Familiars and New Peerage Members
587 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome to the next chapter everyone. We'll finally get to see what Issei gets as a familiar here as well as a surprise I have planned for this chapter, but you'll have to wait and see what it is. With that let's get onto the chapter. Couple things to add:

This story is based on FunahoMisaki's story Different Dxd and will be using some of The Ravenwolves own version of the story mixed in with my writing. I have gotten both of their permission before I started writing this.

Disclaimer: I do not own High School DxD. I don't own any of these characters, except for any OC's created specifically for this story, or coming over from my others.


"Hello there." Normal talk

'what in the world?' thinking

"[Boost]" DDraig talking

'[what now]' DDraig thinking

"Hey there." Tiamat talking

'what?' Tiamat thinking

And with that let's get on with the story.

 

As the group consisting of Issei, his peerage, and Sona got ready to make the jump to the Familiar Forest, Sona received a call for backup from her Bishop Momo who was out doing a contract.

"Sorry Issei, but it looks like I'm needed elsewhere. Go ahead and make your way to the forest, I'll catch up with everyone afterward." She said before seeing the look on Issei's face. "I know that look Issei, but I'll be fine. You should go with the group and get your familiars while the time is ripe."

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you in a bad situation where I might have helped." He said, having thought that Momo sounded like she might be in trouble.

Smiling at him as she knew how he was, she calmed his fears. "I'm sure. After the training we all went through I'm sure we'll be fine, she just needs help since she's more oriented towards defense magic." She said reminding him of that fact, so he decided to trust his fiancée for now.

"Ok, but don't be afraid to call me if you need assistance. I am your Rook after all." He said as he kissed her before she stepped away to use another teleportation circle.

As the group teleported to the familiar forest, everyone but Koneko who had been there before looked around amazed at the size of the forest they were in. Everywhere they looked there were massive trees and bushes as well as what sounded like what might be a creek nearby but couldn't be seen from where they were. While they were looking around, Koneko for her part called out her familiar and let it roam free for the time being.

Right as Issei was wondering where the person that they were supposed to meet was, the one who ran the familiar forest, they heard a noise to the side of them and looked over to see a man with a red baseball cap worn backwards, a green shirt, and a pair of jeans pop up out of nowhere. "Welcome welcome everyone! You must be the Hyoudou Peerage I was told to expect," getting a nod from Issei. "How many people are here to get a familiar?"

"Including myself, we have 6 needing a familiar."

"Interesting, interesting. What kind of familiar would each of you like to get."

"I want something cute and cuddly," Asia replied.

"I wouldn't mind something along the lines of a cat," Linze said.

"I think we'd both like a canine." The Kendo girls said.

"I don't honestly have a preference." Said both Issei and Elze.

"Well, those aren't too hard to find and we can start with the canines as they are the closest to our current area. If everyone will follow me we'll get this show underway." The master said as they followed him towards one area of the forest, with him having a conversation with Elze and Issei to help try and figure out a good familiar for them.

Issei for his part felt DDraig stir in the back of his mind as they kept walking. "[Hey partner. I feel an old presence I haven't felt in ages nearby here in the forest. Though I'm not too sure she'll be happy to see me, do you mind if we go see her before we leave the forest? My old dragon friend Tiamat is here.]" DDraig asked.

'Sure I don't mind.' He replied before making a decision. 'actually if you'll direct me to her, I'll go do it now and get it done.'

"[Sure.]"

"Hey Familiar Master, do you mind if I take a detour real quick? I'm the current wielder of the Boosted Gear and he's asked me to go talk to Tiamat." Getting a surprised look from the Master.

"I don't mind, just be mindful and don't get yourself hurt." He said surprised to hear that he had the latest Red Dragon Emperor with him tonight.

"Thank you, good sir. Koneko, if you would go ahead and help everyone else find a familiar." He requested getting a nod from the girl, as they split up.

Scene Skip

As they found the cave where Issei could feel the energy that had to be coming from Tiamat, he found a large pale blue dragon that was currently sleeping. Tiamat was a good-sized dragon, even with her wings folded in the cave was barely big enough for her frame. She had two sets of horns, one twisting and rolling like ram horns, and one set curved just enough not to stick straight up.

