Chapter 2.4: Release Date: (**** Perspective)
163 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Authors Note: Here is the final chapter of our little tangent!

 

  A boy no older than six sat still, clasping his hands together with an absent stare present on his face. He overheard the voices of yet another family “returning” him. He was an orphan, a young boy with questionable features. He had trouble interacting with others and liked to keep to himself. He repeated a phrase over and over. “Sam..” His thoughts were interrupted. “This can't keep happening. We don't have the resources.” 

 

The now named Sam looked at the woman, she was a sister. “What are you implying? Do you plan to throw me away? I'll have you know that I'm not some toy that you can just dispose of when you're done with it.” he replied in an instant. “Come now, we both know that That isn't what I meant. After all, you're so interesting.” He would never forget the look on her face.

 

    “Shit!” The boy- now a man awoke in a cold sweat. “That dream again…” He went to the bathroom to freshen up before dropping with a thud into a comfy chair placed in front of a monitor. His hands typed quickly and precisely at the keyboard in front of him, conveying his message to the entire group of people on the other side. “Oi, how was it? Was it as good as I predicted?” 

 

<Message Delivered>

 

(...)

 

It's Amazing! I was still playing it a little while ago- You can play it while you sleep so that you don't miss any of your day. It's really convenient. You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to try it.”

 

Hundreds of similar messages continued to pop up in response. “When you put it like that…” Sam sighed, “Alright how much is it?

 

Cheap. For the quality anyway.” a message came back, “Aren't you literally rich? anyway?

 

Sam gave in and purchased the game.

 

“Aether Online huh?” Sam sighed, “And so the legend of the infamous “Samyaza” continues.”

6