Chapter 5: Glorious
151 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the rain forests trees, a purple ball of flame flew by, leaving a trail of thick smoke. The air around it distorted and warped out of shape, seemingly unnatural as it twisted and curved wherever the flames went. 

The purple flame attracted the attention of several fierce and powerful beasts inside the forest, but they didn't dare go near it as the flames unnerved them and made them feel an intense sense of dread.

Inside the flames was a young boy, he had his brows knitted in deep concentration with sweat pouring down his cheeks.

He had not thought the forest would be so dangerous, the beasts inside were all from myths or legends and some were even species that should've been extinct.

Although he could drive the beast away with his purple flames, the flames came from a limited source, they were similar to a starter pack that eventually ran out after repeated use.

Watching the supply of flames go down, he couldn't help but feel anxious and nervous.

 

.......

 

The old man leisurely followed after the foreign energy he had felt while he was inside the waterfall, easily killing the beasts in his way.

Although he had a task, there was no specific time limit, so he was in no hurry, besides, he was sure whoever was emitting the energy was calling out to him, or why else they waste so much energy unless they were stupid.

He wanted to see the person who could summon so energy.

'They must be quite powerful' he thought to himself along the way.

 

 

.......

 

 

In the rain forest farther away, a yellow bird dashed through a cluster of leaves and vines, behind it was a large number of green spotted wolves madly chasing it.

The wolves eyes were red from anger, pushing themselves to the limit to catch the small yellow bird.

Although the said yellow was not actually yellow, it was really the color of red as it was dyed in the blood of the numerous green spotted wolves it had killed before.

...

As the destructive instinct gradually faded from him, he felt his mind was clearer and calm.

He no longer felt like hunting animals and humans to feed his frenzy or fuel his madness.

He now easily suppressed his lingering emotions, feeling different from before.

Although he didn't know why the pressure faded, he felt it was a stroke of good luck.

When he regained full control of himself, he was facing down twenty green spotted wolves, he was heavily injured and his breathing was unsteady, around him laid the corpse of several green spotted wolves and other unidentifiable creatures.

The first thing he did was run, shocking the wolves as they were unable to react.

While the fight progressed, they had thought the bird didn't plan to run, it was mad with anger and bloodlust, brutal in its killing methods, there was no move it didn't use, they didn't even think about it running as the madness in its eyes were genuine.

Although, when it suddenly turned tail and ran, they thought they had been fooled, feeling embarrassed, they chased after the bird with unbelievable anger.

.....

While running, he thought to himself.

'Could he actually kill the wolves chasing him?' Although he dismissed the idea as the wolves he did kill were either inexperienced, injured or weak, the thought kept coming back to him.

If he kept running, he would eventually outrun the wolves but would also give up the chance for a huge growth.

'If I killed them separately, it may be possible...'

He looked back at the wolves. 

'but how do I split them..'

 

 

 

 

 

 

0