Chapter 20
1.1k 5 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after all the light died down, Shimmy appears floating above at the Yao Matriarch courtyard or what was left of it. With all the looming threats burnt to ashes, the Yao complex devastation could easily be seen. Some of the Yao clansmen could be seen staggering to stand up or prop themselves against something, which was a pitiful few compare to the many bodies lying motionless scatter across the Yao complex inside and out. Many of them did not feel relief from having to survive over the ordeal they've been put through, just clumps of emotion threatening to burst out from their chest. Looking around to see their people lying in a dried up puddle of blood, with eyes still open with regret in their last moments. 

No one knew who started it, but someone started crying out in grief at the sight of their dead family member. Which then began to resonate with all those near and spread out to those in the distance. Tears, grief, anger, regret, confusion, despair, and all kinds of feelings of loss. They may have survived a hard fought battle, but they can't say they were the winner either. None of them can feel good, when they see all the lost surrounding them. Their home burned in places, the walls broken all over, and the gains that don't exist. What was left living after the devastation that has been wrought in their life? Some of them even consider letting it go, others thought they were better off dying in battle. 

Then golden flake fell down in front of one such crying Yao member, causing her to pause and stretch out her hand to catch it. More and more golden flakes began falling down from the sky, each with a radiating glow. The people who caught the golden flake felt a small replenishing feeling being infused into their body causing some of them to gasp and many over to look towards the sky. In the sky, they saw their savior, the one who took care of all those who tried to harm them. Few felt relief of having a savior, many others felt frustrated instead. Wondering why their savior couldn't have come sooner to prevent this battle to the death, to prevent their loved ones from dying a meaningless death. 'WHY!' Was the thought of many of them wallowing in tears and painful heart. 

"Life Law: Regeneration + Resuscitate + Symbiote Seed" Shimmy opens wide his arms as if to embrace the world, he uttered those words. The night sky then began distorting for a bit then glow as if a river has form in the twilight sky. The glowing sky river then begins to rain down green light across Sunrise city. Mixing in the tears of those lost in grief staring in shock at the amazing phenomenon 

*GASP* *Cough* The same female Yao member who caught the first golden flake felt a movement in her hand, the hand which was holding onto her dead elder sister. Or who thought to be dead, as the lifeless pale skin on the body began twitching before spazzing out for a gasp of air.

"Elder Sister!" The female Yao member Yao Mi tears flooded out once more but this time in a feeling of pure bliss. The elder sister's hand lift up to defend herself and her little sister, found out how weak she became. Shocked was seen clearly in the elder sister eyes as she thought what was going on. Yao Mi's elder sister still trying to regulate her breathing looked around in confusion, with the death blow still fresh in her mind. She then remembers in her latest memory that she was dealt with a deadly blow to the head, smashing straight down to the floor with her eyes on her only little sister. Screaming silently with her eyes to run away and escape was her last thought before everything went dark. 

"I'm alive?" Weakly lifting one of hand that should have had a hole from being stabbed through with a sword, she saw only a white pearl skin with merely some dirt over it. The elder sister Yao Rui then saw the golden flakes, drawing her attention to the sky to see the amazing green river aurora phenomenon. Then she saw the green armor expert standing on air with his arm widespread. 'God?' 

"Ahhh" Tears of joys were erupting everywhere in the city. Those outside the Yao complex outside had also suffered from the onslaught of powerful clash of experts and the black serpent's creation. Some regular people had even 'died' in the unfortunate situation of having their roof caved in their house. Many of which cursed the practitioner from the irresponsible use of power, involving the innocent within the proximity. 

Using what time he had left, Shimmy then appear right in front of the Yao family trio, Yao Li, Yao Bai, and Yao Shi.

 

23