Chapter 40: Peace Treaty
258 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night sky is enveloped with clouds like a blanket, letting the full moon peek ever so slightly. The eagle parched by the dry branches, looking over at the secret meeting that some government officials are being held. They were seated on the meeting room with four soundproofed walls surrounding them, by the highest floor of the sole high-rise building, heavily guarded and armed.

"Are you serious? Letting a Biantai savage come here to 'help us'?" One of the officials glared at one another. The group is divided into two; one is in favor of having connections to their enemy, the other is in favor of continuing the war. Not one wanted to retreat from their standings.

Marshal Ning listened to them. He was once the most adamant against the Biantai race, but recently, he's been low-key and quiet. The group against the Biantai are looking over him anxiously, Marshal Ning's authority makes them more powerful than the other group. His silence leave them in disadvantage.

The Pro-Biantai's brought up the main issue, "The food stock and production is getting less and less each time, the demand is getting higher. The fertile lands and resources are under the Biantai race. The human race will starve!"

"Might as well get conquered by them, you fool!" One of them barked back.

The old Marshal sneered internally. It was true that seeking help with the enemy race will only get them conquered easily, but if they didn't do it, they will die from starvation. It's like the Biantai's really thought of such meticulous plan that neither the human race left any choice. Although, both sides are logically correct and might seem to look for the interest of the human base, in the end, everyone is just doing it for themselves. The group against the peace treaty are threatened that their positions will be snatched; the group in favor of the other race are trying to curry favor to the enemy to let them stay on their current living status.

Just like any other system, it is full of hypocrisy and fake goodwill. Marshal Ning didn't like any of these old bags, but he's like them. He's also afraid that his position as the Marshal will be taken away, and son won't inherit the title. However, since the incident, his perspective changed and made him rethink his life decisions. He's still currying the guilt of his son, wondering if he can turn back the time to raise his son correctly this time. He didn't care if his son will still be gay, he just didn't want him to hurt the one he loved. If he could turn back the time, he would also save his wife from Kai Feng's hands.

The acting president spoke at last, "I have concocted a plan that will satisfy both sides." What plan could it be that it can satisfy a human's greedy heart?

——————————————

The news about the visitation of Biantai representative spread fast and every humans inside the human base where feeling trepidation and thrill. They are hoping for the meeting between two races to become successful, that this will be the first step for peace. Most hopeful ones are the commoners, whilst the least are the ones living in luxury. Because of this peculiar event, 01 and 02's entrance to the human base is watched by everybody.

Li Bai imagined the streets to be deserted, but it was filled with people. 01 and 02 were escorted by lower Biantai. It was funny because the two men they are escorting is much more powerful than them. He hesitated whether he should squeeze his way to the front to see the legendary 01 and 02.

"I know that our enemies are good-looking people, but wow! Look at those biceps!" One of the ladies commented.

Her friend answered her with the same giddiness, "I know right? The lady beside him looks gorgeous, I feel jealous!"

Li Bai subconsciously looked up with his tip toe, successfully sneaking a glance to the two Biantais. Kai Feng saw Li Bai's drooling expression and his face quickly turned dark. He forgot that Li Bai likes good-looking faces. He should've listen to Xiang Lian Jun to let Li Bai stay at the house.

The man waited for the other to stop looking. When the two Biantai's left their sight, Li Bai retrieved his sight. He awkwardly laugh when he saw Kai Feng's jealous face. Kai Feng pouted, "Looked enough?"

Li Bai patted his sulking husband, "Enough, enough. I thought they were handsome, but in fact, you two are more handsome than them."

Although, Kai Feng knew Li Bai was just coaxing him, he let the other go. Li Bai thought he's all good, when they were going back to their home, Kai Feng suddenly said, "If you didn't look away and wanted to look more, I would've gouged your eyes and give it to them so you can see them always."

"..." I know you are just teasing me, but that's too much. QwQ

The three finished putting the huge 'gift box' in Mu Cheng's bedroom and Xiang Lian Jun already told 02 about the gift. Kai Feng was still feeling bitter so he told Xiang Lian Jun what happened earlier. That night, not only Mu Cheng had a great night, but also the three husbands.

——————————————
Small theater:
——————————————
Mu Cheng: Choke me

02: C-come again?

Mu Cheng: Choke me, then I'll come again ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

5