14- Peng Yun
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wu Huan woke up to the singsongs of birds. He looked down at his thin clothes then at the figure next to him who was tightly wrapped in his quilt cocoon.

[Totally unfair.]

He didn't want to get up just yet so he turned to stare at the back at his head for an absentminded moment. Sooner, Shi Lihua also woke up, and upon the realization that he was being watched in his sleep, he wasted no time to kick the other person off the bed.

After they got ready, they didn't wait for breakfast lest the trip was delayed again. The two found Fan Fang sweeping by front doors. "No worries. I will inform my master when he's out of meditation. Please have a safe trip."

Cupping their hands, they left the temple on their swords. The snow was still blowing hard now and then but the storm had already ceded and the first real sight of Mo City came to their vision.

Usually, as a mega trading port, Mo city has had its own gate since it enlarged its establishment. Traders, visitors, or anyone alike had to always state their identities and intentions. Merchants, traders, or the city dwellers would not be able to enter inside without any pass.

"State your identity and business." It was a man who had the built of a gorilla that dressed in a heavy black cloak. In his hand were numerous wooden tablets sparkling lightly. Wu Huan guessed that they were infused with spiritual energy.

"Shi Lihua, visitor," his senior brother spoke without much hesitation. In turn, he was stared down suspiciously and wasn't received a pass.

"No pass. Lord Qi is expecting." There was disgruntle in his voice and he spat a bit talking. They couldn't determine if it was really intentional.

"Wu Huan, visitor." Again. No pass. When they got further away enough, he pointed out, "Sect leader Shi must have notified him."

Walking in, the city, look-wise, wasn't that much different from Taohua City. Wu Huan would say it was only a bit gloomier. Most of the inns and restaurants were filled with middle-aged rich businessmen gossiping and giggling over their bellies.

After booking rooms, they decided to stop by a restaurant for breakfast. The restaurant was hosting a dance show on the ground floor, many guests were men clacking melon seeds and beaming at the beauties. Halfway to their meals, another group of dancers switched on the stage.

The soft, melodramatic melody filled the atmosphere, red clothes fluttered around the medium platform in the midst of the cold air. They were all extremely delicate beauties and their faces held no expression. Dancing was second nature.

Man. Eyes. Dance. Music.

Just then Shi Lihua suddenly rose up, "Stay here."

Wu Huan, "..."

People were too engrossed into the song and dance, they didn't notice a handsome gentleman approaching the back seats. He quietly glanced over at the woman nearest. "Lady Qi Xue, it's a pleasant surprise seeing you here."

The woman slowly spun around as if she was taking her time registering the familiar aloof voice. She was a fine beauty, not at all losing to the dancers in front although she was shorter than average. Big round eyes flicked up and down to the gentleman and a scowl naturally appeared. "Shi Lihua?"

Even though she didn't ask, he responded anyway, "I have to deal with some Sect matters here. I didn't expect to see you enjoying a dance at a random restaurant instead of bossing around your servants." His phoenix eyes were taunting and cold. He didn't even bother to hide his unpleasant feelings for the other.

Qi Xue returned to watch the stage, "Same over here. I thought you only cared about one person. I guess you need some distractions."

"What?"

Just then the show was over, the girls rushed off stage following by thundering claps and whistling of satisfaction. Then Shi Lihua was unexpectedly being told to follow her. Despite his irritation, his curiosity won. They walked along the hallway behind the stage where the girls probably took their rest. And behold, when Qi Xue opened a door to a room, powdered faces stared at strangely him.

"Sister Qi Xue..." one girl closest to the door called out. He recognized her as the center girl. "Is this a customer?"

"Of course. He's the young master of TaoHua Sect. Why don't you girls treat him nicely?"

Frowning angrily at the smug face of the woman, Shi Lihua almost tripped running out of the door. But, a slim hand hastened out to grab his arm just in time and he was pulled inside to a tender smiling face. "This is Peng Yun, young master. Peng Yun will be very happy to serve you a good time." The girl only looked to be about seventeen years old at most.

Shi Lihua didn't have the heart to push her but he had the heart glared at the other woman. "Has Mo Manor gone corrupted? What does this mean, Qi Xue? You open a prosecution business?"

"So what?" Qi Xue taunted hotly. "I'm only a businesswoman. These girls are willing too. What have I done wrong? The rest of you follows me out!"

They were going to leave him!

Frozen in his spot, Shi Lihua had his mind swirling like a pool of confused water. Not in his whole lifetime, he would imagine being put in this situation. He couldn't imagine anyone brave enough to commit to such disgusting tricks. In the end, it really was the cunning Qi Xue. "I'm not going to do whatever you think it is. But if you can be honest with me, I can help you."

Peng Yun smiled softly, "You can help me in bed."

He looked repulsed by the lewd words. But, he was gentle when trying to break away. He ended up on the chair rigidly and couldn't drink tea to appease his dry throat lest it gave off to the impression of him staying.

Shi Lihua, "How old are you?"

"Sixteen?" She answered, surprise.  Peng Yun swayed her hips and sat down close to him.

"Don't you want to live a normal life?"

"What normal life? This is a normal life."

"Do you...like doing this? Why don't you do something else?"

Peng Yun, "Be a servant? A seller? A farmer? Isn't this easier, young master? Pleasing people and earning money. It's the same, isn't it?"

"How is that the same? I know those lustful middle-aged guys don't let you go easy. Lady Peng Yun, why not come to Taohua. At least I can guarantee a free life for you and the others."

"Young master, please do not speak as if I am a charity case. If you do not desire my service, please walk out the door. " Peng Yun was smiling but her eyes seemed to churn with suppressed emotions. She then distracted herself pouring tea, now embarrassed of her bitter outburst.

"...I'm sorry to have offended you, miss."

"Then young master Shi..." She turned to him, "If you want to free this service girl so much, please persuade Qi Xue yourself."

...

"Alright, I won't let the blame falls on you."

1