Chapter 6: Wolves and plans (1)
225 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A purple ball of flame dropped down on a small hill, floating quietly above the ground,

It slowly unveiled itself, revealing a young boy, he looked around at the empty hill and narrowed his eyes.

'It should be here, was the information wrong?'

The boy took small steps around the hill and searched the area repeatedly.

No beast or animals lived anywhere near the hill, but other then that that, there was nothing strange about it, except for the uneasy feeling it gave him, like he was being watched by a being much stronger then him.

He had felt this before, this was the feeling he had felt when the headmaster looked at him, just a simple glance and he broke down in cold sweat, collapsing on his knees.

In comparison to the headmaster, this being felt weaker, but this made no difference, it could still very easily kill him.

He closed his eyes and gathered the rich energy in air and used it to probe around the area, touching and feeling every strand of grass, jungle trees did not grow within five miles of the area so it was relatively easy.

He frowned and increased the density of the probes, his nerves were in tune with the probes,  feeling even the slightest shift and movement caused by the wind.

After 30 minutes passed by, he opened his eyes and moved towards the center of the hill, the area in the center had denser energy for some reason, examining it, he couldn't find out why.

While he furrowed his brow in deep concentration, an explosion crashed against the side of the hill scattering debris and dust, as the dust dissipated, an old man walked though.

He had his the sleeves of his golden robes pulled up, exposing his brawny arms, beads of sweat rolled down his forehead, making it obvious he had hurried here.

 

........

 

The old man had been making his way to the center of the rain forest when the foreign energy disappeared, making him frown.

'did he run into trouble?'

But this confused him, if  he did run into trouble, he should've been at least able to hold off whatever attacked them, but the old man felt no type of foreign energy being used in the forest.

'did he flee or did.....' the old mans frown darkened

He didn't finish his thought, the idea of it wasn't even funny, a man who could continuously radiate such dreadful energy easily killed without even being able to react, it would shock anyone who heard it.

Although the idea was terrifying, it made him curious, what such a beast look like.

Although, the actual idea was quite far fetched, the man had probably exhausted his energy storage as foreign energy had to be stored to be used to another planet as each planet produced unique energies. 

'But if it had actually happened...'

At the thought, the old man increased his speed.

 

.......

   

Trying to think of an idea to separate the wolves was not an easy task, green spotted wolves were many times more intelligent then normal wolves so they would not fall for small tricks.

He likely only had one chance, if his plan failed the wolves would realize scheme and stay even more vigilant. 

But he wasn’t any genius, he couldn’t think of anything to exploit but....

Now that he thought about it, the wolves seemed extremely close, when one member of their pack was killed, they would risk their life seeking vengeance, wasn’t that why they were chasing him right now?

As he began to think more and more, burning what was left of his few brain cells, a rough idea steadily took form inside his head.

....

The wolves gradually began to tire, although they did not want to let the vile being that killed their pack members go, the direction they were heading began to near the mist, although they would be glad to lay down their life to avenge their lost comrades, they did not want to see more members meaninglessly die.

The wolves were about ready to pull back when the bird suddenly jumped into a burrow under a large tree, seeing this, the wolves were renewed with energy, they had thought it was strange that such a small bird had so much stamina but it had turned out even it had its limits after fighting and running nonstop.

The wolves quickly surrounded the tree, they did not do anything stupid like stick their heads into the burrow, although the bird was tired and exhausted, it was still a fierce opponent.

The wolves rammed themselves against the tree, attempting to knock it over, but it didn’t have much effect on the sturdy wood.

In anger a wolf pawed at the ground near the burrow, although making sure to keep a distance, it wasn’t far enough as the bird shot out and caught it off guard, mangling its left paw with its sharp claws.

The wolf growled and swung its paw at the bird, the birds action seemed slow from exhaustion as it attempted to dodge but was smacked across the air. It smoothly rolled and regained balanced, running away with a noticeable limp.

The wolves immediately chased after, leaving three to take care  of the injured wolf.....

 
 

       

1