Chapter IV – Leonora
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John opens his eyes as he groans in discomfort. The past 48 hours has been a living hell. His nightmares are tormenting him more than they usually do. The cold floor is freezing, which John assumes may be because it is still night and the sun has yet come to warm up the stone walls, atleast a little bit. He pushes himself up to stand, stretching and looking towards the celldoor. No food or water yet. John's throat feels like sandpaper at this point. For being someone that follows the God of Justice and Protection, the Enclave sure as hell does not treat their prisoners well. One more day and night, and Leonora should be here to break him out. But what if she does not come? What if something has gone wrong and she is lying dead in a ditch somewhere? John shakes his head a little. He cannot afford to think like that. Not now. John's stomach grumbles of hunger and he makes his way over to the celldoor, grabbing hold of it and shaking it a bit. "Hey.." He tries to shout, but his throat hurts and his voice is barely a whisper. He focuses a little bit and clears his throat. It has been two days since he spoke with anyone, so it is just because he is not used to speaking which makes it so low, hopefully. John tries again. "Hey!" A bit louder this time. After a minute or two, the door down the hallway is unlocked, the sound of it opening echoing through the hallway. Footsteps tells John that someone is indeed coming for him.

Emina comes into view from the side of his cell. "Yes, John Melorni?" John looks at her, leaning against the bars on his cell for support as he is fairly low on energy. "I am.. Starving.. My throat is so dry. Please." Emina studies John before she lets out a cold laughter. "And when your victims begged for mercy and for their lives, did you spare them?" John slams a fist into one of the bars. "They deserved it! They were protecting a traitor!" John waves his hand a little, as it was hurting from the punch despite there not being a lot of power behind it. Emina just looks at John with her amber eyes. "Helping a 'traitor' or not, you killed them, and so many others." John grits his teeth. "Give me something to eat and drink, or I will see to it that you will carry Berina's curse.." Emina laughs geniunly this time. "You think that I am afraid of a silly made up curse? Lathoros protects me. Even if you somehow managed to circumvent the wards on your cell, my deity's magic protects me from such things." John smirks. "He has not felt my magic yet." Emina shakes her head with a sigh. "You are rambling like a madman. I have yet to meet a sane warlock. I thought perhaps since you had evaded the Enclave for so long, that you would have a properly functioning mind. Guess I was wrong." Emina starts moving towards where she came from. "I will have one of the servants bring you a meal. Your trial has been moved forwards to tonight." John feels his heart stoop in his chest as his wide eyes watches as the priestess leaves him to the silence, the door being locked behind her. If they have moved his trial to tonight, that means Leonora will be too late to rescue him. John stumbles backwards as the realization of his imminent death strikes him. Falling to his butt, he stares ahead of him, at the wall on the other side of his celldoor. 

John sat like that for almost an hour, trying to figure out how he was going to postpone his trial to give Leonora enough time to get there to rescue him. Towards the end, he realized that there was nothing he could do. He would have to try to improvise when the time came for his trial. The High Inquisitor, whoever that was, would  most likely probably have him executed on the spot. Hopefully it would be quick, because truth be told; he deserves it. He deserves to be executed for what he has done. John ends up thinking about all the things he has done. All of his sins. To him, the only sins that he considers sins is the innocent people he has killed, justifying it with the hunt of a traitor. All the sex, seduction and animal-sacrifices he does not consider sins. Everyone sacrifices to their deity, one way or another. John eventually drifts off to sleep, as trying to force himself to stay awake is draining energy he does not really have.

A door is kicked open as the children and woman inside screams out in fear. John walks inside, his eyes glowing bright green, sword in one hand. An elderly man grabs a kitchen knife and rushes towards John, whom reaches out towards him with a hand, speaking a word of power and the man stops moving, grasping his throat. John points his sword towards the woman whom is clutching her two children, crying in pain. "Tell me where Khallum is and your children will get to live." John turns his gaze towards the man, smirking. The man's eyes are wide in fear as he tries to stutter something out. "Sorry, I can't hear you." The man desperately points in a direction. "B..Bilga!" John nods. "Thank you, that was not so hard was it?" John yanks his empty hand towards one side of the room, the man flying into the wall with a scream and the sound of him crashing into the wall and hitting the floor soon to follow. John moves towards the woman and the children, and in three rapid strikes all three lay dead on the floor. The man screams out and stands up and starts moving towards John with only his fists. John looks at the man and smirks. "Sorry, I lied." John throws the man across the room with the flick of his hand and a word of power, before he walks out of the house, moving towards the direction pointed out, towards the city of Bilga.

The sound of the metal door in the hallway opening snaps John out of his sleep with a gasp. John looks towards the celldoor as a man wearing only white robes with a golden insignia on it comes into a view. He is carrying a metal tray. On it is an assortment of berries and two slices of bread. There is also a jug of water on it. The man looks at John as he says "This will hurt." Before John can even react, the servant's eyes lights up golden and John finds himself being dragged by invisble forces back to the wall, crashing against it. No matter how much John struggles, he is unable to move his body even a centimeter away from the wall. The servant unlocks the door and places down the tray on the inside of the cell before stepping outside, closing and locking the door. His eyes stops glowing and John stumbles forwards, falling onto his stomach against the stone floor, grunting in pain. The servant then leaves, the metal door once more clicking as it is locked. John moves over to the tray and starts devouring the berries, bread and water as if there was no tomorrow. Well, most likely there will not be a tomorrow for him.

A few hours after John had finished eating, he is sitting along the wall and praying to his deity that Leonora would come early and save him from his impending doom. He was not certain, but as far as he knew, the Enclave executes their prisoners after they are deemed guilty in a trial. Click. The door was unlocked again. John stands up, looking towards his celldoor. Two priestesses comes into view. One of them is Emina, her amber eyes, dark skin and white hair a rare sight. The other woman he does not recall having seen before. She is wearing the same robes as Emina, but has black hair and caucasian but tan skin. But what really stood out was her eyes. Big, crystal blue eyes. And her voice so heavenly, a slight tease in her voice. "John Melorni. Your trial is now. Come with us and we will bring you in front of the High Inquisitor and she will judge you in a just manner." She smiles and winks at John. John looks at her, then Emina whom nods at him and unlocks the door. The two priestesses steps inside, Emina first. "Turn around, John." she says. John takes a step back and Emina speaks again. "Now J-" thud. Emina's eyes flutters before she falls forwards onto her chest. Behind her, the other priestess hangs a metal staff over her back, looking at John. "I am Leonora. Let's move before the High Inquisitor notices we are taking too long."

0