Chapter 2: Dio Brando
347 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Dio Brando

Waking up from the bed before daylight arrives, Joanna started exercising. Doing sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups.

“Even though I exercise 3 to 4 hours every day my body is still weak compared to Dio and Jonathan when they grow up.”

Looking at the mirror, Joanna saw a young girl with dark blue hair that reached the shoulders her eyes showing no emotion, her face as cold as an iceberg.

Even if the face is beautiful with flawless skin and hair, she looked like a homeless person, full of depression.

“come on be happy,” she said, softly slapping her cheeks.

The cold face in the mirror changed from a depressed girl into a refined noble lady.

“I hope Dio is not going to be too much trouble.”

Going out of her room, she went along her normal day, witnessing Dio silently suppressing Jonathan and helping Jonathan if Dio went too far.

But what Joanna didn’t expect is Dio suddenly visiting her room one night.

“Anne, it’s me, Dio.”

Hearing the voice outside the door Joanna, she opened the door revealing Dio.

“What’s the matter, Dio?”

“I heard from father that you liked to sculpt and paint, I wanted to see for myself your beautiful work.”

“sure,” she said, giving way for Dio to come in.

“What beautiful art, they’re so detailed and beautiful, I didn’t regret coming here at all.”

“it’s not that good.”

“no, I mean it, they’re beautiful. I wonder if I can come here every other night to admire your work, of course, if I can, can I watch you while you work?”

“I guess, but don’t be too long, father is going to get mad at me, he doesn’t like me being too close to boys even to Jonathan.”

Hearing Joanna’s words, Dio face changed slightly which was caught by Joanna.

‘What is he thinking about? He better not tries to do something funny.’

“Of course, I will only stay for at most 1 hour.”

“Then feel free to look.”

After saying that, Joanna went back to Drawing.

Looking at Joanna’s work, Dio felt puzzled.

‘where did she make these faces.’

Looking at the faces of the sculptures and painting, Dio felt a sense of déjà vu. Anger, contempt, mockery, but what attracted Dio’s is the two life-size statues looking at the bed from both sides. It might look normal compared to the other works in the room, but after looking at the statue for a while Dio saw the disappointment in their eyes.

‘Why is this girl so…’

Looking back at the girl silently drawing, Dio saw a Lonely girl instead of a content noblewoman. Looking back at the statue he saw a name on both of them. The male one is called William Brown and the female one is called Angel Brown.

‘Brown’ seeing the family name made him remember one of his friends called John Brown.

-2 years ago

In a small bar while Dio is waiting for someone to be full of himself to try to play chess with him, but A young boy with the most normal ordinary face, with brown hair and ordinary clothes, approached him.

“Hey why are you playing chess at a bar?” the boy asked, looking at the blond boy.

“if you don’t want to play then go away.”

“Fine, I’ll play.”

“Remember to pay me after you lose.”

 

-10 minutes later

 

“How did you learn how to play chess anyways, actually how did you even know the rules” looking at the boy that lost to him, Dio saw a naïve fool.

‘How did he even survive here.’

“Pay me and go already!”

“Okay Mr. genius calm down.” He said, reaching into his pockets, but found out that the money that he brought was gone.

Seeing the flustered look on the boy’s face, Dio knew that his money was stolen.

“Get out! If you don’t have the money then don’t even bother trying to fake it.”

“I’m sorry, I could’ve sworn it was there a second ago. What’s your name? Where do you live? I’ll pay you back later,” the boy said, smiling at Dio.

“Get out.”

 

-2 hours later

 

Walking inside his home Dio waited for his father to call him.

“Dio, where’s my booze,” Dio’s father Dario Brando asked.

“I didn’t get any,” Dio said in disgust as he saw his drunk father approaching him.

“Don’t lie to me kid. I know you went to the bar tonight, where’s my booze,” he said, putting both of his hands on Dio’s shoulder.

“I don’t have any money.”

Not believing Dio’s words, Dario started searching in his son’s pocket only to find nothing.

“Remove your underwear,” he said as he pulled down Dio’s pant’s

 “What!”

Dio, shocked at what his father said, unconsciously punched his father’s face.

“Ahh, you!” Dario yelled as he raised his fist up into the air.

“Hello? Is Dio there?”

“Huh…who are you?” Dario asked while he retracted his fist and opened the door.

Behind the door is John Brown, the boy that Dio met in the bar.

“I’m John, I owed Dio some money a while ago.”

Not long after Dario went back inside, Dio was thrown out.

“Don’t come back until you got some booze!”

Hearing the door slammed behind him and looked at John.

“Did I come at a bad time?”

Dio ignored John’s words and wordlessly left.

