Xue Yang (ii)
2.7k 3 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping out of the armored vehicle, Feng Xinya found himself in one of the most prosperous and popular red-light districts in B country since it was Shadow's main base of operations. As his handsome figure left the car, many eyes stared greedily and lustfully at his visibly muscular body and flawless face, add to the fact that he just stepped out of a registered armored vehicle that was bound to be worth more than just money, he was the perfect customer for both the prostitutes, brothel owners, and black-market dealers.

Feng Xinya's thin lips pursed into a tight line, his cold hazel eyes narrowing dangerously as he swept them across those who couldn't keep their ogling to themselves. He was tall and imposing, giving off an immense pressure especially with his dark gray collared shirt that only accentuated his toned torso, the sleeves rolled up to just below his elbow leaving the muscles and veins on his forearms visible in all their glory, and his black trousers hugged thighs that were bursting with power as he stood solemnly. His short hair was pitch black and his bangs were parted to the left and pulled back carelessly so that some strands fell over his forehead.

A brazen prostitute who couldn't feel the don't-fuck-with-me vibes that Feng Xinya was clearly emitting walked up to him and coquettishly rubbed her soft and seductive body against his, smashing her breasts that were practically popping out from her low-cut sad excuse of a dress against his bare forearms. Her perfume was overwhelming, and her face was caked with so much makeup that it was impossible to even see her real skin under that mask.

"Hey, handsome~ You look pent up~ Why don't we--ahhn~"

Unable to put up with her obnoxious behavior and putrid smell any longer, Feng Xinya roughly shoved the prostitute onto the ground before brushing off the areas she touched as if he'd been contaminated with an infectious disease. Even though his face was still as impassive and cold as ever, his eyes held obvious disgust and distaste as he left for his destination without even glancing back. The other prostitutes who were initially jealous of the broad were now snorting disdainfully at her and throwing jeering remarks as she still sat on the floor looking incredulously towards the direction Feng Xinya had left.

Feng Xinya finally stopped in front of a large building that had a very eye-catching sign lit up on it; a bright red spider lily above the two words, "Hade's Palace." He knew from the original's memories that this was the right place, so he strode right in.

Instantly, an intoxicating scent filled his nose. It wasn't like the overly strong perfume of the prostitute from before, but rather it was more mellow and seemed easy to get addicted to.

He was suddenly reminded of his original world where he had to drink that guy's repulsive blood every week or he'd have withdrawals that were unbearable even for a member of the Feng clan who could manipulate their entire skeletal structure so that torture was virtually useless on them since aside from the flesh wounds nothing else was particularly painful or lethal. Having suddenly recalled such unpleasant memories, the air around him cooled down to the negatives rendering the receptionist who was just about to greet him frozen on the spot in fear. When she regained her composure, the normally professional receptionist couldn't keep herself from stuttering as she tried to receive him as a guest.

"H-hello, sir. Do you have a re-reservation..."

She was cut off by Feng Xinya striding past her desk and further into the building as if she didn't exist. The poor lady only came to her senses once again when she realized that without properly identifying himself, the man could definitely not enter otherwise her boss would have her head!

"U-um, sir! Please wait! You can't just go in ther--"

As she turned around and attempted to grab Feng Xinya before he could go any farther into the premises, she was suddenly met with his chillingly cold and ruthless gaze. She immediately retracted her hands before they could be chopped off of her limbs. For some reason, she felt an unspeakable horror when she looked into his bottomless eyes. Her trembling became more pronounced, even when she tried to stop her hands from shaking by holding them together they wouldn't calm down.

Before the receptionist knew it, she was already on her knees watching the back of the dangerous man disappearing as he ventured further into the brothel.

Left with no other choice, she could only grit her teeth and run back to her desk. She hastily picked up the phone and dialed a number, "We have a problem. Send security. There's an intruder."

Aware that his time was now limited, Feng Xinya slightly picked up his pace and proceeded to head to the back of the building where the basement was located.

