Chapter 5: Confronting Dio
237 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Confronting Dio

Stabbing the pig corpse in front of her, JoJo started to drink its blood.

‘ughhh! It tastes like shit! It’s like a jump from a delicious hot steak to a cold uncooked meat that has rotted for three days!’

After draining the second pig, JoJo stopped. Not from being full, but from disgust.

“What’s wrong JoJo?” Robert asked behind JoJo.

“it’s nothing. Let’s go back,” she said.

Going out of the butcher shop, JoJo thought of something when looking at the moon.

‘If Dio knows about the stone mask when he visited me. Then he must’ve used it on that guy yesterday. Then today is the day that Dio fought Jonathan.’

“RobRob, is there a carriage that I can borrow? I fear that Dio might do something to my family,” She said, looking at the streets.

On the outskirts of London, a carriage could be seen navigating on the road full of mud in the rain.

‘I have a really bad feeling about this,’ she thought, looking at the thundering sky.

Meanwhile, in the Joestar manor, Jonathan confronted Dio with his left hands bandaged.

“I have evidence of your devilish plan and what you happened to my sister, Dio!” Jonathan said, lighting up a three-candle holder.

‘He caught me. But I won’t run. I came back here to fight JoJo.’ Dio thought, thinking of ways to make JoJo come closer.

“I found the antidote. Dad just drank it. Dio, I lost my sister long ago, grief, filled every part of my body as I cried. Even though you didn’t cry at first, but after suspecting you of killing her, I went to your room to fight. However, I didn’t find you in your room. I heard you crying all night shouting the name Josh in big sister’s room. Even though I don’t know who John is, but I could guess that Josh is my sister’s name when outside disguising herself when she goes to London learning how to sculpt.”

‘This worm heard me doing that. No wonder he went his day not suspecting me. I’ve shown my weakness to him! Maybe I could use this to my advantage,’ Dio thought.

“Dio, I know you might not believe what I’m going to say this. I hate you! If you only just ruined my life, killed Danny, and separated me with my lover I would’ve still thought of you as a brother, but after knowing that you killed my sister 7 years ago. I lost it!” Jonathan shouted as he pulled out a revolver and aimed it at Dio.

“Wait! JoJo, I have something to confess! Your sister, Joanna Joestar is still alive!” Dio said, elated at JoJo’s expression of shock.

“What?!” JoJo said, his arm feeling weak as he dropped the gun on his hands.

‘Big sis is alive?” JoJo thought, concentrating his sight and ears on Dio.

‘Damn you, JoJo! Why did you come out of the slums alive?! I’ll have to get close to him and kill him with one quick stab’ Dio thought as he told his sad story to JoJo.

“Our sister Joanna saved me in my troubled times under the name of John Brown and I had the childhood that I never had! And I stupidly repay her by trying to sully her body just because I heard say that I’m a slum kid. I never wanted to kill her, but she would rather kill herself than be ravaged by stupid lowlifes! But I found her at the bottom of the waterfall. Stuck onto a rock. She wouldn’t wake up after 7 years but just now she has woken up. I came back to tell the good news and turn myself in. if I wanted to run, I could’ve run anywhere! JoJo, I regret my life until now! Being poor when I was a child made me greedy!” Dio said, smiling at Jonathan.

“Really?! You’re my brother after all!” JoJo said, going forward to try and hug Dio.

“Don’t get too close Mr. Joestar. Remember that the snake did try to kill your father and who knows if what he’s saying is true,” a man with a hat said, lighting up a match.

‘Who is this?!’ Dio thought as he saw the man foiling his plans.

“Who am I, you ask? Let me introduce myself. My name is Robert E. O. Speedwagon, the meddler. I was worried about Mr. Joestar so I came with him from London. Mr. Joestar let me tell you that I was raised in the squalor and I’ve seen a lot of lowlifes. My nose knows the difference between good and bad. And this guy stinks worse than a pile of puke! I never met a man as wicked as him!” he explained as he kicked the candle that JoJo put down beside Dio.

“Wicked because of circumstances? No! this man is born evil,” he said, pointing at Dio.

Walking behind the curtains, Speedwagon pulled out a short, scrawny, elderly Chinese man. Causing Dio to be surprised.

“This man is familiar to you isn’t it?”

“This man has testified that he sold the poison to you,” Jonathan said, causing Dio to be anxious.

“I heard enough. This is truly a shame. I put the same love and hope into you as I did to my own children,” George said, coughing.

“Dad you still need rest,” JoJo said.

“No, I want to see my daughter. If what you said is true, Dio. I will make sure that you’ll have the most luxurious life in prison.” He said, looking at Dio.

“I didn’t lie father. She will come here soon. I’m sure of it,” He said, just as the sound of a carriage outside could be heard.

Jonathan hearing the sound of horses outside was ecstatic and was about to rush outside to meet her sister, but Dio stopped him.

“JoJo, I want you to be the one to handcuff me. For our years together.” Dio said, preparing to strike.

