CH 7: PARTY(1)
5.8k 13 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Akira Karino

Alias:

Race: Human

Age: 13

Specialties:

Abilities: Eyes of truth, Hinokagutsuchi, Perfect body 

Strength: G

Speed: H

Agility: H

Dexterity: H

Endurance:G

Mana: C

 

------

Three weeks of training and this was my result. Once again, I didn't know whether it was good or bad. But at least it wasn't that bad. I guess. 

"Onii-Sama, you are so handsome."

Shuka complimented me as I stood in the dressing room while wearing a suit. 

Today was the day I would meet my fiancees. Well candidates. But who cares? My goal was to get a harem. Didn't matter if they were slightly crazy. As long as they didn't reach Yuno Gasai level of craziness then the situation could still be salvaged. 

"Tell me Shuka, do you know one of my fiancees? I remember seeing a young girl on the first day."

I turned toward my adorable little sister. 

Name: Shuka Karina

Alias: 

Race: Human

Affiliation: Akira

Age: 11

Affection: 99

Specialties: None

Abilities: Threads manipulation 

Thought about you: Worried 

Minor Secret: She stole one of your shirts. 

Major Secret: She looks at you every night while you sleep. She has nightmares about her parents’ death. 

Most guarded secret: She sees you as her savior, a miracle that answered to her prayers. 

Shuka was wearing a long white dress created in a style similar to the red dress she would be known to always wear in the future. Even though she was still young, it was easy to see the potential she held. 

'Still, to think such a proper and gentle girl was developing those fetishes. I think I should control her before it becomes too much. Some stalker personality is fine but I wouldn't want her to go too far.'

Shuka, hearing my question, fell in thought before answering, 

"The one you saw must have been Busujima-San."

"Oh? From the way you called her it doesn't seem like we are very close."

Shuka shook her head."She is the student of aunt Yuko. Before that we had never met her so I don't know much about her."

"...I see."

As of now, neither Saeko nor Anna should have awakened their tendency. 

So my only problem was Yumeko who, when not gambling was a relatively normal girl. 

'Hum, this day could end well if I am very careful.'

I already had plans for each of those three. If Anna was like she is in the anime, making her fall in love with me will be extremely easy. 

For Yumeko, the only thing that could help me get her heart would be gambling. As for Saeko? Frankly I doubted a simple zombie crisis could do anything to this world. So I would need some special way. 

'Well, planning is useless.'

"Okay, I am ready now, let's go."

Taking her arm, I left the dressing room and entered the corridor in direction of the ball room. 

As I walked, I once again marveled at the feeling of being filthy rich. 

The house where the ball was held was one of the hold mansion belongings to my current family, more precisely to me and Shuka. The exterior was like a castle, and the interior wasn't any different. I felt like I was in a film about medieval times. 

Though the fact that such a castle was constructed in Japan sounded really weird, but who cares? 

The moment I entered the ball room, 

"Akira Karino, and Shuka Karino."

I was announced like a king entering his court. 

'Well, being rich really feels good.'

----- Pov change 

'I am bored.'

A young girl stood while holding a glass filled with red wine. It didn't matter that she was too young to drink alcohol. In such a setting, drinking juice would have been seen as a sign of weakness. 

'Why am I here when it would have been better to train?' 

She hated such parties. She hated politics. She hated having to stand in high heels and smile when in reality all she wanted was to swing her sword. 

'What more, why do I have to be betrothed to a guy I don't even know?' 

She wasn't particularly resentful about this arrangement. She was a member of nobility. She was born with a golden spoon in her mouth and received the best resources since young. Everything she had, everything she was, she got it thanks to her family. Still, 

'I would have liked to fall in love normally.'

She didn't hate her future fiance. Didn't even know him enough to hate him. From what she knew, before the sad event that destroyed their family, he was just a normal guy with no particular redeeming qualities, outside of being handsome. 

She didn't think she could have a happy marriage with someone like that. But it didn't matter. He wasn't the best, but she knew she could have met way worse. 

'Well, nothing is set in stone. I have two competitors.'

She could see Anna Nishikinomiya walking around with her mother who was a member of the senate. Rather high placed even, seems like she was trying to pass some law about decency and needed the influence of the Karino family. Yumeko Jabami on the other hand was on the second floor with the adults. She did not know what she was doing but this girl didn't seem right in the head. 

"We welcome the hosts of this party. Akira Karino and his sister Shuka Karino."

She turned toward the door and looked at the young boy walking with his sister. Instantly she could feel it. An amount of mana so high it was impossible to think it was coming from a child her age. 

Unknowingly, a large grin formed on her face as her fingers twitched toward her waist where her sword would have been if she wore it. 

-----

Meanwhile, 

"This is the end."

A young black haired girl revealed her cards with a bored expression. 

"I-impossible!!!!" 

One man stood up from his chair with a shocked expression. 

The ten, jack, queen, king and ace. 

"A royal flush."

Another man let go of the cards in his hand with a defeated expression. 

"I thought the probability of it happening was 0.00015%?" 

All around the room, the adults wore a stunned expression while looking at the little girl in front of them. 

If it has been the first time they lost they could have chalked it to an extremely good luck. But, while this was the first Royal flush, she didn't even need such a hand to defeat them repeatedly since coming here. 

The girl let out a sigh as she got up from her seat. She didn't even throw a look at all the money on the table as she left the room. 

After all, she never gambled because of money.. 

'When will I be able to feel it again.'

What she seeked wasn't money. What she wanted, what she wished for. Was to gamble in the most exciting game possible. 

"I wonder if my fiance will be willing to gamble? Gambling my freedom should be an interesting experience."

She murmured as her body shivered. Her previously bored expression was replaced by a flushed look as she licked her lips with an entranced expression. 

For the first few to read CH 6. I had given B to Akira. But I reduced it to C. This week I am happy so there will be three chapters. Next one will either be on Wednesday or Thursday.

138