CH 10: THREE CRAZY GIRLS
6.1k 12 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


[Name: Saeko Busujima

Alias: Genius weapon master

Race: Human

Affiliation: Busujima family

Age: 14

Affection: 30

Specialties: Reinforcement magic, wind magic, Swords

Abilities: Sword birth 

Thought about you: Battlelust, curiosity

Minor Secret: She is a battle maniac

Major Secret:?? 

Most guarded secret: She is a closed sadist with masochistic tendency] 

[Name: Yumeko Jabami

Alias: Gambling addict

Race: Human

Affiliation: Bami clans

Age: 13

Affection: 30

Specialties: Gambling, Illusion magic, Guns

Abilities: Laplace

Thought about you: Curious

Minor Secret: She is gambling freak

Major Secret: She is a gambling freak

Most guarded secret: She is a gambling freak] 

Welp. My problem suddenly became three times larger. 

Three beautiful girls were staring at me but all I felt was cold sweat on my back. Still, they were beautiful so I guess it wasn't a problem? Man, I really need to check my mental health later. 

Also, Laplace? The ability of Kashiwagi Rein from Darwin's games? Man, this ability was busted. Though I guess it really suits Yumeko. 

As for Saeko. If I remember well sword birth was Yuto sacred gear. The power to create demonic blade as one wish. Pretty badass. 

Right now, the four of us were seated in a private room. The room was not particularly fancy. A large circular room full of shelves containing books and four comfy chairs. But you could feel a certain elegance. 

After taking a quick look at the room, I focused once again on the sight in front of me. The three of them were wearing evenings gowns, but what differed was the color. Anna's was completely white, Saeko's black and Yumeko's red. I felt like I was facing three fairies. 

"Beautiful."

The reactions I received were varied. Anna blushed hard. Yumeko simply smiled while Saeko dipped her head in thanks. 

"I thank you for your compliments. Karino-dono. How is your health? Few weeks ago I visited with my teacher."

"Please call me Akira. Since Anna wished for me to call her by her first name, I think talking so stiffly with people who might become my wife in the future wouldn't be good for our relationship."

"I am sorry Kari… Akira-dono. This is the most I can do. Social conventions must be respected."

"Of course I wouldn't force you? What about you Jabami-San? Or Yumeko?" 

"Call me Yumeko. I also feel that it's rather tiring to have to keep all those manners. I will call you Kira if it does not bother you."

'A nickname?' 

He knew that Japanese were rather strict with the way they called each other. Using a nickname was one of the closest forms of naming between two people. 

'Well. It shouldn't surprise me. It's the girl who didn't hesitate to give more than a few tens of million to a guy she had just met for less than one day.'

"Of course it doesn't bother me. In fact despite how ominous it sounds. I quite like it."

"The-then, I will call you.. Darling. After all, it's clear who you will choose at the end."

Okay. Anna is already at another level. Seeing her blush and fidget, despite the rapid drop in temperature I couldn't help but give her a thumb up. 

"Oh-oh? Nishikinomiya-san, I am really curious. Are you willing to gamble on it?" 

Yumeko was beaming as she said this. Saeko on the other hand had her twitching as he grasped her side where I am sure a sword should have been if she didn't wear those clothes. 

"Anna. I do not mind you calling me darling. In fact I am really happy that such a cute girl is doing so. But please do not taunt them. It's making me sad and uncomfortable."

Rule number one in handling a yandere. Don't rebuff her openly, but do not let her walk all over you. If she becomes used to it then you are doomed. 

"C-cu-cute!?" 

Her face was so red as she stammered that I wouldn't be surprised if steam came out from the top of her head. 

Letting out a smile at her antic, I observed the other two from the corner of my eyes briefly before clapping my hands. 

"This also goes for you two. I know that we don't know enough about each other to be called friends. But I hope that we can be friendly towards each other."

"Is it because of the family?" 

An amused smile formed on Yumeko face, but I flatly accepted her words, 

"Indeed. Let's not kid ourselves. What we are and everything we have is thanks to family. It's our duty to repay the favor that was bestowed to us even if we must sacrifice our happiness for it. If I had to say, being born is like a gamble and now we must pay our debt."

It was pure BS but… 

+15 affection points with Saeko for upholding honors and duty. 

+20 affection points with Yumeko for your view about gamble and debt. 

Bingo! 

+### affection points with Anna for nearly making her have an embarrassing accident. 

… 

… 

… 

Let's ignore that one. 

-----

After that, my discussion with those three became way smoother. I couldn't say that everything was perfect but at least I managed to go from complete indifference to something close to friendship in less than a day. 

We did not discuss about anything of importance, but the atmosphere was never cold nor awkward so I guess it's a plus in my book. 

After staying for about thirty or so more minutes in the study, we finally left and joined the party again. After all, I was officially the host. It was normal to leave to know my fiancées(candidates) but I couldn't stay cooped there all night. 

What followed was a true hell as I and Shuka (who was previously speaking with some young ladies of her age) began to meet and shake hands with each of the most important invitees. 

What made it hell wasn't talking to people but rather the fact that each of them clearly took me for a pushover or a clown. 

One of them didn't even hesitate to make it clear that he would be willing to help me direct the different guilds and industry under the Karino as a representative of mine. 

Still, never once did my smile crumble. Nor did I frown. 

This was life. 

What? Perhaps after showing my talents they should have begun to fawn upon me and beg me to look in their direction with stars in their eyes? 

Or perhaps after being angered by their words I should propose some kind of wager and awe the crowd with how badass I was? 

Reality didn't work like that. It didn't matter how strong Mamako or the Karino family was. I, Akira Karino, was nothing more than a shrimp swimming in a pond full of sharks thirsting for my blood. One mistake meant death. One oversight meant being stripped of everything I had. 

So, I just had to bear with it and learn. One day, I will become a whale and they will become the shrimps. 

And that day. I swear that I will laugh at them so hard I might piss myself. 

So this chapter mark the end of the first volume. How was it? Did I hope you liked it.

The second volume will be a little more action packed and on towards the hand, one of the greatest yandere will make her appearance. Pretty sure everyone already guessed who.

https://www.patreon.com/HikaruGenji 

Take a look at my patreon. You can get up to 7 chapters of SHK and 7 chapters of Crazy girls ahead. Don't hesitate. Sign in.

Yesterday I already received two patreon. Thank you for the support.

133