15- Mo Manor
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Senior brother." Wu Huan was waiting by the hallway. His voice sounded fade even though it echoed off the long wall.

Shi Lihua looked flustered upon seeing him and nor did he reply. He was going to look for Qi Xue but Peng Yun had mentioned that the girls must have all returned to Mo Manor. After a while, Peng Yun, herself, would also go back as well. "Let's go to Mo manor." At least, it was their original destination.

Wu Huan followed without a word, his eyes cast down.

Whether there was an obvious misunderstanding between the two or not, nobody had the initiative to mention about it.

The Qi family was certainly incredibly wealthy as the founding family. Days in and days out, tributes were sent for big and small favors. Even a servant was regarded as lucky if he or she was to serve there. Aside from the booming trade business and loots, the Qi family was also famous for its three daughters, Qi Jinjing, Qi Huiling, and Qi Xue.

Both of them arrived at a quiet alley, and in front, was the huge manor of the Qi family. It might be that either the household didn't enjoy the hustle-bustle of the center of the city or they had suspicious businesses.

Two guards stood at the gate. "Please state your business." They gazed at them impassively.

"I'm Shi Lihua and this is my companion. I request to meet with Lord Qi Tao."

One of them disappeared inside before he brought back a male servant. "Young master Shi Lihua?What a surprise visit!" It was Qi Tao's personal servant, Feng Yu. Even though he was already in his mid-forty, he had the energy parallel to a young adult. He had dotted a lot on Shi Lihua during the annual meetings of the continent.

"Sir Feng Yu. How have you been?"

"Good! Good! As always. Young master, you may have forgotten something, I suppose? Who is this young man next to you? A friend? A lov-?"

"Uncle," He immediately cut him off. "Where is the lord? I would like to greet him."

Feng Yu laughed, side glancing at Wu Huan as he led them around the courtyard. "Lord Qi Tao is in the kitchen choosing dishes to welcome young master."

"...You knew we were coming?" Wu Huan spoke for the first time.

"Lady Qi Xue informed the Lord beforehand. She said she met you at the city's restaurant."

Wu Huan paused in his track and Shi Lihua didn't risk sparing a glance at him. This junior disciple must have misunderstood at some point, but it wasn't something he thought was necessary to clear out.

The kitchen was definitely busy with several heads poking left and right, stirring and chopping. It looked more like a banquet than an extra special lunch to welcome guests. Shi Lihua saw Lord Qi Tao supervising by the kitchen door.

"Godness, he really is a controlling person." Feng Yu announced their presence, "Master, the guest is here."

"Hua'er. It's been a while." The lord was a taller person than average who had a gentle smile. Unfortunately, his gene didn't touch Qi Xue. "Ah Xue wasn't rude to you, was she?"

Cupping his hands together along with Wu Huan, he spoke, "Lord Qi Tao. My father must have already informed you about our trip. We also accidentally met Lady Qi Xue and thought of coming to visit right away."

Qi Tao nodded. Then he glanced at Wu Huan. "Lord Qi Tao. I'm Wu Huan, a junior disciple of Lai Yun Peak."

"You are Duan Jing's nephew, aren't you? I think he has brought you once to the conference. You were still smaller back then," Qi Tao smiled.

[That was right. I was at the conference before. How come I didn't see Shi Lihua?]

"Shi Lihua?" A female voice caught their attention. When she stepped into the kitchen, her pale face froze. "So, it's really you."

"Sister Jinjing."

Her thin lips broke into a small smile as she came over and patted his shoulder. "What's gotten into you all of a sudden? The infamous young master never visits anyone's home. I didn't believe Ah Xue that you're here."

"Sect leader Shi has informed our household yesterday as well, Ah Jing."

"For that matter, it's wiser to discuss over the table. Sister Jinjing, this is my junior brother, Wu Huan."

"Junior brother?" She sounded surprised but then she chuckled into her silky sleeves. "So, Hua'er has changed a lot."

"Please don't misunderstand. It was my master's decision."

The junior brother narrowed his eyes, but he was too far uncomfortable being surrounded by strangers that he chose not to retort. If he was to admit, he felt a little bit disappointed. Oh well, this was Shi Lihua we were talking about.

Qi Tao whisked his sleeves and turned to walk out of the kitchen. "Where is Ah Ling? Don't tell me she's not coming to greet our guests."

Feng Yu scratched his face, smiling forcefully. "I will go to fetch young mistress Huiling right away."

"Bring Qi Xue as well. What is she doing couping up in her room after announcing Hua'er's visit? Sigh. "

The other three settled down in the living room after Feng Yu left. Wu Huan couldn't let the opportunity slip so he excused himself to the restroom out of the awkward situation. It was actually a bad idea. He found himself starting to get lost on the way. He impulsively walked into a silent hallway, a single vase was put on display at the end of the hall.

As soon as he saw the opened door, he knew he had to leave. It was probably someone's room and he was probably going to look suspicious if anyone saw him.

"What are you doing?" a female voice echoed off the wall. He swore his heart did a flip. However, no one came out of their rooms and walked into the hall. Wu Huan quickly tried to leave.

"Leaving?" It was a male's voice this time.

[Eek. Is someone watching me from somewhere?]

"Just stay in my room. They won't find out."

"Find out or not, I need to leave. Stop being so clingy."

The female began to yell, "Clingy? I'm the second daughter of the Qi Family! No one calls me clingy even by the likes of you!"

There was a deliberate silence before someone mocked a laugh, "The likes of me? Qi Huiling, you dare to speak like this to me? Let me get this straight through your injured brain. Your family is in my palm. In other words, you're dead if I want you too."

"You!"

"Me? What? I bet your dear sisters wouldn't even bat a lash at your dead body. Not to mention, your father. So, shut the fuck up. I'm leaving. You're suffocating."

And suddenly, the door was open. Wu Huan forgot what he was supposed to do for a moment. His hands were colder than the breeze outside.

It was a girl in her twenties. She looked partially like Qi Jinjing but with more haughtiness. She popped out a sword suddenly from her sleeves upon seeing him. Her lips scowled even deeper. "An intruder? Who are you?"

Wu Huan barely got to defend himself before his arm was pulled back. "Sorry, young mistress. This is our guest. He got lost finding the restroom."

[Feng Yu? That's right. He was supposed to fetch Qi Huiling. How right on time.]

"Put down your sword, Sister Ling. It's improper to point a sword at a guest." It was the woman Wu Huan saw with Shi Lihua.

[So, he went to fetch her first. Such luck I have.]

The silver sword immediately slipped back into her sleeves, but she seemed to have not let down her hostility yet. She strode away down the hall without much more of an acknowledgment.

1