CH 12: THAT’S IT? (2)
5.1k 19 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I looked at the bloodied man in front of me I couldn't help but become lost in my thoughts, 

In Darwin's game, the parents of Shuka were killed by Fuli because they were searching for information about the game without being players themselves. Fuli was directly sent by the game master of the world line. 

But this world was different. Shuka's parents weren't ordinary people this time. So then, how was Fuli able to infiltrate this house full of wards without alerting anyone, on the day where, by some coincidence, the strongest members of the staff were given vacation? 

There were three possible answers. 

His personal skills. 

His organizations power. 

….Or a traitor. 

Since young, I had always believed that one should focus on the worst possible outcome. After all as they say, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. 

'Seems like I was right.'

As I thought there was indeed a traitor. I understand now why Mamako had given vacation to all the staff and only came with Rem and Ram. It seemed like she had already thought about the possibility of a traitor in the ranks of the servants. 

I looked once again at the man. Frankly, I was really upset. Even though I didn't know them, the fact was that they were my parents. Mine, I thought that in this life I could have lived a good life with a normal family. But everything was lost and because of what? Some no name servant that couldn't even be fit to serve as a background character. 

"This is truly a waste of time."

Saying so I turned to face Wilhelm. 

"Once you are sure you obtained all the informations from him. Dispose of him."

Those words seemed to shock the guy, 

"Please!! Don't kill me!! I have a family. I have a wife. I beg you, I am sorry. I am so sorry. I didn't know they would kill them. I just thought they were thieves. Nothing more."

Clear trails of tears trailed from behind his blindfold but as I listened to him only one question surfaced in my mind. 

"So?" 

I couldn't understand. Did he really expect me to become sad about what he said? I already knew he had a family. A beautiful wife and a 3 years old child.

"If it can make you happy. Know that your wife and daughter will never lack anything. I will announce that you died in some unfortunate accident then your family will receive a veritable fortune. Hey… Isn't it great? Your death means that your family will never lack anything. It's great right? What are you waiting for? Shouldn't you thank me? After all this was my idea."

"..."

"What? Are you still going to beg for your life? I am telling you that your death will bring them happiness. Why aren't you smiling? Didn't you sell my parents for the money? Wasn't it to help your family? Cat got your tongue heh? *Sigh* You are really one piece of trash. I changed my opinion. I will kill you myself. Now."

"Wai-" 

"Akira-sa-" 

A blade piercing his throat was all the answer he received. 

Blood immediately erupted and stained a part of my face as well as my clothes. The heat of his blood on my face was such a weird feeling. 

Be it in this world or in the previous one, this was the first time I had killed anyone. 

I had always wondered, what would I feel if I ever did so? 

Would I hunch over and vomit like most people in anime?

Would I feel jubilant and excited? 

Would I laugh like a maniac the same way Kira did when he killed with the death note the first time? 

But as I felt the blood trickle from my face and the man's lifeforce slowly fading, struggling from the man as life left his body. 

All I could feel was…Nothing. Or perhaps I did feel something. More like a sense of disappointment. Something like, 

"That's it?" 

+20 affection points from Wilhelm for acting like a proper lord. 

-15 affection points from Wilhelm for making him doubt your mental health. 

127