme and Anakin have snuck out. I assume they are heading to Geonosis. I am rerouting to our gathering forces as well” explained master Plo Koon.

 

“They are far too reckless. And Anakin is far too unruly to be a Jedi.” I said.

 

“This adds further complications” says master Windu with a contemplative expression.

 

“We will roll with the punches. Now back to the topic at hand, your intel on the creation of a droid army is correct. Our sources also point out that there are large droid foundries active there. We will scout the space around the planet and my officers will send a copy of the data to you. Our fleet consists of 20 Lucrehulk-B battleships, 30 Munificent destroyers,20 lancer frigates for fighter screening and 10 servitor class ships for fleet support. Sending IFFs now. All my ships sport the same black with green and golden accent colour schemes, you can also visually identify them by our sigil. We will contact you, when you reach planet side, in force.” I say. The Jedi masters nod in approval and cuts the line. Unlike in the movies, the intelligence gathered was enough to convince the Jedi Masters that rushing in with a strike team was suicide. They will instead come with the clone armies. I did it not because I wanted to save their lives, but to throw a slight curve ball at Palpatine. He will have a proper war on his hand this way. 

 

Then I turn to my officers “Admiral Krald, I leave the fleet operations to you. Minimize our loses. Capture only those ships you can. Remember our purpose isn’t a republic victory. Just capture the ships we need and destroy some of the others. Leave the heavy lifting to the republic forces. Thus, our contract will be seen as fulfilled.”

 

“Understood Mand’alore” came his reply.

 

“Let’s get ready. I have a present for you.” I say putting my arms around Bo’s waste guiding her to my personal workshop near my quarters. “After this mission I am assigning Jango to look after the owls. And you will join my team.” I say in a happy tone.

 

“Well good thing then, because Jango asked me to convince you to take Arla with you from now on.” I just star at her “Please, for me. I don’t want to be the only girl in a testosterone filled ship.” She asks.

 

“Very well. I will ask Subail to train her after this. Then she can join us, I will have to forge armor for her as well then.” I said, relenting to my wife’s demand.

 

I take her to the workshop and give her an armor identical to mine, but more fitting to her feminine structure. Good thing I had her measurements. *Cough Cough*. So, there is no need for too much adjustments.

 

After an hour of fitting, adjusting and testing. She wears the ghost unit armor for the first time. And the smile she had while wearing it, caused a cold shiver to run down my spine.

 

“You look good in the armor.” I said with a smile.

 

“I look good in anything, or without anything, you should know that by now” she said coyly. Too bad we have a fortress to infiltrate and battle to fight.

 

“From now on your callsign on missions will be, Psyren” I said, giving her a ghost unit callsign “Welcome to Reaper Squad of the Ghost Regiments”. She nods with a serious face.

 

Then I open up my coms “Athena gather the group and prep the Kyr’am. We have a party to blow up.”  This time we are bringing a complete strike force of 19STs.

 

Both of us put on our helmets and head out to the hangar. It’s time for some fun.

33