CH 17: DUNGEON
5k 12 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!] 

[A RANK F DUNGEON IS APPEARING IN THE VICINITY. CIVILIANS SHOULD FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE AND ENTER THE SHELTER. HUNTERS IN THE SURROUNDINGS ARE ASKED TO CLOSE THE GATE BEFORE AN OVERFLOW HAPPENS.]

[WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!] 

Dungeon, the blight of this world. 

After years of war between the different worlds, two types of gates were categorized. 

World gates and Dungeon gates. 

The two types of gates were classed ten ranks and four tiers depending on the highest measure of mana signaled. 

A F rank gate was by no means a joke. It was already at the top of what a low tier dungeon and could cause serious problems if not handled correctly. 

Despite this, the response from the civilians was far from what I thought it would be. 

I was ready for a mayhem as they fled without paying attention to their surroundings, but it was the total opposite. 

They were totally calm. In fact, no one seemed to take the evacuation notice seriously.

“Damn it. I’m going to be late for my appointment.”

“So unlucky.”

There were people complaining.

“Ooh. Can we see the hunters?”

“Let’s take a picture!”

Some people were excited. 

It was truly baffling. 

"You find it weird?" 

Irene's voice sounded next to me. I could hear the derision and the ridicule mixed in her words. The most baffling thing was that it wasn't directed at me. 

"You see. This is the proof of human stupidity and foolishness. They don't even know that all the hunters in the surroundings were called to help clearing a B rank dungeon."

I tilted my head before understanding the situation. 

"I see. So this was why you were here."

"Oh? Seems like you are rather sharp. Indeed. I could feel an unnatural increase of mana in the vicinity so I decided to take a look. If I hadn't been in this city with my daughter, this would have simply been one of the growing numbers of swallowed cities. Despite all the warnings, people still refuse to listen."

I was a little surprised. Not at human stupidity. It was in no way new. But rather at the indifference in her voice. Then I remembered who she was and I was greatly less surprised. 

"Daughter? Hum so Er-Chan is here. It's been a long time since I last saw her."

Mamako smiled a little as she called that nickname.

"Stop calling me like that. I am not a kid anymore."

'This voice.'

Clinging sounds reached my ear as a young girl walked out of a building. More precisely, a cake shop, while holding a chocolate and vanilla cake. 

She was wearing her trademark white skirt and armor she had in the anime when she was younger. The greatest difference being that she did not have an eye patch. 

'I guess that since Irene didn't abandon her in this world there's no way she would become a slave and lose her eyes.'

[Name: Erza Belserion 

Age: ???

#####]

"No peeking."

'How the fuck is she doing it?'

Having my seemingly cheated power being stopped two times in row was rather maddening. 

Mamako, seemingly understanding what was going through my mind patted my head with a smile, 

"Do not worry. Only Emperor class and above should be able to interfere with your power?" 

Emperor class? 

"Aren't you also above Emperor rank? Does that mean?" 

"Te-he. I don't really know what your eyes allow you to see. But I have nothing to hide."

Ohh. Funny. Seems like this type power only allows people to see stats in this world. Not their thoughts or secrets. Well, no way I am ever going to tell them that I can see them. 

"Hello big sis. Been a while. Oh? Hello. I am Erza Belserion. What about you?" 

'So she call Mamako Big sis? Well… I

I can understand that calling someone so young looking, Aunty, seems weird.'

Erza was a little calmer than I thought she would be. Giving her my best dazzling smile, 

"I am Akira Karino. Currently Mamako's adopted son. Happy to meet you, Erza."

She seemed to flinch a little at the mention of adopted, but otherwise didn't react much as she responded to my smile with her own. 

*Clap*

"Okay. Enough chit-chat. The gate is nearly complete. Erza. This will be your first dungeon. I will not help you as long as you aren't in any form of mortal danger."

"Huh? Irene why do you want to use a wild dungeon for her initiation?" 

A bitter smile formed on Irene’s face at Mamako question, 

"You know very well that I have no relationship with any dungeon owners. Money isn't a problem, but the reservation for a dungeon takes too long."

This was the proof of human Greed. They could monetize anything. Even dungeons. 

'This is my chance.'

"Irene-San. You know, the Karino family privately own a few low and mid tier dungeons. What more, I have an expedition in a few months. Erza could tag along."

"Hum…?" A bright smile formed on Irene's face as she asked, "What will it cost me?" 

I could have played the hypocrite and said nothing, but I knew how prideful she was. No way she would accept such favor for free. 

"I don't really need much. Since I will allow Erza to tag along in my adventure. Perhaps she would allow me to follow her now?" 

We smiled at each other. 

'I am going to thoroughly use you old bitch.'

I didn't know how strong Erza was right now. But it didn't matter. In Fairy tail she was already ranked S at sixteen years old and a true monster at 18, all that without having a mentor to guide her. 

Even if the rank S of fairy tail were weaker than the rank S of this world. It still showed how high her potential and growth rate was. 

Now that she was trained since young by one of the greatest mage in the world, how strong would she be once she matured enough? 

Well, I was going to find out soon. 

After all, Erza Scarlet, or rather, Erza Belserion's fighting style was basically one the ideal I was striving for. 

Sigh. I am tired. Anyway I am currently at CH 24. Mc finally received some OP power. Yeah.

Now the third volume will begin the true show with his yandere.

There will be no chapter tomorrow.

I won't give a schedule, but I promise 3 or 3 chapters this week.

I received 1500 stones last week and it really made me happy. If despite only writing 3 chapters this week I could reach 1k stones at least, that would really please me. Perhaps I will arrange another challenge game later in the week.

119