Chapter 4: Lady of the Lake
864 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Helios calmed the elementals and concentrated on the text above Sylvia’s head.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned the skill Observe (Active)>

<The skill level is Max. You can view more details on a person>

 

<Sylvia (Female)>

Titles – Guardian’s first servant

Level – 14

Race – Lesser Elemental (Sylph)

Rank – None

Class – None

Alignment – Chaotic Good

<Parameters>

HP – 110/110

MP – 210/210

STR – 7

AGI – 19

INT – 42

VIT – 11

WIS – 32

<Skills>

Elemental physique Lv 14 (Passive skill): Reaching max level evolves grants a unique elemental body.

Wind Manipulation Lv 3 (Passive skill): The power to manipulate wind using mana.

Not bad. She evolved into a Sylph, the spirit with wind affinity.

Her tiny body certainly packed a punch.

Helios poked her. “Hey, can you guide me to the ruler of this forest or the strongest Fae here?”

They all tilted their head before their expression twisted.

“I-I… will do it for the Lord!” shouted Sylvia in a determined voice.

Helios couldn’t help but ask, “Are they that scary?”

“Lake lady is kind but scary.”

“Yeah.”

“She is beautiful.”

Everyone else agreed with Sylvia.

Lady of the Lake…

Helios remembered this title from somewhere. With all the random reincarnations, the timeline in his head was jumbled up. He just hoped that his next reincarnation would happen in this or next century, not in some far future where Satans died. He wanted to rip their hearts out with his own hands and let them suffer before harvesting their lifeforce as XP.

Just the thought fetched a grin to his face, freezing the elementals on their spot.

“Now, let's go?”

“Yes, Lord!”

Disregarding her extreme way of addressing me, Helios strode on the single path in the forest—the same path leading toward the center of the forest.

The elementals—his new servants pestered him on the way. Fed up by them, he ordered them to stay away. Tearing up, they scattered in all directions. He released a sigh and urged Sylvia.

Several minutes later, the rows of trees ended, and twinkling blue water appeared. Helios bolted toward the lake and splashed the cool water on his face.

“Finally, I can bathe. It’s been days since I took one.”

He threw away his ragged clothes and dove into the water.

Amazing...

He relished the feeling of cold water brushing his body.

“Lord, don't! You would anger her.”

Helios turned a blind eye to Sylvia’s chiding and rubbed his body clean. He didn't fear some Lady of the Lake.

While Helios enjoyed his bath, at the bottom of the sea, inside a castle, a woman propped her head on an elbow. Leaning against the throne, she furrowed her brows.

“How did someone get here?”

Her soft voice was unaffected by the water all around her.

“Weaklings. Can't even keep humans away,” she said and her figure blended into the water.

Back on the surface, the water behind Helios twirled soundlessly and formed a woman’s figure. She waved her hand and the water floated, wrapping her body—turning it into a white robe.

The woman raised her chin and stared at Helios’s back with her blue eyes shining like jewels.

However, in the next moment, she flinched as her eyes grew wider.

“Impossible…”

Helios turned around and discovered a woman. Her wet black hair clung to her white robe with a ring made of leaves crowning her head. Her aquamarine eyes stared at him in shock.

Sensing her intense aura, a frown appeared on his face. Like spirits, she had an ethereal aura around her. However, she was something more.

<Vivienne (Female)>

Title – Wounded Sea Goddess

Level – 295

Race – Greater Spirit

Rank – Divine Apostle (3x HP and MP)

Class – Enchanter (High-Tier)

Alignment – Lawful Good

<Parameters>

HP – 15010/20100

MP – 8300/8685

STR – 210

AGI – 390

INT – 579

VIT – 670

WIS – 479

Oh shit! I even pissed in her domain! She is going to kill me.

This wasn't the Lady of the Lake he expected. Even in her wounded state, she could knock the Satans senseless with ease. The strongest Satan Lucifer was only Lv 270.

His plan to manipulate fairies was about to backfire!

However, he still had a trump card to even cook God alive!

Helios adopted a poker face. “You are the Lady of the Lake?”

Vivienne crossed her arms on her chest, curious how Helios got to know her name. “So what if I am? That won’t save you from your impending death.”