Issei hadn't realized that she had woken up due to still looking around, that he jumped when she spoke up. "Are you just going to keep standing there staring at me all day?" She asked yawning, having woken up from sensing his presence and another that she knew all too well. While she would have normally attacked anyone that came near her if she sensed DDraig on them, something about this boy stilled that reaction to her surprise.

"I'm sorry about that Tiamat, I hadn't realized you had woken up yet," Issei said, trying to be respectful and hoping he hadn't pissed her off as he could sense the enormous pressure coming off of her from her power.

"You're forgiven, though I wonder how I can sense DDraig on you, even though you seem different from any of his previous wielders I've come across." Not too sure what to think about what she could sense coming off of the boy.

"[You're right Tiamat, this boy is my host and is different from most as he isn't one that is power hungry.] DDraig made himself known as the Boosted Gear popped up on Issei's arm.

"Oh? Is he willing to help take the blame for you after you borrowed some of my treasures which then got destroyed in your fight against Albion?" She asked seeming to up the pressure that Issei was feeling coming off of her as he looked down at the Gear.

"So that's what you meant when she wouldn't be too happy to see you." He said not too sure what to think about what he had just heard, getting a nervous chuckle back before DDraig responded.

"[Actually, I was able to use some of my past hosts to find the pieces of the crown, and the one before this one got the grimoire back. I've just never had the chance to get them back to you.]" He said pointedly at her past transgressions of killing his hosts and getting a glare from her at the Gear as it glowed and dropped off the said items on the ground in front of the two.

Surprised at what DDraig had done, she none the less decided to drop the issue for now after making sure he wasn't lying. "Thank you. Though I would like to learn more about you boy. He seems both powerful and humble."

"From what I've come to understand, I was kidnapped as a baby from my cradle and they believe my genetics somehow got changed around enough to register me as a human supposedly in the Sacred Gear database which allowed me to obtain DDraig here, but I was born a full-blooded devil to Sirzechs and Grayfia." He mentioned, with Tiamat remembering hearing about something like that happening.

"I do remember hearing about the current Lucifer raising hell when his son was kidnapped. No wonder I can feel so much power coming off of you and you're not even using the Boosted Gear.

"[You're not wrong Tia. He's got to be the strongest host I've ever had. Even before he got turned back into a devil his ice magic was fighting against me for control of his body and making him sick, he could still boost up to twenty minutes before he reached his limit. And with his new body, there's no telling how far he can go in the future.]" DDraig said impressing Tiamat as she decided to make an offer to the boy.

Issei was surprised to see her start transforming in front of him, and even more so with her next words. "Well then, how about a proposition for you." Tiamat had the shape of an older human girl with pale blue hair going down to her shoulders and deep blue eyes that reminded him of the ocean. "How would you like to have a Dragon King as your familiar?" Surprising Issei.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to inconvenience you in any way by having you join me." He said not too sure what to think about the offer, but I would love it if it was possible. A Dragon King as a familiar? Anyone would be crazy not to take the offer when they are the ones making it.

"While your worries are touching, I'm sure. I've been in the forest for a long time, and I feel like with your power, you will be getting into plenty of interesting opportunities in the future." She said getting a nod from him as he prepared to do the ritual to make her his familiar. After they finished the ritual, he had a blue dragon head mark on his right shoulder, while she had one on her shoulder that looked like the normal magic circle that he used. With that, they got ready to get back to his peerage and check on their progress on getting their own familiars.

Scene Skip

Right as they teleported back to the group, they found that everyone besides Asia had found their familiar; Elze had gotten a red raven looking bird, Linze got a Siamese looking black cat, and the Kendo girls both smaller looking dogs, black for Kaori, White for Yui, but that was about to change as Asia saw something off to the side.

Asia POV

Having not seen anything that I felt like would fit me as a familiar yet, I was beginning to feel down but I didn't count myself out for the count yet.

Right after Issei came back and let us know what happened on his end, I happened to look off to the side and saw a flash of blue in a tree, which I recognized as a dragon after turning my full gaze to it. "Hey, guys," I called out getting everyone's attention. "Look up high over there." Getting a shocked look from the Familiar Master as he saw what I had found.

"Well well, you've found an extremely rare find there, miss. That's a sprite dragon and you don't see many of them in the forest." He said getting a look of shock. "If you want to capture that one as a familiar, I would do it now as they are untamable as an adult."

