♧ [V1 || Chapter 02] ♧
911 10 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an instant, her vision had turned upside down and everything went flying all over the place. The passengers around her were also thrown around in the air, their screams filling the spaces around her. 

And then, everything stood still. The apples that were once in the elderly woman's grocery bag in front of her, rolled around on the ground. One of the apples had hit May in the face earlier. 

But, the elderly woman herself was unmoving and laying in a puddle of red around her. Pieces of glass stained in a crimson red colour were scattered everywhere.

"—!"

May wanted to voice her confusion, but her mouth could not utter a word. A flash of lightning went through her brain, pain searing her entire body. It was so intense that she almost passed out right there and then.

Looking down with her trembling vision, May could only stare in shock. An enormous piece of metal rode had pierced through her torso, going right through her body like a skewer.

She felt the warm liquid slowly seeping around her body. Was it her blood? Was it the blood from the elderly woman who sat in front of her? Or maybe it was the blood of the businessman sitting behind her, who was taking a small nap? She didn't know—there was blood everywhere.

May's vision was starting to turn blurry and the hissing sound that came from the front of the bus was growing distant. She could distinctively hear the sound of sirens blending in the background. But deep inside, she felt like it would be too late even if they arrived anyways. 

May couldn't do anything. She couldn't even reach for her cellphone to call her family—not that she knows where it landed amongst all the mess around her. All she could do was look at the moon shining brightly through the fragmented cracks of the broken windows. Ironic how in her dying moments and painful agony, the vision of the full moon amongst the backdrop of the glittering stars was the most beautiful view she had ever seen in her life. 

Maybe God had pitied her in her last moments and allowed her to die with this view. 

A tear fell from the corner of her eyes as her vision began to fade. She was scared—she didn't want to close her eyes and fall into the darkness. She would rather watch this beautiful view of the moon given to her in her last moments.

"I'm ... sorry," she tried to apologise to her unknowing family back at home. She was sorry she had to leave them behind without even saying goodbye. They will surely be devastated upon the news of her death. She didn't imagine that her last call before she boarded the bus would be the last time she spoke to them.

And then, with a strained gasp, May finally let go—her eyes remained opened until her very last breath.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"—Moon"

......

"—the Moon"

Hmm? Who's there?

"Child of the Moon"

Whose voice is this? It's so warm and gentle.

"I'm sorry, child of the moon"

This voice is weeping so sorrowfully. Did someone make them cry?

"I'm sorry to pull you away from the afterlife"

Afterlife? What do you mean ... afterlife?

"I'm not allowed to interfere, you see. I can only do this much. I beg of you, please save that world. P— please save him"

Save the world? Save him? What are you talking about?

"I—I have no right to ask this from you. But, you're the only one who can do this. Please .... save everyone"

I don't understand. Who are you asking me to save? I don't have the power to save anyone.

"You have to go now! Before they find us together, I need to send you there!"

Wait! You haven't answered my questi

24