Chapter 1: Rebirth
279 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"did you get the document" asked an old man stroking his gray beard, he was talking to a bespectacled Asian man standing to his side. They were on board a ship sailing aimlessly in the sea.

"No, the Alliance have it completely under lock, only those with the highest authority have access"he replied in a carefree manner.

"I see" although he had expected this, he couldn't help but feel a slightly disappointment.

"I suggest we start the operation now, although we couldn't get the document, we are more than prepared" The bespectacled man said with a mischievous smile

"..."

"..."

"I suppose  you're right, we've been preparing for 10 years, it should be long enough now, notify the whole guild, our first course will be the Golden Seas" The old man said listlessly 

"of course, and the other projects?"

The old man paused..

"..."

"cancel them"

 

.....

   

Du....Du.....Du......Du!!!

A slow but steady beat rung through the rain forest, a colossal four legged beast covered in dark red fur razed through. It bit down and uprooted an ancient tree, chewing it into paste. A golden glow shined inside its mouth before disappearing, through the light, the beast seemed like it had become stronger. The Beast paused, seemingly dissatisfied as it scowled in discontent and headed deeper into the forest, disappearing into the mist....

In a nearby tree, a baby chick had woken up, its eyes gleamed with intelligence, it had soft gray feathers and beady black eyes that darted around, looking at its surrounding.

'I'm not dead?'

It moved it small body, putting its 'hands' in front of its face and examining the feathered wing with great curiosity

Although he was evidently shocked, he felt a weird joy inside of him, however first, he wanted to see what he looked like and where he currently was. He cautiously hopped towards the entrance and peeked down to see several pairs of eyes staring back.

“...”

There was a whole pack of fierce looking wolves, they had surrounded the tree and were laying down comfortably as if it was their nest. They had spotted green fur instead of the usual grey and were at least twice the size of a normal wolf. Although the wolves didn't seem like they could climb, the real problem was how to get down, although he was sure he was some type of bird, he instinctively knew he couldn't fly.

'dammit, what use is a bird that can't fly'

He cried out to himself, he didn't want to be reborn just to die again.

He holed up in his nest, deciding to wait it out.

1 hour passed by and they were still there, he sustained myself on the fruits that hung on the tree, determined to wait it out to survive, although they seemed to glow strange colors when he ate them, it didn't seem like it harmed him so he continued to enjoy them as they tasted better then any other kind of food he had.

A few more hours passed and the wolves started to emit unrestrained hostility towards him

By the time the day had ended, the wolves seemed to go crazy for some reason as they stalked his nest the whole night, growling in a low tone as they circled the tree.

They continued to surround his nest, watching him without sleep for several days....

             

3