Tiamat stepped up at this point too and gave some more information. "He's right, even with as long as I've lived in this forest, I've only seen a handful myself. Their main ability is lightning attacks but can be useful to help defend against weaker opponents." She said, though thinking something felt off about Asia but couldn't quite tell what it was.

As the group was talking excitedly behind me about the rare find, I felt myself being drawn towards the little dragon as if something inside of me was pushing me to take it as my familiar, I took my chances and moved towards it and getting the dragon to notice our presence and turned to look at us before looking at me with curiosity.

Right as I was going to ask the Familiar Master or Tiamat about what I should do next, the Sprite Dragon flew down towards us yelling 'Rah!' gaining a gasp from everyone as we weren't sure what was going on with him, though I became more surprised than anything when he flew up to me and started to nuzzle its face against mine. "Uhm, can someone please explain what might be going on here?" I asked starting to get a little worried, though it was also starting to tickle and I did my best to keep from laughing, as I didn't want to scare the sprite, though I did let out a little giggle as I reached up with my hands to see what would happen.

Both the Familiar Master and Tiamat were surprised at what was going on with the little dragon, though the Master did get words out first. "It seems like the little dragon has taken a liking to you. I would suggest making it your familiar now, as I think you've found yours." He said getting a nod from everyone as the dragon landed in my hands and I set him down to do the ritual like I had been shown.

Normal POV

After Asia completed the ritual, the dragon flew up into her arms and let her hold him. "Good for you Asia. I'm glad everyone was able to get their own familiars tonight." Issei said as he looked around at everyone to make sure everything was in order, but before he could say or do anything else, the sprite yelled 'rah!' once more before flying over to Issei and doing the same thing he had done to Asia in the beginning surprising everyone there.

"Well, this is unexpected." The Familiar Master said as he tried to step towards Issei to get a better look only to get zapped by the little guy. "Well that just proved my point I was about to say, but normally these guys don't like other males and will do exactly what he did to me. What changed I wonder."

Tiamat had the same thoughts, but had a guess though as Asia stepped over to Issei, not sure what was going on. "It may be due to it sensing DDraig on Issei and he chose to accept him?" Giving a guess for now, though the Master couldn't fault the guess as he had no clue himself.

Asia, who couldn't help but feel elated at what the small dragon had done, she had started having a small crush on Issei the more she got to know him, decided on a name for the dragon. "I think I'll name it Rassei after what it yells out and Issei." She shyly said as she let the dragon go back to her, hugging it, while Issei had a stunned look on his face having recognized what the name signified though didn't mind too much either as he prepared a teleportation circle to get them out of the forest.

"Thanks for all your help today. It was fun, but we need to be getting back." He said getting a wave of goodbye from the Familiar Master as they teleported to the Council office, with Issei hoping to get some time with Sona before they went to sleep, and figured he'd start looking for her there since that's where they split up.

What he wasn't expecting to see was that Sona was talking to two new faces in the office, though he thought he recognized them, if nothing else had probly seen them around school since they had Kuoh Academy clothes on, and surprised the new girls as the group came back.

Sona was glad to see the group back and seemingly in a good mood. "Welcome back everyone. I just was giving these two a quick briefing on the supernatural. As you know, I got called away to help Momo who when she reached her contract realized there was a vampire in the same apartment building trying to attack these girls and called for assistance." Getting a nod from Issei as he went ahead and dismissed his group and let them go on their way as he moved over to Sona.

"I still could have come with you but I'm glad that everyone is safe." He said wanting to say more but decided to leave it be after seeing they were fine right as one of the girls spoke up making both of them turn towards the two.

"Uhm, I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but if you don't mind me asking why are you telling us any of this? We're both just normal girls here without anything special to us." one of the girls asked. She was a first-year girl with long dark brown hair in twin ponytails named Ruruko Nimura. Right as Sona was going to answer the other girl stepped in first. The second girl, Tomoe Meguri was a second-year with shoulder-length reddish-brown hair with swept bangs and a single strand of hair standing up.

"Sorry Ruruko, but that vampire might have actually been there targeting me. My family has known and been a part of the supernatural in the fact that we exorcise demons, which are different then devils just in case you might wonder, so it's very possible the vampire knew or realized I was a Meguri and attacked me and you happened to get caught in the crossfire. It's also possible it was one of those wrong place at the wrong time situations." She said surprising the group still in the room, though Sona quickly realized that she had heard about the Meguri family and their abilities, but hadn't ever realized that Tomoe was one of them.

