Chapter 4: Power
186 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a rain forest, The air distorted and began to heat up. The trees and clustered leaves disintegrated into ash as a small purple flame appeared, carrying with it tremendous heat. The flame grew and began to take the form of a humanoid figure. The purple flames gradually disappeared, uncovering a young boy with white hair and blood-red eyes.

He looked at his body expressionlessly and examined it, reading the length, strength and flexibility of his arms and legs, touching his cheeks and rubbing his hair, he then went to confirm his gender and race. The boy looked around the scorched ground and made a smile.

"it should be fire this time" The boy murmured softly, noticeably pleased.....

 

In another part of the rain forest, an old man walked out from behind a waterfall, dragging the corpse of a headless white tiger. Although his gold robe was drenched in water, he didn't seem to care as he was in deep concentration.

"was that...." although it was momentarily, he had expressed shock in his usually dead eyes.

The vortex had transported him randomly inside the rain forest, while wandering around he discovered a large tree behind a waterfall, with his experience he immediately knew what it was and how precious it was. The tree was several times the size of the healing tree and its inhabitant was a large white tiger that reached the height of five meters.

Despite its fierce aura and power, it had been dispatched in one blow by the old man. The old man proceeded to look through the tigers store of fruits and absorb them, eating it directly was inefficient and wasted the energy stored inside the fruits. These fruits were the core ingredients used in the creation of the enhancing-vials. Although they would have a stronger effects if turned into vials, they would rot if he had left them.

While absorbing the energy from the fruits, he felt the use of energy foreign to this world, an energy he was quite familiar with.

Looking in the direction of the energy wave, he narrowed his eyes, it had come from somewhere deeper into the forest.

Making a mental note of the trees location, he circulated the energy in his body and pushed off the ground, leaping into the air and creating a deep crater.

 

 

........

 

 

While making his way through the clumps of wet leaves and dangling vines, his dull grey feathers had started to fall off as a bright yellow color replaced them, after this development, instead of making him an easier target, animal that would occasionally bother him, thinking he was an easy meal now kept a distance between them.

Unbeknownst to him, this transformation was caused by him killing the tiger, his instincts were geared to take advantage of situations like those to accelerate his growth.

He had now sustained himself off the fruits found on the trees, although they didn't taste as good as the healing fruit as they were normal fruits, they at least kept him alive. Strangely enough, he knew whether most of the fruits were poisonous or safe and when he didn't, he would stay away from them.

Although he had adapted very easily, he was very frustrated with his growth, he had seen the strength the tiger showed to fend off and even kill nine green spotted wolves. What made him even more frustrated was the fact that he couldn't draw upon the hidden source of destructive force he had unleashed to completely cave in the tigers head.

This frustration filled him with a murderous intent that craved and demanded brutality, although he had suppressed the emotions to a certain degree, after mindlessly walking through the large rain forest for days on end, the restrictions binding them eventually loosened.

The change happened slowly, he would feel random fits of anger, which would over time alter his personality, he would plow through the forest killing small animals and critters. One time he had stumbled upon a stray injured green spotted wolf and viciously lunged at it, using his small claws too tear through its stomach and butcher it inside out.

While this had happened, his strength steadily grew through his repeated slaughters and massacres, this was the nature of his species, it made his already violent nature even more violent, how times had he almost pulled the trigger on the men who would come to take advantage of his mom on earth, although he felt justified, he really just wanted to shoot them to satisfy his nature. He had always carried his fathers pistol around, looking for a chance to use it even during the public speech.

In the rain forest where death was normal, he felt perfectly suited to the environment, the instincts of the yellow bird and his nature perfectly fit together, but despite the compatibility, his mind rejected his own nature and in his head, an alter-ego was created...

 

 

 

 

3