Chapter 4
1.8k 8 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Unedited)

In the dark room where a dark figure with a viscous looking body approach the bed where Yao Zi laid and stare at her in silence. 

*cough*  *cough*

The little girl began to have a coughing fit, as if something terrible was clawing her throat.

Which caused the dark liquid like figure's point to bent, as if it was frowning at the sight of the little girl. Seeing her little face all scrunched up with pain while enduring pain unfit for any child.

Footsteps started to sound out from the distance. Which cause the dark figure to shake, and then began to cover the little girl with its slime like body. Encasing the little girl, causing her coughing fit to be more intense as she tries to gasp for air.  For what seem like a eternity of gasping for air ended in a short while, before the dark liquid with a tinge of green seeped in into the girls face orifices.

Leaving no evidence that a large liquid figure ever appear in the room, as the only difference was the wilted lily flower now dyed brown.

The door to Yao Zi's room was open quickly as the Yao Matriarch came rushing in, just to see her daughter sweating as her bed covering was pushed to the end of the bed. She came to the little girl side with the clan doctor soon arriving right after.

After a few minutes of diagnosing little Zi of her condition, the Yao Matriarch turn her head just to be in a daze. As she stare in disbelief at the hope her father, Grand Elder Bai, risk his life and lost his limbs over died. Blank minded at the thought of what would happen if her father finds out that the mysterious flower that should have brought a shinning hope be dashed away in less then a day before anything even began.

Feeling another tear breaching at the edge of her eyes, Yao Matriarch Yao Li was already distress from all of the events happening around her clan and her family condition. Adding on that her father's sacrifice would all be in vain frustrated her to no end.

Taking deep breath, as she steeled herself to try and find some sort of solace in these dark times.

"Matriarch, Young Miss Zi is just having another coughing fit, but if this continue any further..." Unsure of whether to give out bad news or not the clan doctor paused. "Go on, speak" Yao Matriarch spoke coldly, already near her breaking limit internally.

"If this illness continue any further, I'm afraid Young Miss Zi have less than a year. As the rotting has finally gotten past her Phoenix physic and started to infect her internal organs."

Clenching her fist where crackling were heard in the room, and her nails cutting into her palm. Blood slowly dripping from her hands down to the floor.

"Please leave the room Senior Fu Hua, I'd like some time alone with my daughter" Her facial expression said it all, as if hitting nothing but air while feeling frustrated.

Clan doctor Fu Hua bowed his head deeply in respect and bitterness as he closed the door on his way out.

A few minutes after the clan doctor left. The Yao Matri- no, the lady Yao Li leaned over and kiss on Yao Zi's forehead, uncaring if she may be infected by the illness her daughter have.

"My Dear little Zi, I'm sorry you have a useless mother who can't even raise you safely at home. I'm sorry that I can't give you a loving normal family. I'm sorry that you have to live in this world suffering before you can even begin to bloom." Tearfully pouring out her grievance, as she caress her child's face with the back of her hand that is not bloodied from her clenched fist.

After venting out what little tears she had left, she sober her eyes to stare into the future. Planning to do anything to keep the Yao clan her father made from falling apart, and finding a cure for her unfortunate daughter.

 

After a few hours past when Yao Li left Yao Zi's room.

Dark green lines started to pulse on Yao Zi's face. As if a flood of green liquid begins to flood her veins.

47