CH 49: A NEW FUTURE
2k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s morning. My inner clock is telling me so. But, I won’t get up. I refuse to get up. I rolled over in my bed, tightly kept my eyes shut, and embraced the hugging pillow my sister bought for me. Incidentally, said pillow had her face engraved in it. Something about sleeping with me even if she isn't present but let's not mind it. 

There was a time when Schopenhauer overlooked nationality and positions and looked into the point of sameness between humans. The answer was simple. Laziness, this principle turned out to be both a part of human nature and our essence. All humans are the same in the fact that they’re lazy. Therefore, my current action of pulling a blanket over my head at dawn is justified by Schopenhauer

I was preparing myself for another slumber when an irregularity occurred.

My belly was feeling wet and slimy. As a result of this, my eyes opened. Some insects might have been crawling over me in my sleep. Still drowsy, I pushed up my upper body and looked beneath my pajamas.

“…Huh?”

I saw an absurdly beautiful woman licking my stomach. 

{So, why didn't you tell them?} 

As if being caught was the least of her worries, she asked me with a perfectly straight face. I didn't need to look around me to know that we were in my mindscape. 

"Tell them what?" 

{That you could make it go all away. That you could simply erase her memory of the few weeks she spent in captivity... You even hid it from that pink-haired brat.}

It was the truth. We spoke about the well-being of Yuno mind wise

But in the first place, I could simply use some spells like <<Memory manipulation>> or <<Mind wipe>> to erase all her pain. 

Man, the Necronomicon was truly scary. 

Thinking of Yuno and ignoring the utterly Sexy appearance of this succubus, I thought back to my discussion with Yuno 3.

----Flash-back 

"Thanks."

The moment I heard those words, the world around suddenly stopped and the color changed to a monochrome. 

I already knew what was happening and this time I wasn't surprised. 

Turning back, I found Yuno standing in front of me. But one thing surprised me. 

"You… Are fading."

Indeed she was. The current Yuno seemed faint, as if she was a transparent picture that was about to be erased. I could even see that her right arm was fading. 

Giving me a nod that showed just little she cared about her current states, she approached me and continued, 

"Indeed I am. The synchronization is basically done. Once it is all the time-lines will be rebooted with the premise that you wake up as the base. I must say, this is truly incredible."

I couldn't help but be impressed by her devil may care attitude on the situation. 

"Don't you regret it? Wouldn't you simply kill the current Yuno and meet Yuki? Or perhaps you could kill me now and the synchronization wouldn't happen?" 

I wasn't being suicidal. I already went past that phase long ago. I was just incredibly curious. But, 

"The first me didn't hesitate to kill the second me to play the game again with Yuki. All that was on her mind was Yuki. The same goes for me. Yuki is everything to me. He is my life. He is my love. He is my soul. But, the Yuki of this timeline isn't MY Yuki."

Man, I really hated time travel fuckery in any novel. So much BS to keep track of. 

"My Yuki was already a god when I first met him. It was after the first me died in his hand. My Yuki was already a mature god of time having lived an unknown length of time in an unknown dimension with only Muru Muru as a companion. My Yuki is someone with whom I spent thousands, ten thousand years as we nurtured and grew our love. My Yuki–"

*Drip* *Drip*

Tears could be seen falling slowly as they dripped on the ground. 

" –is dead. And there's absolutely nothing I can do to make him come back. Even killing you is useless. From the moment you woke up, all the millions or billions of time-line in which you didn't wake up were destined to be erased. This is absolute. Since there's no way to get my Yuki back, then I have no more reason to live."

"I see."

I didn't comment nor did I have the right of comment. Who was I to comment on such a pure, dazzling but twisted love? 

The simple fact that she was so utterly rational was already a miracle in itself or should I say that this is the result of the thousands of years she lived. It wasn't something I could understand at my current level. 

*Crack*

The monochrome world literally cracked around us and the lower part of Yuno's body vanished entirely. 

"It seems like my time is coming close to an end."

She still seemed unbothered by the current situation. I had to admit that this was truly an incredible scene to admire. 

"Why don't you transfer all your memories to the current Yuno like your other self did with you?" 

"This is simply impossible. The first me simply transferred 14 years of life, with the first 13 years being entirely similar to the one the third me had. The burden was basically irrelevant. But if I were to do the same, she would die before even processing a thousandth of my life. More importantly."

*Crack*

Another crack formed and another part of her body vanished. 

"I see."

A smile bloomed on her face. 

"Finally, finally I am going to die. I tried again and again and again, but I was simply too powerful. I couldn't even kill myself and no one could either. But right now, I will finally be able to rest."

*Crack*

"Akira Karino, thank you for answering my plea. Thank you for saving my other self. Thank you for giving her a new future and more than anything… Thank you for allowing me to die."

*Crack*

"Akira Karino. I do not know what fate has in store for you. I do not know if you will happily live or if you will die in the most painful way possible. But, if you may permit me."

*Crack* *Crack* 

"I wish you all the best in the world. May you live a blessed life full of interesting events." 

*Crack* *Crack* *Crack*

"Akira Karino… Farewell."

*Cra–*BANG*

And with that, alongside its creator, that monochrome world was no more. 

----Flash-back end. 

"You ask me why I didn't tell her? Simple, Yuno truly never cared about her other self. She may be less crazy, but Yuno is still Yuno. This story wasn't about me saving her old self. By doing so, what I did was accelerate the synchronization. Yuno was never saved like that. This crucial difference was the last straw that accelerated her demise."

Yuno simply wished to die. 

Nothing more, nothing less. Me saving Yuno 4 was just a way to accelerate this death. 

Truly, she was a psychopathic woman from the start to the end. 

58