Chapter 6: A Very Plain Boy
107 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Authors Note: Hello, hope you enjoyed your Christmas. Here is an extra-long chapter to celebrate the ending of 2020

 

“Damn.” Currently, I was sitting flat on my ass and recovering from my latest attempt at incorporating engines into my pre-established fighting style. Considering the lack of kicks in my repertoire these greaves could very well help expand my horizons. The only difficult thing to grasp was the actual movement that came along with the ability to move-midair. For example; The skill “Extreme Speed” activates the engines built into the grieves and propels your legs forward, it would be very good for in-air kicks. The second skill “Smog” is only usable after the duration of “Extreme Speed” expires, the skill shoots poisonous fumes out from the exhaust pipes that will damage everyone in a closed space. The final skill is still a complete unknown- I tried many things to get the skill to activate, none of which seemed to do anything.

 

Besides that, my current plan was empty. “The only thing left to do is to have this far gone map recovered!” I may have spoken with certainty, but I was unaware of anyone who could do such a feat. I could only think of someone who'd send me in the right direction; Carmichael.  I spat the name out like it left a bad lingering taste on my tongue. 

“Where was the closest entrance again?” I mused for a few seconds before losing my train of thought. “It was at that bar right...?” the questions continued until I was able to somewhat recall the area in which I had entered. The place in question was about two hours away by Carriage and even longer on foot.

 

 “Shit... How am I gonna rent a carriage without any money?!?” Because of my lack of forethought I was unable to pay the rental fee. The kind lady at the counter offered to put me on standby in case anybody was willing to accept a rider. Unfortunately for me the NPC’s of this game really despise the idea of riding with me- even though I'm so amazing.

 

Hours passed and still, nobody would accept a random rider, and I know what you might be thinking, “Why didn't you just walk if you had hours to wait?” and the answer is very simple; I didn't want to. 

 

“Do you need a ride?” Finally, after quite a few hours someone came and allowed me to ride with them. The carriage was a standard wooden set with about enough space for three people to fit comfortably. The woman reached her hand out of the carriage and helped me up, “Thanks, I appreciate this.” she smiled an incredibly effervescent smile. “I'm Lauer, and you are?” a few seconds passed. The woman seemed to be contemplating “...Valerie” 

 

“I see…” I sighed, ‘this woman was hiding something- though it's not my place to meddle.’ She had long red hair that perfectly framed her face, pale white skin with slight traces of makeup, a small rose pinned up in her hair, and a gentle sun hat sitting on her head.

 

As the wheels turned and the carriage began to move, I observed the scenery as it passed. I watched as the sunset behind the clouds and the sky filled with a waning moon, It was very peaceful.

 

--

 

“Wake Up-” I forced my eyelids open just in time to see Valerie rip the throat out of someone's neck. “What's going on?” I got out of the carriage and quickly entered a fighting stance. “PKer’s.” It was pitch black out and I could barely see my own hands in front of me. “How are you able to see so well in this dark?” I asked. “Ah- Sorry, Here drink this.” She handed me a vial filled with a thick red liquid. “Okay...” ‘What's the worst that could happen?’ 

 

[ Effect of “Blood Donor” is in full swing! ]

 

[ The Skill “Vampiric Retinas” has been temporarily acquired. ]

 

After drinking the liquid which was very clearly blood, The world seemed to open up before me. The darkness cleared and my surroundings became clear. There were roughly 40 or so people all dressed in nothing but beginner equipment, I knew this because I was still wearing mostly the same thing. Considering that my speed was astronomically high for my level, I was able to easily outmaneuver the goons who kept coming at me. Valerie was removing the enemies just as quickly as I, “Your pretty good!” I shouted, “You As well.” 

We continued to fight for a few minutes, each person throwing their lives away just to try and kill us. The horde of low-level goons ceaselessly attacked, That is until they stopped dead in their tracks. “Oooooh, How Unfortunate... All the little ants tried their best and still failed.” The voice echoed through the area, ‘Echoed?’  

 

Suddenly a floating throne appeared, it was spinning at a snail's pace. When it finally turned all the way around we were greeted by an average looking boy. There wasn't anything special about his appearance, in fact, he looked exactly like a background character.

 

“Has anyone ever told you that you're very bland?” Valerie beat me to the punch. “Why You-” Before he could finish his sentence I pulled back my fist and sent a punch flying. “Wha-” My fist had stopped inches from his face.“Did you attack the creator? And expected it to land?” I didn't have time to act amazed as Valerie lunged towards me. “Whoa! What are you doing?” Her eyes were glazed over and her movements were doll-like. “Anyone who steps foot in my World becomes my pawn, That's just the effect of my Personal Attribute.”

 

[ Resisted Mind Control! ]

 

“Already? It's literally still within the first 24 hours of official release and you’ve already unlocked your personal attribute? What the hell have you been doing all day? Do you not have anything better to do than grind?” I asked.

 

“Stop mocking me bitch.” The boy replied.

 

“What did you just call me? You insignificant prepubescent bastard.” 

 

“You said it yourself, You're both on equal terms. How will you deal with this situation I wonder.” The plain boy said in an overly arrogant tone whilst completely dodging my question. “Oh Shut up. I could kill ya’ with my eyes closed if it weren’t for that stupid barrier.” His face twisted. suddenly an evil smirk filled my face, “You're a “Type: Territory” Right?”  I laughed. “I'm guessing you still stage one?” I asked. The boy's face answered my question for me. “The thing about Territories is that they need an ‘anchor’ to have any effect. That means~ If I go and get far enough from that throne of yours then your territory I'll be completely meaningless.”

I dodged a swipe from Valerie and grabbed her torso, With the speed and grace of a gazelle I dashed outside the range of the boys' territory. The step-out was very bizarre as the night sky completely disappeared without warning. “What Happened?” the light had returned to her eyes and with it, a blatantly uncomfortable look appeared as well. “Someone with a Type: Territory personal attribute was controlling you.” I nonchalantly replied. “I see...” 

 

“Welp, I think it's about time I wrap this up. I've got places to be ya’ know?” Valerie nodded silently at my remark. “Oi, You prepubescent bastard. Do you plan on staying in there like a coward, Or will you come out here and accept your fate. And don't even think about bringing that throne over here”

 

He slowly stepped outside of his territory, “Just know- if you kill me here then Grigori will hunt you to the ends of this world.” he spoke with confidence. “I'd like to see em’ try.” I activated “Artificial Muscle Compression” and spread the steel fiber through the entirety of my upper body. I pulled each arm back and threw one punch over another at an extreme speed to give the illusion of an unending flurry of punches.

 

“Slime Raid (The Useless World)”

The speed of my punches exceeded that of which my eyes could follow, The boy's body was sent flying as his last words echoed outwards, “One day! One day I: The Great Sariel! Will kill you!!”

 

His body disappeared in a flash of light as a small package popped onto the ground. [ Player “Sariel’s’' Inventory] It contained lots of raw materials from monster drops and some money. “I’ll take it I guess.” 

 

When I looked up from my inventory I looked towards Valerie. “Are you alright?” I asked, “I'm just fine.”  A few seconds passed, “Were close enough to my destination- I can walk from here. Thanks for the ride!” I turned to start walking but-- “I’ll see you around!”

 

“Hmph-

 

And so I began the arduous hike towards my destination.

6