“Alright, I understand,” he said, taking the handcuff from the person behind him.

“Be careful, Mr. Joestar!” Speedwagon warned Jonathan as he stared at Dio.

“JoJo, being human means having limits. I’ve now understood what our sister said when I was in the slums. The more you scheme, the more your plans will not work. Only true power will reign supreme. And humans are too weak.” Dio said, his eyes slowly changing to become excited.

“What are you saying? What do you mean?” JoJo said, confused at what Dio said.

“I’ve already done it to our sister as a thank you for making me realize the truth of the world. Now it’s my turn.” Dio said, suddenly pulling a stone mask from his clothes with his right arm.

“I’m going to Reject my humanity, JoJo!”

Putting the mask in front of him, Dio cut away the bandages from his left arm. Revealing a curved knife.

“I’m moving beyond Humanity!” Dio said, stabbing towards JoJo with the knife in his hand.

“Where did you get that?!” JoJo asked, unable to get away from the knife that’s approaching.

“it’s dangerous, Watch out!” Speedwagon said.

“Shoot him now!” the butler said

“JoJo, I’ll use your blood!” Dio said, stabbing at Jonathan.

“I won’t allow you!”

A figure appeared beside Jonathan and pushed him out of the way.

Seeing the one who saved him, Jonathan was shocked.

“Sister are you okay?!” he said, holding tightly to JoJo.

Looking at the bleeding wound on her abdomen, she felt a sense of déjà vu.

“This wound is nothing,” she said, reassuring Jonathan.

‘if only could control my strength better. Then I don’t have to worry about injuring Jonathan.’

“hehehe hahaha,” Dio laughed as he put the stone mask on and smeared it with JoJo’s blood.

JoJo tried to stop him, but Jonathan is holding to closely to JoJo. Causing her to stop.

‘You’re not going to succeed today Dio!’

JoJo, seeing that Dio almost succeeded, pulled on one of her fingers causing it to be severed and thrown it at Dio with her superhuman strength.

“Arghhhh!” Dio screamed as the stone mask fell out his and got thrown out with the stone mask outside the window.

“Sister your fingers!” Jonathan shouted; a scared look appeared on his face.

“Jonathan, I’m fine. Let go of me!” she said, prying Jonathan’s hands off.

“You need medical treatment; you’ll die if you don’t!” Jonathan said, not letting go no matter what.

Outside the window, Dio whose neck is almost broken is lying on the floor. Looking at the mask that’s shaking.

‘Anna, why? Is it because of JoJo? I guess I don’t deserve your love anymore after I almost killed you. Damn it if only I can contain my anger. If only this weakness didn’t plague me!’ Dio thought as her mother’s face appeared on his mind.

“Joanna Joestar. you cared for me and willing to suffer in my place. I’ll never forget the words that you said to me.”

The stone mask tendrils extended beside Dio. Causing it to go away from Dio.

‘You deserve better Dio! I believe that no one is evil, it’s just that people made bad choices. No matter how shitty and annoying you are, I will support you all the way!’ Dio heard in his mind as he looked at the diluted blood flowing from the left-over blood of JoJo.

“But you lied to me, Anna! So, it’s only fair that fate is by my side” Dio shouted as the stone mask activated again but this time, it flew towards Dio and placed itself on Dio’s face.

“I, Dio will be king! Hahaha!” he laughed as he smeared the mask once again with JoJo’s blood. Causing light to appear. Attracting the attention of the people inside.

“Everyone runs away! I’ll delay Dio.” JoJo said, picking up her finger on the floor and reconnected it.

“Ms. Joestar, what are you talking about. we have guns here and it’s Dio who should be running,” Speedwagon said

“The stone mask has a magical ability to turn someone into a monster. The light that appeared means that he succeeded in activating the mask. I was too careless. I thought that the finger I threw is hard enough to knock Dio unconscious,” JoJo said.

“Wryyyyyyy!”

A gunman beside JoJo suddenly got stabbed by a hand hanging from the sky and started to shrivel.

“Dio!”

JoJo jumped towards Dio, grabbed Dio’s left wrist, and broken it.

“Idiot! Why would I drink the blood of weak humans if I could just drink yours!” Dio said, stabbing JoJo’s neck.

‘Dammit!’ JoJo thought as she grabbed Dio’s hand that’s sucking her blood and with her other hand, she stabbed Dio’s chest.

With the two sucking each other’s blood, the situation has reached a standstill.

“Hurry up and go away!” JoJo shouted towards Jonathan and the others.

But- “ Jonathan said but was interrupted by George.

“Let’s go. We’ll only be on your sister’s way,” he said, pulling Jonathan away.

After going out of the mansion. Jonathan’s group heard JoJo’s scream from inside the mansion.

“Sister! I’m going in!” Jonathan said, running back inside.

“Wait, JoJo!” George said, but Jonathan ignored his father’s warning and went inside.

11