Chapter 2: Perspective Eyes
556 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Hao's guess was correct as he awoke from his coma three days later.

When he first opened his eyes, he received a sudden jolt throughout his body. The whole world seemed very clear and bright to him.

Ye Hao was a little short-sighted before, but now he was surprised to find that his vision had improved to an unimaginable level. In addition, his ears were now extremely sensitive, even able to overhear unwanted chatters from across multiple layers of wall.

"Give me a kiss."

"We can’t... Hey, watch where you’re touching. W— we can’t; this is the hospital!"

"It’ll be fine. Isn't it just you in the ward?"

"That's not enough. If someone were to see..."

"C’mon. Just a mouthful, okay?"

"This— okay."

As Ye Hao listened he suddenly had the urge to see what was happening on the other side of the wall. While reveling in his train of thoughts, the wall in front of Ye Hao suddenly turned transparent, revealing the scene of a young couple madly devouring each other’s saliva.

What! Ye Hao cried in his mind.

Guo Xiu, who was previously resting on the edge of the hospital bed, suddenly woke up from the shaking caused by Ye Hao’s surprise. Upon seeing her up and awake son, her eyes brimmed with joy and ecstasy

"Little Hao, you’re awake!"

Ye Hao felt ashamed and guilty upon seeing the sunken and tear-stricken eyes of his mother, as well as her thinned out figure.

"Mom.”

Guo Xiu smiled happily but suddenly thought of something and quickly pressed the emergency button on the bed.

Soon, a nurse came in but was shocked seeing Ye Hao’s vibrant-looking face after only just waking up from his coma.

Ye Hao's previous situation was very complicated and it was even believed that he would never wake up for an extremely long time.

She stepped forward to check Ye Hao's vital signs before urgently leaving to fetch Ye Hao’s doctor. Hearing the strange news surrounding Ye Hao, the doctor came rushing in swiftly.

"I want to examine your body comprehensively."

After a careful examination, the doctor soon came to a conclusion, that is, Ye Hao's vital signs were normal, even much healthier than normal people.

This is so unreasonable!

One had to know that patients who were stuck in hospital beds for long periods were usually weak and pale. How could a person like Ye Hao suddenly be healthier than before?

Eventually, the doctor gave Ye Hao a discharge notice.

Ye Zhiguo arrived in a hurry when he got the important news. After paying the balance, he took Ye Hao home.

After returning home, Ye Hao froze over in a daze because many home appliances and even furniture were gone.

"Dad, this is—?" Ye Hao stuttered before seeing the dimmed expression of his father.

At this time, Ye Zhiguo's cell phone rang.

Ye Zhiguo picked up his keys and said to Guo Xiu, "I have something to go out and do."

Guo Xiu said deeply after Ye Zhiguo left, "Little Hao, go back to your room and rest properly; let me go and buy the ingredients to make your favorite sweet and sour pork ribs at noon."

Ye Hao nodded silently and returned to his room.

Nothing in his room was moved— nothing was touched at all.

Ye Hao's eyes couldn’t help but get wet.

"Mom and dad, I will let you live a good life in the future." Ye Hao wouldn’t have dared to promise this before, but now he was transformed; he was confident.

Laying in bed, Ye Hao brainstormed various ways of making money

He was not a fool, how could he not see the embarrassing situation at home?

Wait...Perspective!

Ye Hao quickly thought of the passionate scene back at the ward.

Concentrating deeply, he looked towards the living room.

As if adhering to his will, the thick walls blocking his vision suddenly disappeared in front of his very eyes.

As his vision was now unobstructed, he could now see the few sparse furniture left in the living room.

"I gained the ability to see through objects!" Ye Hao was really overjoyed this time.

Thinking up to this point, Ye Hao began pondering ways to get rich using this power

Scratch it!

Ye Hao usually gambled with scratch cards from time to time but always lost out in the end.

It’s silly to have this Xray-like ability and not use it. Just think about it!

Ye Hao pulled out twenty yuan from his drawer and ran towards the lottery shop closest to his home.

"Boss, I want a Scratch." Ye Hao pointed at a stack of twenty-one scratch cards.
The owner of the lottery shop stretched out with the intention of tearing one off himself but Ye Hao quickly stopped him and said, "I want to choose one myself."

"Here." The lottery shop owner gave Ye Hao a stack.

Ye Hao took the stack of lottery tickets and first looked at the rules of winning before staring at the tint layer above it which covered the winning value.

Focusing his eyes, the tint layer of covering disappeared.

Ye Hao saw the value behind the tint layer at a glance.

Missed!

Ye Hao then looked at the second one.

Still missed!

Ye Hao then went to the third one.

Twenty dollars!

Of course, Ye Hao would not choose the third one because it was equivalent to buying it for nothing.

When Ye Hao saw the tenth card, his eyes lit up.

One hundred!

Ye Hao continued to probe through the rest of the stack but was disappointed because the largest amount was that single hundred dollar card.

What a scam!

But if it was so easy to win the lottery, everyone would’ve been well-off. Let’s just take it easy. Anyway, this is quite profitable for me.

"Boss, I want this one." Ye Hao said while tearing off the tenth scratch.

After scraping off the tint layer, it really was a hundred pieces!

The face of the boss was also surprised. "Boy, you’ve got good luck. Do you want two more?"

The boss knew that the biggest prize in the stack was one hundred. If he wanted to even out this loss, he needed to tempt Ye Hao into buying more.

"I'm going to scrape another stack." Ye Hao was not stupid, why would he go and scrape the same stack again?

Wen Yan, the boss, showed disappointment but he still handed Ye Hao a new stack.

Ye Hao once again launched the ability of perspective. However, this time, Ye Hao's luck was worse than before because the largest one in this stack was only fifty yuan.

Ye Hao took out the scratch card valued at fifty yuan and scraped it.

The boss was really surprised this time.

"As I said boy, your luck is too good!"

"Luck?" Ye Hao took the fifty yuan and decided to withdraw.

This kind of thing can’t be done wantonly in one place, otherwise, it will easily attract suspicion.

Ye Hao ran towards the next lottery shop a little further away.

One hundred and thirty!

Just as he was prepared to see through the next tint layer in front of him, Ye Hao felt a sense of weakness assault him.

"This—" Ye Hao's complexion changed greatly.

Did I lose my see-through ability?

Thinking of this possibility, Ye Hao's whole body shuddered and broke out in a cold sweat. He just received such a grand ability but God suddenly decided to play him like this?!

Don’t!

No!

But no matter how Ye Hao tried to activate his eyes, he could no longer see through objects.

Ye Hao returned home, his mood opposite to when he left.

At noon, Guo Xiu made a table of dishes for Ye Hao that he loved to eat the most, but Ye Hao wasn’t as enthusiastic as expected.

Guo Xiu thought that her son was still weak from the coma and did not think much about it

Ye Hao did not rest at all throughout the night, only staring up at the blank ceiling.

Unknowingly, as he was beginning to doze into a slumber, the starry sky which was colored with a tint of orange due to dawn was projected in front of his eyes.

0