Chapter 26
902 19 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Buh, isf mah falt sniff, every wahn got hurst sniff" Tears running down on Yao Zi's cheeks.

*Pui* Using a green appendage extension Shimmy patted Yao Zi's head. "Its not your fault that they got hurt. If anything you help saved your family." 

"Sniff" Yao Zi still rubbing her eyes with her hands, while having a disbelieving expression on her face. That maybe Shimmy was just trying to coax her while hiding all of the painful things from her. But even when she was stuck sick in bed she could tell that the smile on her mother was always forced. 

*Pui Pui* Being able to sense some of the depression due to his experience as a symbiote, Shimmy did not stop his patting. "If you were not sick, your family would not have found me. If you were not sick, the bad people would have come to hurt your family even more with no one to help you." Shimmy felt weird as he was never one to use to helping others from depression. He remember that whenever he'd feel depress, he'd just bottle it all up and vent it later, even his previous situation he'd just fill his hunger to vent like usual. But his host this time was in majority of control, so he thought to try and practice his non-existence speech skill.

"But hey, if you want to make sure no bad people can hurt your family again you need be stronger. Strong enough to stop baddies from bullying your family." Shimmy starting shooting off any words he could think of to distract the little girl, as the longer her emotion keeps getting more extreme he may also be affect by it. 

"Sniff, Strong? Stahp baddies?" Crying less Yao Zi's ears perk up a little bit.

*Pui Pu*"Y-yes, I mean yes stop baddies from doing bad things. Something like a superhero who saves people and stop bad people." Seeing a change in reaction in his host, Shimmy quickly grab the chance to shoot out words from his previous life. "Like how a person would dive into a burning house to save a stranger that they never met before."

"Waahhh" Yao Zi eyes start to shimmer as she listen to Shimmy. Soon putting the depressing feeling to the back of her mind while imagining a great senior diving into a blazing inferno to save people."

So time start flying by as Shimmy tell tales of some great men and women who done great selfless act with their meager mortal bodies. Of a man carrying his pregnant wife all the way to a clinic, of a person stopping bad people with their bare hands, and more until Yao Zi soon fell asleep. 

Shimmy saw the sleeping Yao princess and lift her up with multiple appendage extension to tuck her into bed. 

Shimmy then use tiny extensions of himself to look outside the room for anyone wandering by, he saw that there was not many people wandering around at this time. He proceed to crawl under Yao Zi's bed, using Yao Zi's bed sheets to cover his string connection to the little girl. 

'Hah, didn't think trying to cheer up little kids could be this exhausting. I don't remember it being this hard.' Blowing mental bubbles in his mind, Shimmy started to look at his upgrades available due to his regression. 'Symbiote Upgrade list'

New Available Skill

Body Clone, Energy Conversions, Corruption, Split Minds, Sharpen, Elastic, Camouflage, Divide, Mind Read, Belly Bag, Acid Fluid, Plant Growth Accelerate, Plant Growth Decelerate, Plant Mutation, Plant Strengthen, Plant Plague. 

Available skills Upgradable

Harden level 19, Symbiote seed level 7, Drain level 5, Transformation level 1, Take over level 1, 

New Available Passives

Appendage Movement Speed, Appendage Dexterity, Appendage Power, Appendage Toughness, Energy Conversions, Energy Absorption

Available Passives Upgradable

Regeneration level 2, Mind Processing level 8, Toughness level 32, 

 

Despite the high amount of points he received from slaughtering over two thousand people, Shimmy could only look despondently at the skill list he had available. Some of them were basic skills and passive available to him as a symbiote, while some were gain from him abusing his Divine Source power. Though he wanted to use more Divine Source to unlock more higher tier Symbiote skills, he stop himself as he knew this world was dangerous. First example was facing genocide at first moment notice finding his new host. Shimmy bite down hard in his mental world on a Deiqheyd while listening on squeal for mercy put a smile on his shimmery green face. 

'At least I got something to bite down now unlike my first time. Upgrade' Shimmy's green transparent blob started to shimmer slightly and tremble across the jiggly surface.

'FAKFDKLNFLANO, CHOMP, FDNOFNAOFN, CHOMP!' Shimmy's soul was being prick, tickle, stretch, and bent in all types of location. Filling a non stop shuttering moment that causes his green maw to constantly chatter over Deiqheyd and another handful of Chen clans souls including even the Chen Clan Ancestor Chen Hao. 

'CHOMP! Chomp, chomp. sigh, finally over. Always hated that weird giddy feeling, Life Law doesn't even help one bit with it. Although making other suffer with me does help distract my own suffering. Hah. Status check.

Symbiote Status Page

Symbiote: Shimmy (damaged)

Host: Yao Zi

Ki Energy source (Host): 3/3

Divine Source: 53/943 - (Natural recovery) 1.2/year

Symbiote Points (SP):  5,973 = (182,568,122 - 182,562,149)

Symbiote Skills: {Open tab}

Harden level 19, Symbiote seed level 99, Drain level 5, Transformation level 75, Take over level 1, Body Clone level 25(New!), Energy Conversions level 20(New!), Corruption level 15(New!), Take Over level 32(New!), Split Minds level 99(New!), Sharpen level 20(New!), Elastic level 20(New!), Camouflage level 40(New!), Divide level 40(New!), Mind Read level 30(New!), Belly Bag level 80(New!), Acid Fluid level 20(New!), Plant Growth Accelerate level 99(New!), Plant Growth Decelerate level 99(New!), Plant Mutation level 99(New!), Plant Strengthen level 99(New!), Plant Plague level 99(New!) 

Skill:(New!)(Level unable to determine, Change to Proficiency by realm)

Formation - High God, Life Law - Demi God, Plant Law - Demi God, 

Symbiote Passive: {Open tab}

Regeneration level 80, Mind Processing level 99 , Toughness level 32, Appendage Movement Speed level 70(New!), Appendage Dexterity level 70(New!), Appendage Power level 60(New!), Appendage Toughness level 30(New!), Energy Conversions level 60(New!), Energy Absorption level 60 (New!)

'Sigh, guess its back to grinding again.' Shimmy saw the large number of points wash down the drain sighed as he began spitting out tiny green blobs.

 

I'll change the text color to blue for upgrades changes on character status pages and red for any decrease. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

23