Chapter 3: Instinct
204 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of the golden seas, under the the sea made of gold, one would find the desolate ruins of an empire and in the middle of the ruins stood a palace. The palace was empty and contained none of the treasure it once held. Deeper into the palace, in the throne room, standing on a red carpet, an old man stared blankly ahead. Five people stood behind him, they each wore long gray robes, outlined in black.

The old man stroked his beard and closed his eyes. The five people behind shook and and pulled out daggers, aligning the point of  the dagger with their chest, they impaled themselves, the dagger was met with no resistance and sunk through until only the hilt was visible. their pupils constricted and rolled up to the back of their head, their body spasmed and then collapsed like puppets with cut strings, their breathing turned rough and veins popped on their necks, a red ball of light was then vomited out from each of their mouths and the five balls of light went to coat the ground like a sheet.

The old man sighed and opened his eye. The sheet of red light then moved itself towards the center of the room and compressed itself into a vortex that spun violently. The palace started to crack and fissures appeared, running along the palace walls. A red bolt of lightning emerged from the vortex and struck upwards, blasting a hole in the roof, unveiling the gold sea hidden by the palace roof. The old man glanced at the corpses and frowned. Averting his eyes and stepping onto the vortex, he murmured something as he was sucked in.

 

 

.........

 

 

Seeing their comrade killed in front of their eyes, the wolves went mad with blood lust and attacked without any regard for their safety. The tiger stayed calm, confident in its victory as it had butted heads with the wolves many times before. Although it had lost, it was mostly due to the tree standing in front, which was actually a healing tree that produced healing fruits and a burst of strength to small for predators like the them to notice. All the fruits the wolves kept as storage were now rotten and would probably harm the body instead of healing it. The tiger grinned and watched the wolves that leaped towards it with ridicule, knowing they had lost their source of healing fruits.

...

The battle lasted for two hours and ended when the tiger crushed the skull of the last wolf, it had severely underestimated the strength of the wolves. The wolves ate many fruits since the last time they had fought and gained a noticeably large increase in strength and were tough even without the fruits themselves. The tiger had attempted to escape several times during the fight but was obstructed each time by a particularly large angry green wolf that seemed to have been related to the first wolf. The tiger dropped down from exhaustion breathing unsteadily when a certain grey baby chick dropped down from the tree.

It stared at the baby chick as it hopped towards him cautiously, to tired to even glare at the chick, it closed its eyes. It didn't think the baby chick would be able to hurt him, let alone kill him. It was about to doze off when a tiny claw landed on its forehead, the tiger twitched and moved to get up when a destructive force from the claw broke through his skull and pierced his brain, instantly killing him....

 

......

 

He winced, his talons had broken from the pressure he had put on it trying to break the tigers skull, he had stayed in the tree during the fight, to scared to run, he felt one of the wolves would make a move to kill him if he tried as they had kept glancing over at him during the fight. When he saw the tiger drop from exhaustion, he felt a strong inexplicable urge to kill it. This emotion seemed to be a dormant instinct, an instinct he had kept suppressed inside of him, although it felt weird experiencing such an emotion, he felt that he would need it in the wild.

He glanced at the dead tiger, when he had felt it twitch under his claw, he panicked and drew upon some hidden internal strength within his body to unleash a destructive force that completely crushed its skull, making it cave in. He had fallen half-way in and was now covered in brain bits and blood. He expected some type of power-up but did not gain anything of the sort. Looking around at his surroundings, he decided to run the opposite way the tiger had come.

 

3