“Hey Dio, let’s hang out.”

“No”

Hearing Dio’s reply, John started walking towards Dio.

“Don’t follow me.”

“I’m not, it just so happens that we’re going in the same direction.”

“tch”

Seeing that John won’t stop, he immediately picked up his pace.

Arriving at the bar, Dio ordered his father’s Alcohol.

“hmm, why are you buying for your father’s drink so late at night? Don’t tell me you’re not buying it for your father.”

“Why do you care! Hurry up!” Dio said as he put all the money that he has to the table.

Looking at the coins at the table the bartender was dissatisfied.

“Not enough.”

“Don’t joke with me, I know the prices. This should be enough for at least 3 bottles.”

“Get out if you’re not convinced!”

“maybe we can trade for something else.”

At this time John suddenly said.

A few minutes later the two boys found themselves bootless.

‘Damn this kid, selling away my boots. Now I have endured the mocking gaze of everyone while pain is stabbing my feet!” Dio thought angrily as every step and every gaze that was thrown at him made him even angrier.

Seeing Dio’s angry face he walked beside him and said, “do you want me to carry you?”

“Fuck off! Do you think that I Dio is a weakling!”

Ignoring Dio’s words. John wordlessly princess carried Dio to his house.

‘he’s lighter than I thought’ John thought as he put his exercised body to use.

Remembering the past when he met John for the first time, Dio wordlessly left Joanna’s room after looking at the time.

The next day Joanna disguised herself as a boy and went to practice her boxing skills.

“Come on Josh beat him up.”

“Didn’t you always win, hurry up Josh.”

Joanna ignored the cries from the crowd because in front of her is Jonathan her little brother trying to beat him.

‘What a coincidence.’

Seeing Jonathan’s fist rushing towards her, she dodged with little effort.

‘he’s punches are so predictable.’

After playing with him for a while, Joanna finally landed a punch on Jonathan’s face.

“That’s our champion, Josh, beating the new guy.”

“The new guy has some guts to try and beat our champion.”

Offering her arm, Joanna tried to help Jonathan up, but Jonathan slapped her arm away.

“I don’t need your help, one day I’m going to defeat you,” he said, getting up and walking away.

After the fight with her little brother, Joanna’s days passed by as normal except for Dio coming to her room and comforting Jonathan in her room.

One-night Joanna was in her brother’s room, hugging her brother that’s sobbing in her arms.

“Damn that Dio! It’s like he’s targeting me and taking over my life, why is he doing this to me?”

‘I’ve been here more consistent lately, Dio is getting harsher and harsher towards Jonathan.’

“come on JoJo, you are Jonathan Joestar the heir of the Joestar family. You can’t be sad like this just because Dio is better than you right now.”

“but he doesn’t have to be so mean to me and father is so biased towards Dio.”

“JoJo, Dio thinks that you’re a rival, someone that he must defeat to prove himself and father is biased towards Dio because he’s embarrassed that you can’t even be as good as someone from the slums. Think about what would think if his son is worse than a poor commoner.”

“I guess so, Thank you, big sis. You’re always here to cheer me up.” He said, hugging Joanna tightly.

‘I think I might’ve spoiled him too much.’

Walking out of the room, Joanna started walking back to her room, unaware that someone was eavesdropping on her.

‘she thinks that I’m just a poor commoner from the slums!’

Dio in the shadows stared at Joanna slowly walking away with resentment.

‘at first, I thought of making you my servant, but now you’ll pay for insulting me bitch, wench!’

After saying this in his mind, Dio went back to her room, planning for the downfall of Joanna Joestar.

-the next day

“In this corner is Jonathan Joestar! He’s looking stronger lately! And his opponent Josh Brown didn’t come today and the opponent has been changed. All we know is his name! He’s the new guy in town.”

‘it couldn’t be’ Jonathan thought as he saw the person behind the parting crowd.

“Introducing Dio Brando!”

Meanwhile in the Joestar manor.

“ugh! It’s that time of the month again. Why does it hurt so much every time!”

George Joestar hearing her daughter’s complaint could only help by sending the maids.

After a couple of days, Joanna realized that Jonathan seemed happier than usual.

‘JoJo should be dating Erina right now,’ She thought.

“Big sis, did you see that silly smile of JoJo, I’m afraid that our brother is being tricked by a woman to try and steal from our family.” Dio who came from behind her and said.

“I don’t think so Dio, you’re too paranoid.”

‘This should be when he’s trying to break up Erina and JoJo.’ She thought

“you should follow him to make sure, or would you like me to follow him,” looking at Dio’s smile, Joanna know that he’s up to no good.

“I’ll watch him, you don’t have to do that.”

