Chapter 20
484 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: Ning ShiXun

"System, this is bad. Help me!" Li Bai gritted his teeth, his hands clutched tightly on the controller.

Agent 013 snorted. "I'm not letting you spend points just to win games."

Li Bai glanced angrily at the golden-haired man beside him. The other had brutally smashed him into several defeats.

Ning ShiXun smiled happily as he won again from their match. However, his smile frozed when he saw the youth's wronged face.

Li Bai's cheerful energy is too infecting. He was just playing casually at first but he unexpectedly played seriously and enjoyed himself in the game.

The man hid is embarrassment with a laugh. Fortunately, the youth turned off the lights and the redness on the tip of his ears is not seen.

Ning ShiXun cleared his throat. "Sorry, I played this game since I was a kid. Do you wanna do something else?"

Li Bai immediately perked up. "Can we go where General Xiang is?"

Hearing his rival's name, Ning ShiXun's eyes dimmed slightly. "General Xiang is currently on a mission. He would be back by the time the sun sets."

Agent 013 suddenly spoke. "Let him tour you to the entire building. I think it would help us in the future."

Li Bai repeated what his system said and Ning ShiXun enthusiastically agreed. Before heading out, Li Bai went to notify the busy Mu Cheng.

The golden-haired man grabbed Li Bai's shoulders. "Let's start the tour?"

-----------------------

"5,387, 3,004, and 213, you know what to do." Xiang Lian Jun whispered to the three Biantai as they went near his men.

The three nodded. "Affirmative."

Xiang Lian Jun carried the two 'unconscious' Biantai on his shoulders while the weakest ran to his men side to intentionally get caught.

Kai Feng is not in sight, he presumably went back to the human base to do his task.

One of the soldiers shouted cease fire when they saw the Biantai fell down on the ground. Others helped the general from carrying the two 'bodies'.

"General, what should be done?"

Xiang Lian Jun gestured at the medical-in-charge soldier. "Check if they are still alive. Inject high dosage of sedative and monitor their vitals. If one of them wakes up, shoot them in the heart as we always do."

One of the confidential information regarding Biantai is their rapid cell regeneration ability. The only weakness they have is that a shot in the heart can slow down the Biantai's healing ability but it would not kill them.

The medical team moved quickly, the soldiers searched the area for any survivors.

Just as they are finishing their task, Xiang Lian Jun's terminal suddenly sounded. "General Xiang, there's are trapped civilians at a bomb shelter, the coordinates (x,y) Southwest. Approximately hundreds of survivors are inside. Over."

Old Shen heard the news, his eyes widen in shock. "General, our vehicles can't accommodate that number of people."

The man narrowed his eyes. "Call for back-up, notify Mu Cheng to ready the medical facility."

Old Shen nodded. It's been three years when the massive breach happened causing thousands of humans abducted by the Biantai race. The human base they are currently staying at is the only base that had survived from the breach.

The bomb shelters are built for strong defense. There's no signal that can detect them nor exit, making bomb shelters as one of the safest yet hardest to find.

This is why the human base carries daily patrolling all over the country to search for survivors.

However, the human base is reaching it's full accommodation. With the addition of these people, they would need to expand the base soon.

The general arrived at the bomb shelter, the soldiers are in the middle of opening the entrance. The back-up teams are nearing the site.

When the shelter opened, all of the soldiers gasp in horror. The people inside the base are thin as a skeleton, some of them had dried blood on their bodies, and a heavy stench of corpse reach their noses.

There are incomplete bodies laying messily all over the shelter, it is obvious that the people inside resorted to cannibalism after their food rations ran out.

Xiang Lian Jun commanded his soldiers to carry every living survivors. The man felt a slight sympathy to the emancipated figures of these poor humans.

Some of the survivors cried while the others looked dead as his men carried them to the vehicles. He glanced at the military clothes folded in the ground. He knew that these men sacrificed themselves as food for these civilians.

He silently saluted at the remains before ordering his comrades to burn the whole site. Although he is a Biantai working as a spy, he is treats his soldiers genuinely and respect the military a lot. Well, except for the corrupted ones.

Xiang Lian Jun stared at the blazing fire. Soon, these humans will know the Mother Tree and will live comfortably.

'Li Bai deserves to be away from this filthy place. He can only stay by my side where its safe.'

-------------------------

When Mu Cheng opened his door after hearing a series of heavy knocks, Kai Feng's upset face appeared by the door. The man's eyes darkened behind his gold spectacle.

Mu Cheng raised his brow. "Who made you mad?"

Kai Feng, in bad mood, bumped the bespectacled man aside and went to the man's office. Looking all over, Kai Feng finally talked. "Have you seen Xiao Bai?"

"Is that why you are in disguise? Want to play doctor with Bai Bai?"

Kai Feng went outside when he didn't find the person he was looking for. "Talk less shit. I want to see the love of my life."

Letting out a vomiting sound, Mu Cheng stopped Kai Feng from running around. "Bai Bai is with Xiang Xiang's colleague. He is taking a tour to the entire building. Wait for him here or else I'll report you to 01."

Kai Feng grunted, his sulking figure went back to Mu Cheng's office as soon as he heard the word 01.

"Did you finish your task, Shitty Feng?"

Kai Feng slumped to the sofa, staring at the ceiling. "En, that's why I'm bored. Scum Cheng, entertain me by stabbing yourself or something."

Snorting, the bespectacled man ignored the Biantai and continued his work. He's not worried that someone will see Kai Feng. The bastard retained his high EQ, making him indistinguishable from humans despite being a heartless Biantai.

If he is not on the Mother Tree, he is always seen fooling around the human bases whenever he's free.

Mu Cheng shook his head. It won't be easy for Li Bai for having two nutjobs as his companion. If Li Bai didn't accept these two, he won't be surprised if Li Bai dies.

'Bai Bai, hurry up and get your lunatic here in my office.'

----------------------
Author:

Kai Feng is my inner demon. I'm staying silent because this book's pair is Xiang Lian Jun X Li Bai. Should I change the route from one pair to 3P?

Yes to 3P or No to 3P?

17