Entry 5 – Gift?
291 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entry 5 - Gift?

[Successor]

I startled awake in pain. It was the worst migraine of my life.

I rolled on the ground and pressed my paws against my skull, wanting something, anything, to distract me from the pain.

There were a few notifications from the menu, but I ignored them. It was too hard to focus enough to read them anyway.

A blessed relief came when I finally fell unconscious from pain.

 


 

When I was awake enough to function, I felt better than ever. It was invigorating, and startling, as nothing like this had ever happened before.

I had gotten some notifications from that ordeal, so I guess now is about time I read them.

You have been given abilities by an unknown individual!

An individual has merged their soul with yours, your soul is stronger!

Due to current Gifts, a new achievement has been unlocked!

Goddamn this thing! Tell me what the fuck they are then!

Name - ??? (undecided)

Level - 14

Age - 5 years

Gender - N/A (F preferred)

Skills - ... (skipped)

Gifts - "Soul manipulation" (Internal) Lv.8, "The Travelers Memories" (NEW!) Lv.1, "Multitask" (NEW!) Lv.1, "Inheritance" (NEW!) Lv.1, "Self Control" (NEW!) Lv.1, "Inner Eye" (NEW!) Lv.1, "Mutation" (NEW!) Lv.1

Resistances - ... (skipped)

Achievements - Immortal (you have refused to die, even when death should have grasped you), Dammed One (you are shunned from society and even your own parents have abandoned you), Queen (You have multiple methods of reproduction)

Ok, that's progress, I guess. Will you explain what they do? No? Ok then, be useless!

That last achievement... I don't want it...

 


 

It didn't take long for me to discover what some of those Gifts did. They were still weak though because of my low level in them. For example; at level 1, I can only access a very small amount of Hanbal's memories. Even still, I was completely fascinated by his life.

My current situation has kind of prevented me from having the usual childhood experience. Since I now have Hanbal's memories though, it doesn't matter! I can just pretend his childhood was mine! It's a little depressing though...

Back on topic though. I have been analyzing the DNA of the different monsters around me, even the plants. Most of them aren't innately aggressive, which surprised me. Everything down here is aggressive, even the dirt! Why are they so aggressive then?

Although my level in the "Traveler's Memories" Gift is too low to see detailed information, I could at least see a list of intelligent species, and Dungeon was on it.

 


 

After a few hours of trying to communicate with the dungeon, I gave up. It probably doesn't have a way to communicate.

While doing so I thought of a very interesting idea I wanted to test out, and after a few tests, I was ready for the big one. the minor tests were whether I could have one cell in my body have different DNA to the others and whether I could still control it. The answer was yes.

Then I tried to see if I could still control it if it left my body, the answer was no. I probably could if I mated with that snake spider thing Hanbal made absolutely sure to remember.

To test whether my theory was correct or not, I copied the DNA of the smallest snake I could find into a cell, and let it grow into an egg. Needless to say, it was uncomfortable. As an egg can't live outside a body until the shell is fully formed, I had to hold it inside myself. I even had to modify my body to accommodate it.

After a process which I absolutely refuse to describe here due to embarrassment, I had a pet snake. My theory was proven correct when it didn't try to kill me.

My theory is: if the dungeon controls the monsters, why doesn't it control me? Perhaps it can only control the monsters it created. To test this, I created my own monster.

The snake seemed completely obedient to me, even if it can't understand me. Or does it? saying a few commands, it followed them perfectly, except when I ordered the impossible. Then it just hissed at me.

For my next experiment, I tried creating something much more intelligent, or at least hoped it was anyway. I needed a house, so I tried to make a druid. Luckily, I had found a druid forest at one point.

Druids are basically a species of tree. they connect together with their roots and branches, forming a network. The larger the network, the more intelligent it is, and the more powerful. I was hoping I could get it to form into a house, or at least shelter. This time, instead of just copying the DNA, I also modified it a bit.

It was getting lonely down here, and the snake can't talk. I had an idea of what the inheritance skill was used for, and I wanted to test it. I also had Hanbals memories, so I now knew the general idea of what all my Gifts do. I gave my new child all of my Gifts and memories. I was reluctant to give my memories, but they would help it grow.

Since there was not really enough room for an entire forest down here, I tried to give it more variety. Moss, bushes, trees, herbs, and others. All things my new child could create and become.

4