Chapter 2: Tiger
234 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man covered head to toe in black faced an old man who stood on a separate ship, the waves crashing against the ship were made of solid gold. The gold acted just like water, mirroring it to the very touch.This was the golden sea, its reach stretched for hundreds of miles and they were right in the middle of it.

"the tutorial is almost over now" The man in black said

"what do you want" The old main responded tiredly

"what do you mean? I came to meet you" The man sulked childishly

The old man sighed "Cain, I don't have the energy for your games, what do you want"

The mans smile faltered 

"I'm here on behalf of the great leader to ask for a trade, we know you've been trying to find documents on that incident" Cain replied

The old man shook his head, they kept it under locks for so long, so why now?

"We've already stopped the projects, having it now won't help"

"But we've successfully done it, we can give you the information in exchange for the enhancing-vials formula, even a low-grade one is fine"

The old man was delighted at first but when he heard the second end of the sentence he glared at him. enhancing-vials were extremely precious to earthlings who were generally weaker then the rest and by Cains character he wouldn't be satisfied with any formula lower then a high-grade despite his words.

"I can't agree to that trade" He said in a low voice

“It's fine, I had expected this, although....“ 

Cain paused

“I do have another option for you if you're interested" Cain said with a smile

 
 

.........

 
 

5 weeks had passed by and all the fruits on the tree were gone, from what he could tell, eating them made you stronger somehow, he didn't know how it worked but it seemed pretty simple. He had also realized that it wasn't that the wolves couldn't climb the tree, it had more to do with the tree itself and a barrier that prevented things from entering but not leaving. 

Because of the fruits that were able to boost your strength, A pack of beasts would usually claim territory around a tree and wait them to fall naturally. 

By this point he knew this wasn’t his world anymore. He didn’t mind staying, but with his mother still there....

He started frowning. Without him there, the men he had been driving away would arrive in droves like moths to a flame. How could he not know of their intentions when they looked over his mother with eyes lustily scanning over her body.

When they came, he would flash his fathers pistol, scaring them off. They weren’t desperate enough to risk their life to do one woman as you could find one in a brothel. After the war ended, the brothel’s business had experienced a huge jump. They could provide more service using the widows and orphans leftover from the war.

Sighing, he narrowed his eyes at the wolves, although he had eaten so many fruits, he was still no match for even the weakest wolf. The wolves howled below, they had decided they would wait for this baby chick to starve.

Since he couldn’t fly, he knew he had to outrun them, but that was impossible. He looked around his nest for something to use, but there were only thickets and vines put together into a makenest, It looked like he would be running.

He tested his speed, running circles around in his nest. It looked like he was fast, very fast. He could even outrun an adult human, but against these wolves, that fact couldn’t reassure him. 

The wolves below suddenly started howling loudly, making him jump, they fiercely growled as a huge tiger stepped through a bush. Its pitch black eye looked over the wolves and scanned along the tree branches and it suddenly flashed a toothy grin.

It flexed its legs and pushed off the ground, lunging at the nearest wolf and smacking it. The green wolf’s head was sent spinning into the dirt from the force of its large paw.

The other wolves circled it, taking this chance to gain an advantage. The tiger bit into the wolf’s neck and held, the wolf struggled and shook underneath but it’s effort were useless as its body went limp with a resounding crack.

     

2