chapter 1a — riell’s
284 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking Responsibility of The Duke's Daughter

· chapter 1a ·

{ riell's point of view }

×××

"How was it?"

Weiss put down the scissors from his hand and took off the hairdressing shawl surrounding my body. Looking at the mirror's reflection in front of me, my previously shoulder-length blonde hair had been trimmed into that of a man's haircut.

"It's perfect. Honestly, I never thought you would have this kind of talent."

I'm not petty with praises, it was true after all. The cut looked neat and fashionable, yet easy to move with. Was he a hairdresser in his previous life or something? Come to think of it, we rarely talk about our previous lives.

"It was nothing."

Weiss let out a proud laugh. "Be grateful, it's rare to find a friend like me that would cut your hair for free."

While holding my hair strands and inspecting the well-cut hair in front of the mirror, I curled my lips in dissatisfaction.

"... Didn't you told me to pay for your meals yesterday for this?"

"That was tips."

I held down the swear word that almost flew out from my mouth, instead, asked what I had been curious about for a while.

"Before, what did the old butler came here for?"

When Weiss was busy cutting my hair, the king's personal butler came here. Since I was not in the position to move, Weiss was the one who received him. He talked a bit with the butler that seemed impatient.

I was a little perplexed though, it took less than a minute before he returned to continue cutting my hair. However, Weiss's expression was quite tense at that time, so I thought it would be better to ask after he was done cutting my hair. Well, even though the butler told Weiss inside the room, I was quite far from the door, so I was unable to hear the butler's voice clearly.

At my question, Weiss's body stiffen, I could saw it from the mirror, his lips parted and he let out a strained laugh.

"... The Emperor asked our audience on today's dinner."

I widened my eyes in surprise and quickly turned my head. Now I knew why he seemed so troubled with this.

"Huh? The royal family? Today?"

My grey-haired friend sighed, his eyes landed on my body that took a great change in just one night. "He probably knew that you took the potion yesterday and want to see the result directly ...."

—After a good night's sleep, my body had changed as I expected. My muscles became slightly sturdier and I grew a few centimetres taller. I gained an adam apple and man's reproduction organ, while my woman-like features vanished. However, to my dismay, my face didn't change much and was still cute as a male.

But that was the more reason why that from other people's perspectives, it merely seemed like I got a boyish haircut, so I never thought it would be exposed this quickly ....

I planned to report to the Emperor myself, however not today. After all, I haven't know whether there would be side-effects or not, so I thought to report after a few days, after perfectly seeing that the potion was really safe.

I didn't thought he would be the one who find out first and summoned me instead. However, it was the Emperor, my shock gradually changed into panic.

I turned my head to look at the wall clock. Its short-hand needle pointed right at number four.

Thankfully, there were still two hours left before the dinner. If I was still a female, two hours would be a tight time to prepare, but thank God I already changed into a male ....

"... We should start to get ready."

Weiss, who also followed my gaze to the clock, nodded at my words, then after cleaning up a little bit inside the office with magic, we walked to the magicians dormitory near our work quarter side by side.

"Hey, Riell."

"What is it?"

Hearing the sudden question as both of us walked, I faced him while slightly tilting my head. His voice seemed kind of nervous, so I can't help but also become curious.

"Are you okay?"

....?

"We will meet the crown prince at dinner later, so ...."

Ah.

So that's what he meant.

"I'm fine."

I replied nonchalantly and shrugged. There was no lie in my answer, after all, I'm really fine. If there was anyone who need to prepare their heart, it should be the prince instead.

Weiss seemed to realize something from my answer and merely nodded as a response. A few minutes later, we arrived in front of the dormitory. Weiss's room is in second floor, however, my room is on the third floor, so he left after reaching second floor, as I went up to the stairs again.

There were only three rooms on the third floor, belongs to the most esteemed Imperial Magicians of the palace and I'm one of them. When I almost arrived in front of my room, I could see a palace maid standing outside the door with a big box on her hands.

I had received a lot of those kind of boxes in the past, it was no doubt that it would be another present.

But ... just who sent her? Was it the prince? Or the others?

As my steps grew near, the maid quickly noticed my presence and bowed down. Seeing how her eyes lit up in relief, it seemed like she had been waiting for a while. "Greetings to the honorable Imperial Magician."

I nodded, eyeing the size of the box. It seemed like .... a dress?

But I'm a man now, so giving it to me right now would be a waste .... still though, I can't return a gift so ....

"The Emperor had sent me to gave this to the honorable Imperial Magician."

At her explanation, I almost lost my composure, however I tried my best to control my expression and nodded, receiving the outstretched rectangular box with stiff hands. My heart though, throbbed due to expectation. After all, if it was the Emperor, then this gift ....

"Please send the Emperor my gratitute."

Hearing my reply, she nodded and excused herself, and at the moment she turned her back, I insert my key to the door and quickly went in. After closing the door and put down the present on the table, I started to unbox it.

—And looking at the gift after the lid was pulled up, I let out a small laugh.

Inside was a beautiful white male attire with golden lining, from top to bottom, even the shoes. I couldn't judge clothes properly, but at a glance, I instinctively knew that it was definitely expensive.

With this present, I'm one hundred percent sure—the Emperor definitely knew that I had become a male. Moreover, he seemed to support me and intended to make his own son heartbroken with letting me use this dazzling outfit. I can't believe it. Just what was the Emperor thinking?

"...."

Well, whatever.

It was useless to think about it right now. In an hour, I would meet the person in question so I could just ask him later if a chance arise.

... Now, what I need to do is prettify myself to surprise the prince.

{ chapter 1a end }

thank you for reading! there would only be chapter 1a & 1b, after that 2a & 2b and etc. I hope you enjoy and have a nice day!

15