"I feel like I should be mad about you hiding something like this from me, but I can also understand why. Though I'm still not sure on why you would tell me any of this. I'm not special in any way."

"Wait you're not mad at me for what happened? Even if I was possibly the reason we were attacked?"

"Not really. Like you said it could have been just bad luck on our part or he could have been attacking you, but I'm not going to blame you for what your family does as a living. Families with jobs like that always have enemies."

"Thanks, Ruru. I'm glad that you aren't mad at me." Tomoe said before Sona stepped up to answer Ruruko's earlier question.

"To answer your earlier question, you don't have to be special to be helpful. Just knowing about the supernatural means that you can help keep incidents like that from happening again. Just with the knowledge you'll be able to be more aware and help better with situations in the future." She said getting a nod from Issei as they had both sat down at her desk by now.

"Ok, but like I said what can I do? I don't know how to fight and I wasn't able to do anything to help in the situation earlier."

"Don't forget I wasn't able to save us either."

"True but you were able to at least help, which was more than I could do."

"Yes, but it wasn't enough," Tomoe said sounding more annoyed than anything before turning to Sona. "Kaichou, I saw how you were able to defeat the vampire easily, and I know how devil peerages work… Would you be willing to add me to your peerage." She requested before bowing to Sona and after a moment's thought, Ruruko asked the same thing.

Surprised at what had just happened, she wanted to make sure Ruruko wanted to join them. She could understand where Tomoe was coming from but wasn't sure about the other girl. Before asking her, she turned to Issei to get his thoughts, and he just shrugged his shoulders saying it was her choice in the matter.

Sure she'd be getting another peerage member, but it was also one that knew nothing about the supernatural before today, though she was wanting to do it of her own volition. "Are you sure Nimura? Once you make this decision there is no turning back." Getting a serious nod back from the girl.

"Thank you for the concern, but I'm sure. If it means being able to help Tomoe and anyone else, then I'm willing to do it." She said with conviction and allowing Sona to understand she did know what she was doing and was ok with it.

Pulling out her Evil Pieces, Sona thought about what piece to use on the girls. Remembering that Tomoe was using a sword to try and help defend the group when Sona got there, she pulled out a Knight piece for her, and since there wasn't anything really special for Ruruko just pulled out a Pawn piece, willing to accept the girl.

Ordering the girls to lie down on the ground, she placed the pieces on their chests and did the chant to add them to her peerage, getting a welcome from the group that was still in the office, mainly those that lived at Issei's house and had decided to wait on Sona and Issei to head home. "That's all we'll do tonight. Come back tomorrow and we'll go over more of the current situation with the supernatural and get started on your training." She said getting a nod of acceptance from the two as everyone got ready to leave.

"Well, that went well all things considered," Issei said as he reached for her hand as the group got packed up and made their way back to his house.

"I agree, and we even got more members which I honestly wasn't expecting when I brought them back to the office. Right now I'm just ready to get home and cuddle for the night." Sona said squeezing his hand as they walked towards his house, blushing at her words as the rest of the group laughed at her.

"I agree. We'll see everyone tomorrow." Issei said as they reached his house and bid good night to the rest of the group.

 

And that's the end of the chapter. We've now seen what familiar Issei has gotten and a little surprise in that Rassei has seemingly accepted him as well, though I did not have it be a duel contract with both Issei and Asia having access to the contract, which I've seen before in another story. Couple things:

Finally, get to see some more peerage members for Sona coming in. I still have to figure out who else I'm going to add to her peerage and how though.

The next chapter will be the start of the Riser Arc, and seeing another new (old) face make an appearance within the story.

While I'm not bashing Rias anymore, like I've said before I never planned on it being a full story deal, the story will more focus on Issei and Sona and their respective peerages, and I'll be fitting in Rias and hers when I need to for the story. Nothing against her or her peerage, they just aren't the main focus for the story.

I know this is a ways away but I already have planned on how I'm going to handle when Asia deals with her past and how she got excommunicated and it should be both interesting and something new, since I've seen it in only one other story before and already got permission to use it in mine. If you want a spoiler just pm me and I'll fill you in.

Feel free to join my personal discord server if you want for my stories: use the code zwJu3MZ to get in.

And with that until next chapter.

 

 

8