Chapter 2
835 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Click 'accept'

Li Bai looked around the *dilapidated buildings and dusty broken roads. With the exception of zombies, the whole place looks like it was on apocalypse.

[Dilapidated– meaning decayed, deteriorated, or ruined]

Sounds of gun fires and deafening bombs can be heard from afar. The ground will shake every now and then. The buildings that are not sturdy enough to support themselves, slowly leaned and toppled.

A lost bullet shot out near his face and the wall behind him crashed down. Seeing the bricks are going to fall and hit him, Li Bai moved away, just in time, to avoid it.

In such unfamiliar place, he could only guess and take risk on every narrow street he passed by. Due to his past life being too comfortable without any trouble, his physical fitness definitely did not fit his current situation.

He heard a static noise in his mind, thinking that it may be Agent 013, he opened his mouth and tried to get a response, "System? System? Boss? Agent 013? *Shifu?"

[*Shifu– meaning master (Jap)]

"..." The static faded and the silence filled his mind again.

Li Bai panicked and stopped walking. Being all alone in a strange place made him feel uncomfortable and fidgety. He looked around, trying to look for a safe space to hide.

He went to a seemingly small sturdy house, it was the only decent infrastructure he could find. He politely knocked first and then quickly went inside.

The single room is dark, dusts fly all over him due to not having someone to live in the house for a long time. The darkness gives Li Bai some sense of security and fear at the same time.

Tracing the walls as he blindly look for a corner to sit on. A ball like object hit his foot and slightly rolled away. Frightened, he paused for a while and then continued walking when there were no other sound.

When he touched the angled walls, he slid down and silently sat on the floor when suddenly, his butt suddenly produced a 'squish' sound.

Finding the texture of the floor he was sitting on weird, he groped down and felt a soft and elastic object. The thing seemed to be slightly wet in a highly viscous liquid.

Due to the absence of light, he tried recognizing it by touching and groping. He felt that it was fun like playing slime except he didn't know exactly what he was currently holding. Without any gains from his play, he leaned down and sniffed.

A rustic pungent smell assaulted his nose causing him to almost vomit. The thing he was holding slowly registered in his brain.

He was actually sitting on a bloody remains of a dead person, the thing he was holding on his left hand is a part of the intestines while the other hand is a non-beating heart that possess a still slight warmth.

Ironically, the dead heart's warmth made his body shiver in cold fear.

"Oh~? A stray cat entered."

A deep voice emerged near him. His body automatically stopped moving and his breath became shallow. Fearing that the unknown creature will find him in the dark, he tolerated the bloodied mess that he subconsciously hugged after being startled.

The deep voice sounded lazy and playful but Li Bai instinctively felt that it carried a dangerous tone on it, like a siren's lullaby that will drown you.

In the silent walls of danger, the slow footsteps created an illusion of being in a hunting event— except he was the prey, staying still on the bloody corner, waiting to die.

His cold sweat accumulated on his back, the footsteps became nearer and nearer. It was slow, like he was being teased.

"Li Bai? Li Bai!" Agent 013's worried voice entered his mind. Though he was relieved, he didn't dare lax his vigilance to the still walking predator coming close to him.

He can hear the ruckus and varying voices talking on the system's side. The somewhat chaotic sounds on the other side made him remember something.

"S-system, can you hear me?" Using his mind as called out to his family's agent, he didn't dare open his mouth and make a slightest sound.

The unknown figure suddenly stopped walking, their distance just three steps far. Li Bai resisted shaking in fear and after a few seconds, the pair of legs turned away and walked to the opposite side.

"Yes, please calm down. The Main System will help us." Agent 013's reassuring tone did not match the fast typing sounds on his side.

On the system's side, the available system agents entered Agent 013's office and gathered on the long table. Everyone held their breath as they waited for the Main System's command.

Li Bai waited, looking closely at the figure slowly getting away on his corner. He was turning pale from the lack of oxygen from trying to minimize his breathing.

The unknown predator suddenly chuckled, it started to whistle a jolly song. It was that moment when the heavens played a joke on him, the stray dusts entered his innocent nose.

"Atchoo!" His heart beated so fast as if it would burst out of his body. Li Bai repeatedly cursed himself for sneezing while lighting himself a candle for his death.

However, a more powerful sound surmounted his sneeze. It was a harsh stomp with a loud bursting sound of something being squashed coming from the predator's side.

Instantly, a powerful smell of nauseating odor filled the room. From his still sensitive nose, the fresh blood stunk heavier than the one he was holding. Li Bai figured out that the unknown creature stomped on the 'ball' he had accidentally kicked earlier and that ball was in fact, a decapitated human head.

Li Bai's eyes turned red. He didn't know whether his sneeze was heard nor the did he know if the dangerous figure had already known his location and was just playing with him.

As the figure stopped near the door, Agent 013 and the unknown figure's voice spoke at the same time with one in an alarmed voice while the latter still so lazy as ever.

"Kitten, come out~"

"Li Bai, run!"

Li Bai bolted out of the door. He could barely dodged the outstretched hand. He once again ran with all his might, his aching muscles slowly lessens his speed.

The creature's haunting laugh grew nearer, reminding his impending death. His breath grew heavier and his body is reaching its limit. Will he survive after all?

"I'm gonna catch you."

---------------
Small theater:
---------------

Li Bai: Damn, I got no chill here.

System Agent 013: I'll give you a cheat.

Li Bai: Quick! Give me, give me!

System Agent 013:  Oh, it's locked.

Li Bai: ...

*Player Li Bai died, please try again.*

25