“I want to make a deal.”

Helios tried a friendly approach, unwilling to use his trump card. Activating that Authority would attract the dangerous creature called ‘Sister’ and ruin his peaceful life.

“What can a brat like you even do? I will forgive you for this once. So make haste and cherish this life of yours,” Vivienne said and waved her hand. “Disappear from my sight.”

Though Vivienne revered the one whose scent was all over Helios, her pride as a Divine Spirit refused to bear a human’s presence in her domain.

Helios furrowed his brow. Vivienne’s high and mighty act ticked him off. He would have one-shotted a Goddess like her if he were Helios—the pride of the Sun God remained rooted in his bones.

“Do you not hear me?” Vivienne scrunched her nose. “Your smell is bothering me.”

Helios, who used to be the most sought after God in Olympus. Many goddesses waited outside his workshop just to meet him.

“Little goddess, you have officially pissed me off.”

“What did you say?” Her eyes turned colder. “Little goddess?”

“I never heard of any water goddess called Vivienne. Are you not some minor goddess?”

Vivienne gritted her teeth, her eyes blazing with fury. “I won’t forgive you even if you are her son!”

“I have a mom now?”

Vivienne waved her hand in response. The water rose and formed three blades. 

Oh crap!

Helios leaped out of the river, dodging the blades that could rip him apart.

Fighting Vivienne in her domain was the same as asking for death.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned the skill Battle instinct (Passive)>

<The skill level is 78. You can sense the dangers and intuit the attacks of your opponent>

Vivienne spread her arms wide and imposed her authority on the sea. The water floated, towering her figure, and conjured hundreds of water blades.

“Lord! Please run, I will fight!”

Sylvia appeared before Helios, her small back looked as if she was ready to sacrifice herself.

Helios closed his eyes. He had no choice now.

He dove deep into his consciousness and a golden sphere spewing waves of magma materialized before him; its radiance not losing to the sun by one bit—this fragment of divinity had remained with him even after his reincarnation.

Forcing his willpower to the extreme, he ordered, “Awaken!”

The star erupted with a blinding light and sent him back to reality.

<Active skill: Sun God’s Authority activated>

<Partial deification: Sun God achieved. VIT +300, INT +230,  STR +150, AGI +150.>

<Caution: Your body can only endure it for 120 seconds>

Helios felt the power surging through his body and covering him from head to toe in an armor—his divine armament.

Vivienne pointed her trembling finger at him, her eyes filled with fear—his aura flared up, increasing the surrounding temperature.

Helios snapped his fingers and a volley of fireballs surged behind me. These fireballs were formed from the fiercest yang fire. He balled his fists and summoned a fiery whip in both hands.

“W-Wait!” Vivienne panicked. “A-Are you the Greek God who went missing a seven thousand years ago?”

Helios narrowed his eyes and swung the whips. Incinerating water on their way, the whips coiled around her neck and waist. Vivienne tried to summon the lake water to extinguish the fire but none could reach before it vaporized. His stats were still lower than her but Authority wise, he triumphed over her.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned the skill Whip Mastery (Passive)>
<The skill level is 24. Attack power is increased by 12% when using whip-class weapons and attack is increased by 6%>

I forgot I used to use whips to torture the devils.

“Are you ready to die?” Helios uttered each word in an equally cold tone.

“Let’s sort this out. I don’t want to face the Sun God in combat!” Vivianne asked, her voice shaking as she tried to remove the whips. “Spare me. I would do anything.”

An evil grin stretched across his lips. “Anything? Then be my slave.”

Vivienne flinched and looked at the whips almost melting her magic defense, all thanks to Helios holding back his full power.

Vivienne let out a deep sigh. “I have one condition.”

Helios loosened the bindings and gave her a meaningful glance. “Spit it out or die.”

“I have to fulfill my destiny here.”

Vivienne raised her hands and a sword fell in her hands.

A sword with a hilt of royal blue and golden color. On the base of its faint golden blade, various distinct letters were carved, giving it a far more mysterious look.

Helios’s jaw almost dropped to the ground as he pointed at the sword.

“Excalibur?!”

19