Chapter 3: Taming the Spirits
909 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gaia separated from Helios — her foot slipped on the dry ground.

Helios caught her hand and helped her up. She released a long sigh and patted her chest.

"Thanks. Shirou, what will you do now?"

What would he do now?

"I want to get out of this filthy body ASAP!"

Helios preferred a filthy Devil father over being Zeus's son. He hated the Satans for killing him, but Zeus's very existence touched his nerves.

"So Shirou wants to reincarnate again?"

"I will ask you later. For now, I have something more important." He turned to the forest. "That forest has spirits, right?"

"Yes, there are many species of fairies residing in the center of this forest."

"Also, where am I? What year is this? And what the fuck is happening in the world?"

"Let me check."

Gaia closed her eyes and spread her senses. She possessed nigh omniscience—the power to see everything in this world except the places isolated using magic.

"This is the 7th century. The land we are standing on is Britain and the world is embroiled in wars. The three factions are still hostile against each other."

"I am far from Greece. That's a plus." He cupped his chin with a thoughtful expression. "Now, I plan to create a magic system for my future self. It won't be easy but I will get the fairies' help."

Helios's life as Sun God was messed up. Riding his golden chariot from dawn till dusk. His divinity couldn't compel him, but he had to do it, or else he would lose people's faith.

And how much he hated the damned system of God and their faith power—every God's powers were limited by human's faith in them.

Helios had a permanent title that limited his power according to people's faith. So, unless he went around making people his followers, which would incur Zeus's wrath, he had no chance of getting stronger as a God. He was far past the line of stressing over death since Gaia would reincarnate him again but not his sister. She would end up as a plaything of some God or Monster.

Still, his time as Helios wasn't wasted since he got to learn a lot about other races from the other Gods, created theories on a magic system, borrowed some weapons from Hephaestus, and rescued an Earth Goddess who was about to become a monstrosity.

Olympus is fucked up… at least I managed to save her from Athena's madness.

He felt a bit apologetic for leaving without informing her. The violet-haired girl followed him around like a maid.

I hope she's alright after I left.

"I-I will return to the world's core."

Gaia's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Alright."

Gaia stepped closer, stood on her toes, and touched his forehead with her lips.

<You have received Gaia’s affectionate blessing.>

Attack power increased by 35%, MP and HP regeneration doubled for 2 hours.

Gaia waved her hand with a sweet smile before her figure faded. 

He shook his head and added all 10 points to his INT.

"It's time to tame some fairies."

At that time, Helios had no idea how much this evil plan would turn the world upside down in the future.

***

<You gained 250XP for discovering a new location ‘Brocéliande’.>

Brocéliande – A magical forest occupied by many species of fairies. located in Britain.

Ruler – ??

Population – ?

As Helios stepped inside the forest, a prompt interrupted him.

"Hah? I need to find the ruler here."

Helios whistled along the path, ignoring the spirits and fairies creeping around him—some peeked their translucent heads out of the trees, branches, bushes—the reason for this was his mana. Since he was contracted to Gaia, his mana had become the purest and closest to the world itself—a pure delicacy for nature spirits.

Brought to life by the world itself, 'Nature Spirits' were manifestations of nature. Even an aged tree can have their spirits manifested like those treants.

Their existence couldn't be perceived unless someone used magic spells.

With enough time and mana, normal spirits could evolve and obtain physical forms into higher forms—Lesser Spirits, Greater Spirit, and Divine Spirits.

Yet, the vast majority of them failed to obtain a physical body.

Helios's 'Gaia's Blessing' skill exposed the spirits and made them unable to harm him. Unless they were God-Class, no spirits would be hostile against him.

Still, he had no desire to kill them and level up in this life; only learning the Fae language with the help of some high-level Elemental and creating some unique spells—almost all of them were hundreds of years old and very knowledgeable in magic.

The human race had no standard system for magic. The rare magicians who created spells never bothered to share in fear the others brand them as witches or demons and hang them on stakes—hearing about them always infuriated him. The devils and fallen angels were aiming for the world's domination and here humans, the weakest of them, were fighting among themselves.

Helios wouldn't be a surprise if the devils and fallen angels already wrapped some of the human nations around their fingers.

He stopped in his tracks, turned around, and gestured at the bunch trailing him.

"Come here."

The spirits hid behind whatever they could find. Several moments later, a few tried to sneak a peek.

Helios couldn't help but chuckle as he created a ball of pure mana capable of reducing the time these spirits took to evolve.

It was only after minutes that the first one decided to take the bait. Her tiny translucent wings fluttered as she approached and flew around; her green beady eyes fixated on the mana ball floating above his finger.

It was a fist-sized winged Lesser Spirit!

<Lesser Spirit>

<Lv 6>

“Want it?” Helios asked and faked a kind smile.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned Poker face (Passive skill)>

<The skill level is 46. Even miracles are unable to affect your calm facade>

“C’mon. You can have it.”

She gulped audibly and slowly approached. Helios maintained his smile while the fairy reached out and hugged the mana ball with her body.

“Eiiiii!”

She yelped and flapped her wings, trying to support the weight of mana. As spiritual beings, they could touch the intangible mana—something impossible for most of the races.

The ball dragged her to the ground. She opened her mouth and took a large bite out of it. The ball of mana gradually disappeared. She floated there, patting her stomach.

Helios squatted and poked her face with his finger coated in mana. She nuzzled closer to his finger.

“You will be called Sylvia from now on.”

Seeing her pure loyalty, Helios decided to name her. If this fairy accepts then they will enter a pact with mutual benefits.

She looked up and nodded her head, accepting without any terms.

<You have met the requirements to obtain Spirit Pact (Active skill). Costs 10MP at activation. If successful, uses 100MP to create a vessel for the spirit.>

<You have subordinated the ‘Lesser Spirit’ Sylvia.>

Wow, an unexpected boon.

The skill already activated itself and consumed a small amount of his mana. A bright glow enveloped Sylvia.

She was already evolving!

The other fairies shot envious glares toward her. These little demons were number one when it came to mischief.

“Come get it.”

Helios baited more and more fairies.

After two hours, a dozen spirits surrounded him, tickling every part of his body. Most of them were fairy-type like Sylvia and had evolved into Lesser Elementals.

“Oi, stop it!”

The spirits stopped messing around. Although a bright mischievous grin was evident on their face.

<Subordinated 101 Fairies. You have fulfilled one of the conditions to unlock [Ruler of Fey] Class>

Conditions left to fulfill: Subordinate 1001 Fairies (101/1001), ??

A wild class appeared!

Thousand and one fairies. I will try.

Every class upgrade gave at least one unique skill or evolved any common skill to a unique rank. The skills varied in three categories–one was Common skill learnable with actions like poker face skill.

Next was Unique skill. Gaining any of them meant grasping the essence of the skill. For example, his Holy flavour of destruction skill, the pinnacle of light element skill was refined after slaying thousands of enemies with Evil alignment.

The last and most powerful, Authority ranked skills — the pinnacle of skills and similar to the Authorities Gods possessed. They could bend the world laws to achieve its purpose.

“Lord, what are our orders?”

A cute childish voice interrupted his thoughts. The one who spoke was Sylvia. She had gained the ability to speak after her evolution. Her size had also increased considerably—at least twice!

22