Chapter 1.2: Back in the Groove
99 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
A little shorter than usual, but hopefully it will be dense enough to make up for that. Please leave a comment if you want to, I greatly appreciate them!

The thrust spear, supported by only the goblins right hand, aims at my head. Sadly this will put him(?) at a mechanical disadvantage. I drop the knife to my side to open my hands with my left leg positioned forward of my right. I duck while shooting my left hand up, catching the thorn roughly 1 foot down it's length. I push up slightly with my left hand and release my hold of the spear while remaining lightly crouched, diverting the course of the spear away from my skull. I curl my right arm so that my right wrist is in contact with my rib cage, curling my fingers back to form a palm. The goblin continues forward due to its own momentum. I lower my left arm slightly before drawing it in, while also stepping forward with my right foot and thrusting my right palm forward while rotating it slightly. The section of my palm that is in line with my ulna makes contact with the goblin's nose so that my palm is perpendicular to the bridge of the nose and that my forearm is directly in line with it. As the goblin stays in motion going forward, I continue to exert strength into my right leg and arm while contracting my torso and shoulders slightly in a twisting fashion. The nose compresses up unto the point where the cartilage ends and the bone begins before offering a small amount of resistance. Feeling this I finish the rest of my range of motion with explosive power. The bone fails and cleaves, unable to withstand the impact of the palm supported in line by most of my muscles and weight. The nose bone, having broken away from the upper jaw, cheek bones and eye sockets, now travels with my palm instead. As the motion continues, the bone fragment is thrust inside of the skull, piercing the brain. At the end of the range of travel, I twist my palm around the ulna in a clockwise fashion, rotating the bone fragment and causing further cavitation and damage to the brain.

I note the last goblin approaching to my left as I begin to remove my hand from the now sunken facial cavity of the now disabled goblin. I take a step forward and to the left with my left foot while ducking under the still extended arm holding still the spear. I then step forward with my right foot, removing my body from within reach of the nearly dead goblin while facing the goblin wielding the club. He(?) continues to slowly(quickly) step forward while slowly(quickly) swinging his club down in an attempt to connect with my head. I step in with my left foot and push his right forearm to the side with my left forearm, altering the course of the club. I raise my left and right forearm and place them against his neck so as to control the motion of his head to some degree, but mainly to prepare for what comes next. Contracting my entire chest and torso, I kick off of the ground lightly with my right foot and slam my knee into his exposed chest. I feel the sternum bend slightly before breaking and turning inwards, possibly puncturing a lung, but surely causing difficulty breathing. After such a strong hit to the solar plexus anyone would double over, and this is where it ends. I change my grip around his neck as he bends over and releases a hot breath of foul air, moving to a modified guillotine position. I put weight into my left arm, leveraging against his shoulders, elongating his neck. After his neck is sufficiently elongated and agency is taken away from his neck muscles in conjunction with a tension increase in the spinal column, I sharply twist down and counterclockwise in a pulling fashion with my right arm, using his chin to index against my arm, providing the torsion necessary to shear his brain stem.

I feel all resistance aside from minor twitching stop as I release my arms and entrust the corpse to gravity. I take a deep, metered breath. Eight becomes four. Then two. Then one. I exhale and begin to assess what has just occurred.

3