When he arrived, he was met with the scene of disorder where there were two teenagers confronting a gang of giant and built men practically twice their size.

The foremost boy directly in the attack range of the thugs had short and fluffy, light ash brown hair and big, bright blue-green eyes framed by long and soft lashes as he glared vehemently at the larger men in front of him. His skin was a healthy light peachy color, letting Feng Xinya know this was probably the protagonist and his target as someone held captive for such a long time would not have such translucent and radiant skin. He also had the original Feng Xinya's memories of the boy to go by.

On the other hand, the boy a few feet behind him seemed more like a long-time captive with his sickly pale white skin that was practically sinking into his bones. His pale blonde hair was slightly overgrown, crusty, and messy so that they veiled his opaque green eyes, which weren't as bright and clear as the protagonist's. Despite that fact, they were still strangely captivating. His frail figure seemed as if he could be blown away with just a slight gust of the wind, yet there was an engraved air of elegance that surrounded him which could not be suppressed by his current condition.

Feng Xinya pulled from the original's memory the identity of the other boy. He was just a cannon fodder who, by the time the original had appeared to save the protagonist, had already died pushing the protagonist out of the way when one of the thugs had an outburst of violence after being provoked by said protagonist. In the end, the other boy was just a nameless character who died in order to provide time for the original to save the protagonist.

The boy wasn't dead yet, which made sense since Feng Xinya had arrived a few minutes faster than the original did. He didn't have the luxury to care either, as his time was limited if he wanted to smoothly rescue the protagonist.

A cold and unfeeling pair of hazel eyes met with a pair of calm, calculating pale green eyes.

No one aside from the nameless cannon fodder seemed to have noticed his presence as they were so immersed in their squabble. Even though his presence was known, the cannon fodder remained perceptively silent, his gaze holding an unspoken threat,

"If you leave me here, I will make it hard for you to leave unscathed."

He seemed to have guessed that Feng Xinya was not there for him, but only the other boy. It wasn't hard to guess, since he must have been held for years with no hope of getting out, while the protagonist was only there for a few days and someone was already there to take him out.

Feng Xinya retracted his gaze and directed it towards the large figure that was quickly heading in the direction of the protagonist with a sharp knife as he yelled in anger,

"You damn brat! If I don't teach you a lesson today, my last name isn't Shen!"

The protagonist quickly recoiled and tried to jump behind the other boy who was noticeably shorter and thinner than him due to malnutrition for a long period of time. He also shut his eyes tightly, awaiting the pain of being stabbed by the knife while the other boy who had inadvertently become his shield didn't even react in the slightest. He didn't blink, twitch, or cower as if the one who was going to be injured wasn't him.

The anticipated moment didn't come.

The sound of the air being sliced could be heard moments before the attacker fell to the floor lifeless, a nondescript and seemingly unremarkable black-coated tactical knife impaled into the side of his head; jutting unsightly from his right ear. The throw and kill were so quick that no blood was spilt.

"W-what the hell?"

"Who is it?!"

"You!"

By the time anyone realized what happened, Feng Xinya was already in front of the two boys. He quickly grabbed both of them by their slim waists and hoisted them up, carrying them both by his waist like two bags of rice before running out of the room through the way he came from.

Of course, he knew not to leave from the front entrance of the brothel since that receptionist most likely already had some form or security waiting for him. So, he kicked down a room's door, indifferent to the screams of the two naked prostitutes servicing the man on the table as well as that naked man's curses and profanities.

He ran through the room and quickly jumped out of the window backwards since they were only on the first floor anyway, shielding the glass shards from both boys as efficiently as possible and cushioning their fall as he landed on his back with them now on top of him. Then he speedily rolled to get back on his feet, heading back to the direction of his car.

It didn't take much time as he had planned which room to intrude on from the moment he passed it by on his way to the basement earlier and had long since determined the escape route.

Uncouthly throwing both of the boys in the back seat before jumping in himself, he ordered his driver, not wasting even a single breath and cherishing his words like gold,

"Drive, now! Home."

49