16 – Walk.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave's POV...


"Are we there yet?" Chow asked in a bored tone "I don't want to lug around this piece of salmon."

Since Peanut was still unconscious, Chow was carrying him. Technically actually, he was not carrying him. Chow was literally grabbing Peanut by the leg and dragging his face on the ground, leaving a long trail of dirt along the way he walked. 

Natalie was worried about Peanut, especially when Chow started lugging him around by the foot. Notice the "was".

She was worried about him but when Blue said something like "Dragging a fish in dirt is very good for a fish. Espicially if it's Peanut." Quin worried no longer.

I know that he was completely bullshiting, but somehow, Natalie managed to believe his bullshit, and stopped worrying about Peanut. But then, Blue went off to a corner and slowly muttered with a straight face "It's very good for Peanut. Very good for him to get dragged in the dirt, it's great stress relief for a fish like me."

We are now back to where we began. Chow was still dragging Peanut, who was basically frothing at the mouth by the way he was being treated.

"Almost there. We should be there in..." Matel looked at his watch, and then said "...Ten minutes."

"That's too long! Come on, I am exhausted! Don't you think that someone else should hold him?!" Chow panted in a tired way.

Holly eyed Chow and assumed the role as the leader of our small group. "Blue you hold Peanut. You will be working together later anyways, so you might as well develop a sense of partnership."

That's karma.

Blue looked at Holly haphazardly and then looked at Peanut. He muttered with a blank face "But if I touch him, I might catch idiot. It's very contagious, and a life-threatening disease you know."

Holly glared at him, while Chow and the others stifled a laugh. "Just do it." Holly rebutted, with an annoyed look on her face.

Blue rolled his eyes slightly, and hesitated when he gazed at Peanut with a sort of disgusted look. I don't think he liked Peanut, as it was obvious to anyone that he had disapproval towards him.

He looked at him, and then he looked at us. He then switched to his calm expression he had on for the past day we knew him, and took a napkin from the bag of supplies he had and wrapped it around his hand. He then slowly picked up one of Peanut's fingers, and started dragging him by that same finger.

I think that finger will break with all that stress put on it. I won't be surprised if it just falls off later.

"Y'know, if you do that, his finger might break." Chow said with a monotone voice, as we walked on along the streets.

Blue furrowed his brows. "Yes... I suppose thats true." Blue then grabbed Peanuts arm and started lugging him around just like Chow had done earlier.

We then resumed our walk in silence, as I got the chance to scan my surroundings.

There are a lot of people and creatures around here, but they would not approach us, I wonder why? Plus Holly is so preoccupied by her short-term goals to take notice of these facts. 

I looked around and took notice of the sights around us. 

This place looks like the route to the mall that opened up earlier this year. No actually, it is that route. Although it is very different from before... This place is a small blood-bath with different sentient creatures other than just humans.

I shivered at the thought. I still could not get used to my complex circumstances, and all the death and destruction that had happened around me. Realizing this fact, I felt awfully sick in my stomach, as the acid from it traveled up my throat, onto my tongue, leaving a sickly sour taste as I swallowed.

I bit my lip, and walked. Before I knew it, we were facing the mall.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Holly questioned, as she gazed into Matel's green eyes.

"Yes. Of course. It's right in the mall." Matel said.

Huh. I didn't know that there was one here. Well, I don't really go to malls that often anyhow.

I put on an indifferent expression as I looked on. 

"Hm. Okay." Holly started to walk into the mall, as we followed her footsteps.


I feel like the new cover is weird looking. I don't know how to draw animals that well, plus my artstyle is sorta realistic, makes it into a weird animal-human fusion. I wanna make a new one(again), but I don't want to at the same time because at the very least it's better than the last two covers.  

0