Chapter 37: Sweeter than Candy
280 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The war between the fallen gods and the celestial gods lasted for three days and three nights. Since the space rift has been restored, it didn't take long for the fallen gods to be subdued thoroughly. The powerful ones were locked in the Qilin tower where their cultivation is suppressed, leaving them unable to escape forever.

It is impossible to have the fallen gods eliminated because it will upset the heavens. Every dimension has their own rules but one rule applied to all, Balance. Like Ying and Yang, evil energy exists for a reason. It also explains why the world that Li Bai had transmigrated in was on the verge of destruction, the human greed caused an unbalance energy which collapsed the world's true fate.

Qian Beichen wiped his sweat, panting heavily as he moved the last pillar back to its place. The Underworld realm wasn't really touched by the short war but the strong earthquake created damages on the buildings and other properties. The portal to the realm was temporarily closed until further notice from the Main System. His work pile expectedly increased as he would also handle the reports for damages. As Qian Beichen became stressed from the work, another stressful thing added not too long ago.

At first, he noticed someone looking at him everyday. The gaze is extremely sticky and the type that bugs you the most. Although he ignored it, brushing it off as him overthinking things, some of his colleagues gradually noticed it too. Agent 036 teased him every time they see each other (and the agent got beaten up each time). That person shamelessly leave sweets on his office table but would never show their face. When he would try to look, it would hide. Even a child hides better than it.

Qian Beichen massaged his temples. This person is extremely similar to his host; both are annoyingly stupid to the point he's worried.

He really can't take it anymore.

Appearing behind that certain someone, he patted him as he spoke in a dark tone. "You know that hiding behind the bushes doesn't help you, right?"

The man jumped from shock. It pointed at him, trying to deny what he said. "Y-you! I'm not hiding. I'm j-just passing by!"

"..." Okay, understandable. Have a nice day.

Like hell would he buy that. The man's build is bigger than him but his twisting and blushing figure looked irritating cute. His stress unknowingly lessened from the ugly sight. He took out the lemon candy on his pocket and showed it to the man in front. "I like this flavor. Thanks for the sweets." He patted the man's shoulder once again before turning around to leave.

Too bad he didn't see the man's face turned bloody red like a baboon's butt. "He likes sweets like me..."

The Underworld agency stopped its operation and every host has the automated system serving them. Although some souls became stranded inside the underworld realm while the others remained wandering on the human dimensions, no soul has been harvested by the fallen gods. This means that their main objective is the celestial realm.

The reason for the space rift is currently unknown, the casualty only reached 2% while the destruction of property is less than forty. Qian Beichen checked the damage report but his mind drifted to his stalker and host. Though he knows that Li Bai would be smart enough to survive on his own (not really), the automated system is flawed because it can't make decisions outside the system rules. If something happened to Li Bai...

"No...I should trust my host." Qian Beichen sighed.

"What happened to your host?" Agent 016's voice appeared above him. He looked up to see the two lovers hanging out in his office again.

Qian Beichen submitted the document after making sure they are correct. "My host is...like a troublesome child that had a worriedly low IQ."

Agent 016 looked at his lover before nodding. "I understand." He reassured, "But we still can't open the system up. I heard it would be fixed tomorrow though."

"Hey, I heard you got yourself a puppy." Agent 036 playfully teased him again.

Agent 016 and 013 looked at him simultaneously. "Puppy?"

The man's image subconsciously came into Beichen's mind; chiseled jawline, bold eyebrows, sharp phoenix eyes that is framed with long lashes, supple lips... an extremely handsome idiot. If the man didn't have a short hair cut but a long silky black hair with delicate hairpins, he would look like his first love. The man even knew he liked the sour type of sweets. Like a puppy, it would follow him everyday.

Agent 016 laughed a bit, "Oh, Agent 013's stalker? Isn't he the Jade Emperor's younger brother?"

Qian Beichen dropped the cup he was holding. "WHAT?"

Agent 036 looked at him funnily, "You worked under the boss but you didn't know? Tsk, tsk, tsk." He stood up and opened a data. "Look, his name is Yu Huang Guang. He is our boss."

"..." Qian Beichen really didn't know. Then, the one he teased and called idiot is his boss!?

The two lovers didn't know what Qian Beichen did but they just also recently found that out. They know that the Jade Emperor's little brother likes to travel from different dimensions that is why the Main System became their so called 'boss'. They all believed that the Main System is a bunch of datas that has the attitude of a spoiled brat.

Agent 016 clicked his tongue, "The big boss is actually our boss' stalker. You don't need to work hard and just surrender yourself to him."

"...You still remember that I'm also your boss, huh?" Qian Beichen works under the Main System and everyone works under him. In this hierarchy, he is technically Agent 016 and 036's boss but the two rascals never called him one. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any friends besides the two, he didn't remember when and how did he managed to befriend them, but he cherished them with his life. Well, they do challenge his patience.

Qian Beichen sighed, "Aren't I considered 'surrendered' under him since he's my boss? And work should be separated from love life." He looked at the suspended picture of Yu Huang Guang before looking above. "I... don't know whether I'm ready for love yet."

Agent 016 and 036 looked at each other before comforting their friend. Agent 013 is extremely famous for being an anomaly and a big threat to the celestial realm. They were afraid of him first but they found out that he's actually nice and humorous. Although, his face is paralyzed and his tongue is poisonous, he is not the blood thirsty bug that everyone says.

Agent 036 changed the subject when it got quiet. "Now I know the reason why I haven't seen that brat yet." The brat is the Main System. "It's because the true big boss is here. I guess my office will be safe from getting watered now~" Is what he thought, but when he came back to his office, it was flooded.

——————————————
Small theater:
——————————————

Agent 036: Hey, that brat is gone! My office will not get wet again!

Yu Huang Guang: Heh, you wish.

Agent 0136: ...

Agent 036: Boss, help me coax the big boss.

Agent 013: Scram!

5