Chapter 12
1.3k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BOOM* Another large attack slammed against the Yao Clan formation, sending a painful feedback to the Yao Matriarch as she runs. Her direction was towards the Grand Elders dwelling area, as that is also where her parent decided to stay at. 

While the fate of clan weight heavily in her mind, the safety of Yao Zi outweigh it. As she knew that her child is still too young to even survive on her own, and especially with no one to depend on if everyone fall here. Yao Li started thinking that if everything fails, she'd have to ask her mother to take her child and rush through enemy lines. With her and her father as a decoy, it looks like the only feasible plan that'd seem the most likely success. 

Burn marks could be seen on over half her face, her long red beautiful hair burned down to a short messy pitiful blackish hair covered from ash and dirt. By reflex she was able to use some of the formation to take on a portion of the damage, she was still effected by the blast. Her robe burned in many places, while her wounds looks even worse. Taking in a sharp deep breath from the pain aching her and open wound bleeding out she got from the surprise attack. She was already having a difficult time just rushing out, going onward step by step with sheer will. 

"Damn Chen and Wuhan to hell, I'll take them down with me if I ever get the chance!" Gritting her teeth, the Yao Matriarch turned a corner and saw the Grand Elders housing just from a distance away.

*BOOM* Explosion and bright light suddenly flashes at the Grand Elders housing area. 

"They already infiltrated this far?" The sight made the Yao Matriarch heart grip tightly with anxiety. She then open the entrance door just to see her Mother Yao Shi clashing with another old man.

"Go to your father and check on him now!" Seeing that her daughter enter through the door, Yao Shi quickly spoke. Not even having time to notice how injured her own daughter was she order her. "I can hold assassin down on my own, GO!"

Listening how dire her mom was, Yao Li rush towards where her father was.

*Slam!* Just in time to see the clan doctor Fu Hua trying to stab a dagger into her father's throat.

'Flaming Sword Whip" Taking out her specialty made sword and imbue it with fire properties, she lashes the sword whip to Fu Hua. Wrapping the weapon under his weapon held arm's armpit towards his neck, pulling back viciously. The blade on the weapon dig deep into Fu Hua's flesh, causing him to scream out unbearably.

"You rotten TRAITOR, after ALL we've given to you. THIS is how you REPAY us?" With many things weighing her mind already, the Yao Matriarch unleash her wrath upon Fu Hua with no question ask.

Soon a charred corpse lay in the room, in chunk of meat pieces. 

Overwhelmed by her anger, she just now remember about her father's condition. "Father!" She ran to his side to check on his wounds, most of which had reopen due to his struggling. 

"Father" Her face already a mess, and tears running down on it made it more painful. The once mesmerizing ice cold fiery matriarch of Sunrise City, was reduce to a horrific monster like appearance crying in grief. 

Taking in deep breath from the hard fought struggle to defend himself with one and a half arm, a cripple leg, and what have seem to be paralyzing poison already running in his system.

"What is the situation going outside my little Li?"  He did not have the strength to lift up his head to see the monstrous scars that marred his beautiful daughter's face. Taking deep breath and slurring some of his word he ask his daughter. Not even forgetting to add some endearment when calling out his little girl.

Yao Li begins to tell her father of the perilous situation occurring outside with traitors running rampant inside and the Yao Clan rivals the Chen Clan stomping down on the Yao Clan formation. 

"Hahaha" *Cough* Yao Bai begins to laugh and cough out blood at the same time.

"The Heavens really want to see my Yao Clan gone hu?" Self mockery words seethe with venoms, as regret began flying through his mind. The day that he set out to break through the Nascent realm, just to unite the scattered Yao members. The day he help saved a man with cultivation disability and gave him a path in medicine. The day that he gave his cousin's children high positions because.... they were family. Family and friends he thought he could trust his back with. A back filled with cold ruthless daggers plugged deep and twisted with greed. 

31