Chapter 154: Oh crap!
8k 19 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you out of your mind? You think I would allow such a disrespectful act? That Orochimaru did it, didn't surprise me given his personality, but that's why I won't allow something like that to happen again!" - Jiraiya didn't hide his anger.

"Pervy Sage is right! I won't let you disrespect the former Hokage!!" - Naruto

"Technically I'm also a former Hok-" - "SHUT UP! I WILL NEVER CONSIDER SOMEONE LIKE YOU TO HAVE BEEN EVER A HOKAGE" - Eiji was cut off by Naruto.

"Sigh It's not like we have a better option than that. The only one who could face Madara is the Thirst Hokage...plus with Kabuto, I'm confident that if you give me some time, we will be able to revive the First with his full strength, which would be ideal since Madara is currently weakened." - Eiji expected this sort of reaction, so he hid his annoyance while sipping on tea.

"I won't let Konoha fall so low that we would rely on such a vile Jutsu that violate the laws of nature...this isn't only about disrespecting the former Hokage..." - Jiraiya

"I also agree...we should let the dead rest." - Sakura voiced her opinion.

"Wasn't the Edo Tensei developed by the Second Hokage though?" - Eiji

"But it was also declared a forbidden Jutsu by the Second Hokage later on by himself. We should honor his decision, no?" - Jiraiya was experienced and wouldn't lose easily in an argument.

"Normally I would agree, but all four former Hokage's souls are currently imprisoned in the Death God's belly and it's said that they are tortured for all eternity there...wouldn't you want to release them from their suffering?" - Eiji

"Definitely, but given your explanation about the mask we can release them and don't need to revive them after that." - Jiraiya

'Oh crap, did I mess up? I probably should have only told him about me having a way and not get specific...' - Eiji drank from his teacup, giving him a natural way to get time to think.

"..."

"What's wrong?" - Jiraiya

Eiji couldn't come up with anything...

 

Tobi, more specifically Obito, looked at Zetsu like one would look at a schizophrenic who babbled nonsense.

After forcing himself to calm down (it was Black Zetsu, White Zetsu continued to be hysterical), he decided to just say that the boss ordered Tobi to meet him.

With that, they got separated and Zetsu explained to Obito what happened.

Of course, it was hard to believe what he heard.

It would count as a good joke if it wasn't real, but unfortunately, it was.

But after continuing to stare at Zetsu, Obito breathed in. The way Black Zetsu behaved convinced him that this wasn't a joke. However, if white Zetsu told him that he would've just ignored it.

"...sigh...so what's his plan now?" - Obito was vexed since he started to harbor feelings of going with the Eye of the Moon Plan in his own way since he didn't trust Madara fully.

But now that Madara was revived he needed to play along, so he didn't say anything unnecessary.

"He ordered all Akatsuki members to gather so that they can meet him since he plans to lead it from now one himself." - Zetsu

'As expected...my guess is that after that he will try to accelerate the plan or go for the Shiki Ryuu first...' - Obito analyzed in his mind.

"What about the villages, did they make a move? It seems that after Nagato destroyed Kumogakure, surviving shinobis rushed to the other villages demanding a Five Kage Summit. However since the former Mizukage and Tsuchikage returned to their villages, things got chaotic and Kumo didn't receive an answer from most of the villages. For now, only Konoha gave an answer and agreed to it." - Zetsu

When he heard that Obito scoffed: "They know Madara is revived and the 5 great villages still continue to play politics? They never change, do they? So, where is he now?" - Obito didn't need to travel to the meetup location, so he decided to not drag this one and meet Madara now.

 

Sorry, again a day later than the schedule, but writing this chapter was somewhat pretty hard. Things didn't flow as they usually do and I needed to take a lot of breaks. Anyway, I hope the chapter wasn't too dry...I'm setting things up for the next arc and I won't spoil much but Itachi will play a huge role!

 

148