Chapter 1: The beginning after the end.
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Veronica Waltz successfully inherited her family's company, 'The Project Company'. With an outstanding majority votes between the board of directors, There is no doubt that, Veronica Waltz will soon take charge of the company in the future."

Ah, I was once again called in the radio.

Yes that's right. I am the Veronica Waltz that everyone is talking about. Heiress and soon to be CEO-- Wait, scratch that last part. I meant, the current CEO of "The Project Company."

I was a little bit embarrassed by how the news described me as. They said I was the most beautiful CEO of America. They called me: "A Goddess whose silky hair is as yellow as the morning sun, accompanied by her pale and moist skin."

Not to brag or anything, but I seriously think that is a far bit stretched to be called that.

Well... I do agree on one thing that they've called me and that is that I am smart. After all it is the only quality that I've acknowledged, because it is  one of those things that made me go this far.

Well enough of that, let us move on to  the topic that I've always wanted to share about. A topic so taboo that not anyone can expect it to go out through my mouth; "Otome Games."

Eeeeek!!!

Ah, Otome Games, the love of my life.

Thou art is thy dating
The Pinnacle of human art.
Born out of Japan
Arrived at my heart.

Ahem... Sorry about that. I just can't contain this excitement!!!

Otome games, as my poem describes it, is a dating game that was made from Japan. That allowed you to date handsome and hot guys, or girls, whatever you prefer.

As a girl who is workaholic and haven't had a chance to date anyone, this genre surely helped me fill the void within my heart; "Romantic love."

As of right now, the otome game that I am currently playing is called, "Love Life Love" Weird name right? But that's all the weirdness end because this game is a goddamn masterpiece.

Natural world building, interesting plot and a set of beautifully written characters that made you want to live in that paradise instead of this thing called "reality".

Even the antagonist of the game is wonderfully written, that you just can't help but pity her for her sad and tragic back story.

I can go on and on about this holy game, but unfortunately I have no time for that. Because I am currently at the car of my acquaintance, as I listen to him talk to something that I am not interested in.

You might be wondering, "Did you just ignore him talk, while I ramble about my favorite genre?"

Yes that's right.

And it's not some accidental thought process, but I actually, purposely, ignored him. Because he himself is talking something annoying that I just can't get myself to listen.

"So anyways, Veronica... About the marriage proposal..."

Geez Louise! I'm only 18!

This boy right beside me is my current "fiance" John Stewart. Director to one of our subsidiary companies. 

"And what about it?" I said, in a cold voice.

"You know... Father has recently created conditions to our marriage---"

"He is not your father." I interrupted, as I glared at him..

"Yet..." He smirked.

Ugh this monkey!!!

"Anyways, father---"

"I said!--"

"Hush." He interrupted me by covering his finger at my lips.

"Father won't accept me, unless you agree to my proposal." He said at a low voice.

I forcibly removed his finger out of my lips and said,

"I won't accept it... Besides, you are just given that opportunity because of your upbringing."

John Stewart's father, was a friend of my dad. In fact they we're best friends. They are so close, that made other people think that they are brothers.

"But you promised me!" Shouted John.

Sadly, John's father died in a horrible accident. But before he died, my father  promised him that he will let his son get engaged to me.

Well, I did accept the proposal... But it was because I pitied him and also he was very cute at that time. But now times are changing!!!

I crossed my arms and said, "Yeah, well I did, 10 years ago."

"What changed?!?" He said, revealing a sad look on his face.

"Ugh." I said, with a disgusted look.

"I don't want to talk about it." I continued.

"Hey come on! Tell me!" He held both of my shoulders as he continued to pester me about it.

"Now's not the time, John."

I looked ahead, Thinking of ways to distract myself from this horrible topic.

...

Ah, look there's a butterfly!

"Veronica please..."

Ouch. the butterfly suddenly got hit by a car. How unfortunate. Look what you did John, you killed that butterfly!

"Veronica..."

What now???

Ugh. That look on his face, doing that puppy eyes again??? Fine! You want some explanation?? Then here's one!

"I know what your thinking of doing this John. Without this engagement, you wouldn't be the director of that company of yours."

I stared at him and slowly moved near him.

"In fact, you can't just ignore this opportunity on getting that major  position  as the CEO's husband."

"Haha... what's this all about?" He said

"Don't act innocent John. Sigh... And here I was, stupid enough that I loved you before."

Yes, that's right. I actually loved John. Emphasis on "Loved" please. Because that was eons ago. What made me lose that love? Well that was before, when I was still in high school. I was so desperate on love, that made me realize my feelings to John. He was handsome, kind and the best of it all. He is my fiance.

I've always dream't of a future between him and me. We could have kids, lived a happy life and die together with both of our hands intact. But that's all there is to it. "Dreams."

I thought he was the man I was looking for. But then out of the ordinary, I over heard his conversations with his friend saying,

"Come on man, I don't actually like her. We just have been set-up by both of our fathers. Well once I'll be his husband, I'll get those assets to myself."

That was the beginning of the end, to me. My fantasies shattered. Since then, I no longer looked forward to love, but rather to my dreams of being a CEO of my parent's company.

Come to think of it... It was also the time that I've started to get addicted to playing otome games; Wondering if there will be a man, like the characters that I've always dated in games.

"Veronica... I-I'm---"

"Forget it. I'm disappointed at you John." I scanned him from head to toe and continued in a sassy tone, "I'm disappointed at you even now."

I pointed my finger at him and said,

"And let's not forget that the company that your handling is the black sheep at my company... Your just a scum who rode on my father's kindness!"

"Scum!" I shouted. The word that made me regret till this day. It was just one word that changed my entire life. Because after I said those words came a brutal action.

*Schib*

I looked down below my belly and saw a knife stabbed deep within me. Blood started to flow out as I shouted in pain.

"Bitch" He told me, pressuring the knife to go deeper within me.

"Selfish little bitch... Yeah that's right. I wanted to use you, I wanted to be free and rich and get a harem of girls you got that!?"

He then stabbed my stomach again and again, and pain came after. A pain that made my heart squeezed to the point that I can't breath.

"If you wont even let me marry you and let me go to the bottom again, then might as well bring you down with me."

He stabbed me once again, but in the heart. Blood started to splat all around the vehicle. Pain so strong that I can't even dare to shout. My vision then started to blurred, but my mind still intact.

Remembering the betrayal I felt because of him through the years made me say,

"Go to hell."

Then my mind began to go blank.

***

Mom... Remember our promise that I will be the CEO of the company? Hahah well... I did it. I've become what you wanted me to be.

Dad... Thank you for being with me throughout the years. When mom died, you were the only one who brought me out of despair and lead me to the right path.

To John, for being a bastard for so long, Fuck you and go to hell.

To the people who supported me through turbulent times, thank you, and may the memories that we had, stayed forever more, because Veronica Waltz, is now officially dead.

2