Following JoJo out of the Joestar household, he saw him sitting near a stream of water next to a bridge.

Seeing the blond girl next to JoJo, Joanna knew that she’s Erina Pendleton.

Seeing the two being happy reminded Joanna her childhood friend before she died.

‘why did am I so stupid! I already have a happy life! I miss her…I miss everyone’ she thought as she looked at Jonathan and Erina with an envious gaze.

Watching the both of them starting to leave, she stayed for a while reminiscing, that is until a voice wakes her up.

“Big sis, why are you doing here.”

Turning her head at the fastest speed possible, Joanna saw Dio approaching her.

“it’s dangerous for a girl to be out at this hour, who knows what kind of thugs will attack you.”

Seeing Dio’s concerned eyes, Joanna felt something was wrong.

Looking around Joanna to her surprise that people were hiding behind the trees around her.

‘Did Dio do this? But I didn’t do anything to oppose Dio yet, I know him, he only makes enemies when they get in his way.’

Looking at the increasing number of people around her, sweat started to appear as her body started to become tense.

‘he wouldn’t kill me, right? I’m not the heir, JoJo is.’

“What do we have here? A cute girl away from home,” a thug came forwards and said.

Seeing the disgusting that’s uglier than her uncle, she immediately wanted to punch him.

“Stand back sis, I hold them off,” Dio said, pulling Joanna behind him.

“Huh, a kind like you? Don’t make me laugh,” the thug said as he and the other thugs approached Joanna and Dio.

“Sis, go! There’s too many of them, I can’t hold them for long!”

‘I don’t know what you’re trying to do but, it’s not going to work on me!’

Running away as fast as possible, but the way to the Joestar manor was blocked.

“Where are you going, missy?”

‘Three people, can I take them.’

Seeing the three people blocking her, she took a step to try and fight, but the shouting from behind her made her courage falter.

Opting for going to another direction, she followed the stream until she saw the end of the line a cliff accompanied by a waterfall.

“Nowhere to run now missy!”

Looking behind her, she saw the red eyes of dozens of wolves as the setting sun behind them signifying the beginning of Joanna’s despair.

“Come here Missy, we don’t want to hurt you. We only want to make you feel very good.”

Looking at the excited expression on their faces, Joanna knew that they were not there to kill her.

‘they want to Dirty my body beyond imaginable.’

Thinking of multiple rods from multiple men going inside her made her immediately vomit on the spot.

Seeing the girl, they were chasing is uncontrollably vomiting on the ground, they’re faces immediately turned ugly.

“How dare you bitch, do you think that I’m ugly huh! How about I teach you some manners!” the thug that Joanna saw before she separated with Dio is coming towards her.

“Yeah Teach her boss, let her feel what it’s like to be a woman.”

Seeing the boss thug approaching her, a suicidal thought appeared on Joanna’s mind.

‘Jump to the waterfall, jump to the waterfall. Heroes do it all the time and they survived.’

As this thought emerged another thought appeared.

‘don’t jump! Why should you gamble your life just because of someone doing something disgusting to you? You’re not a hero! You’re just a side character! An ordinary person!’

Seeing the girl frozen stiff from fear, the boss pulled her from the ground and done something that made Joanna vomit again.

“Blarggghhh!”

After separating lips from the man, Joanna vomited on the man’s clothes which made him slap Joanna on her face.

“How dare you bitch!” he said, ripping off a part of her dress, exposing the left half of her body from the shoulders.

“Hahaha come on boss hurry up! We can’t wait for our turn.”

“Yeah yeah”

“Shut up!” the boss yelled, making the crowd behind him silent.

Joanna after vomiting everything in her stomach started to get up.

“What your name?” she asked.

“would you like to know that? My name is Jabez Norman,” he said, pulling Joanna closer, but instead of trying to kiss her again, he reached his hand to somewhere lower.

“I’ll remember that name…Bastard!” Joanna screamed as she punched Jabez in the gut, followed by a punch to the face.

“you dare!” Jabez tried to push Joanna away but found out that the girl he thought was fragile flower is actually a girl that trained her body every day from the age of 5.

“drop dead! Bastard!” she shouted as her punch connected with Jabez’s face.

“Argh!”

“Boss!” the crowd shouted as they rushed forward to help their boss.

“it’s not over yet!” she said as she did a trick that Dio taught her when she was disguised as John Brown.

‘Taste this Booth Boxing style without any boxing gloves!’ she yelled in her heart as he extended her thumb towards Jabez's eye and sent him flying.

“have fun living with one eye.” She said as she ran towards the water.

“Don’t let her escape!” is all Joanna could hear before gravity had its way with her.

18