CH 16: WARNING!
5k 20 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The one who stood in front of us was a tall, voluptuous woman with thickly braided, bow-adorned, scarlet hair. Aside from her iconic witch hat, she didn't wear the risqué clothes she wore in the anime or manga. Rather she was in a jean and a scarlet shirt. 

Unconsciously, I activated my power—

Name: Irene Belserion

Alias: Scarlet Despair, The Sage Dragon, 

Race: Human(Dragon) 

Affiliation: Slayer guild 

Age: 400

Affection: 0

Specialties: Sage dragon slayer magic, world reconstruction magic, staff

Abilities: Dragon form, Enchantement 

Thought about you: You are lucky you are with Mamako or I would kill you. 

Minor Secret: ###

Major Secret: ###

Most guarded secret: ###

—And was immediately rewarded with a blinding pain. 

"Irene! stop. Now."

The very moment Mamako shouted, the pain immediately vanished as fast as he came. 

"Ara ara~ ! I am sorry, but was your pup never warned about using observation type magic without permission?" 

I was indeed. So this is what happens when someone interferes with my power? Good to know. Seems like I should take this warning more seriously. I spoke as I gave a slight bow. 

"I am truly sorry."

I wasn't. 

"I shouldn't have used my power on you without permission."

I swear, I will see all your secrets once I become stronger. 

"Ara~!? What a polite young man. It's incredible how I don't even feel the slightest anger nor feelings of humiliation from you."

Anger? The weak had no right to be angry when in front of the strong. 

Humiliation? What was humiliating about bowing to someone who could crush you without moving a finger. 

I didn't fear death, but no way in hell would I seek it either. 

Seemingly losing interest in me, she turned toward Mamako who was strangely silent, 

"To think I would see you after all this time. How long has it been? I am sorry about your loss."

I could feel genuine concern in her voice, this truly surprised me. 

Irene Belserion. She was a true monster in the sense of the word. The first dragon slayer. The queen of all dragons. Calling her powerful was an understatement. 

Her magic was so powerful that she could easily affect continents without even breaking a sweat. Her power even allowed her to give life to objects. 

Power aside. She was batshit crazy. At least she was supposed to be. I don't know how she was in this world. 

Mamako gave an awkward laugh, 

"Do not worry. I already mourned enough. Still I have no interest in helping the empire any longer."

*Sneer*

"I already told you to not help them. It doesn't matter how much they suffer. The empire is rotten to the core. That kid emperor is being manipulated by that fucking pig. If not for my little disciple who is now called the ice queen it would have already fallen."

Wait wait wait wait. 

WUT? 

Kid emperor? 

Rotten empire?

Ice queen? 

Pig manipulator? 

Oh my god! Oh my fucking god! Please don't tell me that manga is also part of the mix? 

Seems like I needed to make more research about the other side to make sure. 

This week I had only researched about the anti-individual law. I thought that the sole kingdom of note was the one housing Reinhard and the main cast from Re zero. 

"Forget it. Anyway, I am currently having an outing with my… With Akira-Kun here." 

Should I be happy or sad that she didn't call me her son? Hum, such a dilemma. 

Irene, seemingly remembering me, looked at me with interest. I immediately felt weirded out, as if all my secrets were being seen through. 

"Oh?!" 

----Irene POV

Name: Akira Karino 

Race: Human

Age: 13

Potential: Unknown 

Mana capacity: C

Skill: Hinokagutsuchi, Perfect physique, Truth eyes

[Hinokagutsuchi 

Class: Unknown 

Description: Unknown ] 

[Perfect physique

Class: Unknown 

Description: Unknown] 

[Truth Eyes

Class: Unknown 

Description: Unknown] 

Fufufu, what an intriguing child. It's the first time I am unable to obtain information from my dragon knowledge. 

A new type of magic? An unknown physique? 

So delightful. How long has it been since I managed to find someone so interesting? Hum, perhaps I should introduce him to my daughter?

---- Akira pov

+50 affection points with Irene for having piqued her curiosity. 

So she also had an observation type skill? I didn't see it. Did she hide it? Or is it just an application of her magic?

Interesting. Truly interesting. I am learning some new interesting things. 

----Mamako POV 

Huh? 

"Fufufu~!" 

"Hehehe~!" 

Why are they laughing so smugly while looking at each other? 

It was then, 

[WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!] 

[A CLASS F DUNGEON IS APPEARING IN THE VICINITY. CIVILIANS SHOULD FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE AND ENTER THE SHELTER. HUNTERS IN THE SURROUNDING ARE ASKED TO CLOSE THE GATE BEFORE AN OVERFLOW HAPPENS.]

[WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!] 

129