Chapter 1: Character Creation
310 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You won't play?” Delilah knocked on the door. “You shouldn't force yourself to cry, you know? It's rather unhealthy.”

 

“Stop acting so mother-like, you're only 26” Katherine replied ironically. “Did you want my alpha key or something? I’ll give it to you if you'd like.”

 

“No, that's fine. I already received one from your mother- not to mention that I already made my character.” Her voice began to speed up like she was excited. “It was really, really cool. I got to choose an archetype, a race, and even a starting country.” she trailed for a second. “Though I quit before doing the calibration.”

 

“If You’re praising it so highly I just haaaave to try.” Kate opened up her door. “I'm serious though. don't go forcing yourself to cry over a no-good parent.” 

 

“When you put it like that…” she scratched at her head, “Agh. I’ve got no clue, Should I play? It's not like there will be anything past the tutorial… it is the alpha version.”

 

“Well, I’ll leave you to it then.” Delilah left quietly back to her quarters.

 

“I guess there's no other choice…” I mumbled, “Shall we get started?” My mother's note lacked any instructions, so I was rather happy to see some when I booted up the game for the first time. Most of it was stuff that I already knew from the various other games I’d played, luckily full-dive VR games had become commonplace after the technological boom of the mid-2015’s, so most people had at least played a few titles.  Reading through the rest of the instructions, I put in my headphones, entered my alpha code, and fell asleep.

 

“-ey.”

 

“llo?”

 

“Wake Up!”

 

“Eh?” I mumbled out incoherently. “How long were you going to lay there? You have much more important things to be doing with your time.” I was sitting in an extremely dark room with a small child leaning over me.

 

“Where am I? And who are you?” I asked after collecting my bearings. “Jeez. You are reaallllllllly slow. You've wasted quite a few minutes in here already.” The child spoke, It wore a familiar waistcoat and had a golden pocket watch in its hand.“My name is unimportant, though you can feel free to call me Ronos. I'm one of the Control A.I, It's my job to oversee the creation of new characters and various other things.” Ronos replied promptly. “If you haven't already noticed, your body doesn't exist right now. It's about time I fix that.” 

 

[DNA sample Analyzed. Detected: “Gods 3rd Born.” A VIP code has been applied. Account has been Verified. Characters Tribe has been predetermined. Body is being constructed. Growth Rate has been randomized. Starting supplies have been determined. Personal Attribute has been determined. Body has been completed.]

 

“Well, you're the spitting image.” The child spoke in an impressed tone while my body was wrapping itself around me. A mirror suddenly appeared before me causing me to jump back in surprise, “If you dislike your appearance, feel free to change it.” 

 

I examined my body and found that there were seams in place of my major joints, I raised my eyebrow at the child though all he did was smile back. My flesh was deathly cold; like a ghost. It felt as though I had crawled right out of my own grave, I had short black hair that was cut to my shoulders- the same style as real life. Overall, I was kinda hot. “I won't change it,” I assured the child.

 

“Now that your character is created, let's take a look at the basics. Experience is gained by completing all sorts of things, Skills are gained by fulfilling various conditions, stats grow by repeatedly using said statistics, skills evolve in various ways as the proficiency rises and so on.” The child rushed through the explanation and moved onto the next topic. “Your personal attribute is very important. It's the thing that makes up about 40% of your character by itself.” 

 

“Personal Attribute?”

 

“Huh? did I not already say? Your personal Attribute is something that only you have and only you're able to do. They are split up into the Major and then the Minor. The Major type can exist by itself, but the Minor must exist with a major attached. For example: “Type Arms” is a Major, and Type Production is a Minor. You see it's possible to have “Type Arms with Production” but “Type Production” itself is impossible.” he explained.

 

“I See… Is that all?” Or can I begin playing now?” I replied. “Oh Yes, You should be on your way as soon as you choose a name for your character. The servers are rather new, so you'll have to excuse any lag.”

 

“Ahh… I should’ve thought of this sooner. How about Lauer?” I questioned. “It’s Available.” He replied.

 

[Randomly Selecting Spawn Point. Commencing teleportation to: “The 50/50 Kingdom Nydvilien

 

“Have Fun.” said the child right before a beam of light struck my heart. “What the?” Before I could finish my thought I disappeared completely.

 

--------------------------------

Unknown Date, Unknown Location.

 

“That didn't take as long as I expected.” one man spoke to another. “What? for a ***** type to appear?” the second man replied to the first. “Is there anything we should do about it, or are we going to let it roam free?” a woman chimed into the pair's conversation. “Now that's a good question… I wonder…”

 

“Don't get so trigger happy, the alpha’s only just released. It's not stylish to ruin a game as nice as this so early on in its lifespan.” A fourth person interrupted the others' playful banter. “Rather, we’ll wait for this game to inevitably explode in popularity before making ourselves known to the player base.” the group nodded in understanding before a ringing noise began to sound. 

 

“Looks like that troublesome god sent down some security.” the one who had explained the plan announced the obvious. “Unfortunately for her, we're plenty strong.”

 

---

 

Current Quests: N/A

Current Stats: N/A

 

Next Chapter: “The 50/50 Kingdom Nydvilien

10