Xue Yang (vii)
2k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahhh!!!" Ye Xia cried, horrified at the sounds of gunshots and the chaotic movements while on Feng Xinya's shoulder. He panicked and flailed his arms and legs around madly, disrupting Feng Xinya's movements, so Feng Xinya promptly knocked him out by chopping his neck, hitting the boy's vagus nerve and rendering him still as a corpse.

Of course, he was just unconscious.

With two loads in his hands, he had no choice but to retreat in order to guarantee their safety, so he promptly ran back to the vehicle while dodging the onslaught of bullets.

Xue Yang obediently followed along, alert of the surroundings and clearly trying his best not to drag Feng Xinya down.

There was a constant downpour of bullets rapidly coming down on them. Feng Xinya had a gun under his clothes but certainly didn't trust Xue Yang enough to have him take it out for him.

If he were himself, he would have let go of Xue Yang, but his mission for the world was to successfully complete his missions as the agent Feng Xinya, which not only included Ye Xia's protection but also Xue Yang's.

Gritting his teeth, Feng Xinya pulled Xue Yang forward as he himself took a bullet to his right shoulder. It had embedded itself straight into his shoulder blade, but he only felt that the impact happened. The pain was insubstantial to him.

Xue Yang's eyes widened in horror as he watched the bullet move seemingly in slow-motion and impaling the older man in his shoulder. Yet, the man didn't seem in the least bit bothered as he continued their dash to the Maybach, hauling his smaller body along.

After what seemed like half a day, the car was finally in sight. Without a single word or warning, Feng Xinya shoved the two boys into it in one deft movement and slammed the door shut as they instantly locked on their own. He pulled out his gun in the next second, firing it in four different locations before the opposing fire stopped.

The crisp sound of hands clapping could be heard from the side nearby. Feng Xinya turned to find the male lead in all his glory; his large, tanned and bulky body wasn't overly muscular but not thin either. His red locks were slightly wavy and short, bangs styled so that they sloppily formed an "M" shape. His half-lidded jade green eyes gave one the impression that he was normally laidback and lazy, but within that carelessness hid a sharp and dangerous glint. It was Qin Luofeng.

"Very impressive, as expected from the man who ran off with my goods," the man's lips curled upwards as he leisurely approached Feng Xinya with his hands in the pockets of his black trousers, "But why did you step out so soon? Feeling overly-confident, aren't we?"

Feng Xinya observed the man's every move in silence. He noted that the male lead's eyes often drifted to the car where the boys were hiding. He could be deliberately making it seem that he was ready to smuggle them back only as mere goods with his words.

But if the two boys truly were simply merchandise, then why would the male lead as the big boss of Shadow personally involve himself when the organization was still up and running perfectly fine as always? He had plenty of capable subordinates to finish the job for him.

Satisfied with the outcome of the day's efforts, Feng Xinya cocked his gun towards Qin Luofeng's head. He only wanted to see for himself the male lead as well as gauge the man's ability, character, as well as the depth of "feelings" for the protagonist.

It seemed that at this point the male lead was already familiar with the protagonist and held a slight interest true to the original plot. Of course, there was also the off-chance that he had taken an interest in Xue Yang, rather than Ye Xia, but Xiao had reassured him that the golden couple--though easily broken in webnovels, it was actually an impossiblity "irl."

"Your marksmanship is excellent. Much better than my own men," Qin Luofeng looked as if in deep thought before his languid, deep voice suggested, "Why not try switching sides? I promise to treat you very well. You wouldn't be lacking in money, notoriety, and most certainly not women. Or men, if that's what you prefer."

Then, seeing Feng Xinya didn't so much as blink much less react to his words, he regretfully sighed in defeat.

He was just about to raise his hand to signal his men to commence their attack but was stopped by a sudden phone call.

Creasing his thick, shapely brows, Qin Luofeng picked it up; his previously apathetic face instantly darkened as he threw a deadly look towards Feng Xinya with a smile that no longer reached his now cold as ice jade eyes.

The tables had suddenly been turned.

"Good! Very good! So you have come prepared," Qin Luofeng turned around to head back to his own eye-catching ride, a matte black Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 with scissor doors.

Without turning back he waved his right hand twice, "'til next time, soldier. In the meantime, keep a close eye on my merchandise."

There had been a problem on his end that had suddenly popped up without any caution or notice. With that timing, the most likely cause was Feng Xinya's comrades taking action in order to make him let the trio leave safely.

The ride back, with the talkative one out cold, was complete and utter silence. Feng Xinya's handgun had been holstered back to its original place.

The driver didn't seem to be surprised or shocked about the previous encounter as he was used to such suspenseful occasions. He was well worth the money, not only arriving at his suite earlier without any prior notice as well as dealing with violence that could potentially put him in danger's way, jeopardizing his life.

Ye Xia was resting on Xue Yang's shoulder. Feng Xinya had immediately noticed that Xue Yang was not looking out of the window as always this time but at him, confliction evident in his translucent pale green eyes, as if wanting to say something but not knowing what to say or how to say it.

Feng Xinya didn't care much for his wound but had to stop the bleeding, so he pressed on it, exerting some pressure with his hand and ignoring Xue Yang, resting against the seat as always, breathing softly.

Xue Yang lightly asked after a long time, "Is it painful?"

"No."

It didn't hurt. He'd been through much worse after all. It was just a small wound to him.

Suddenly, Ye Xia began to stir and he woke up screaming into Xue Yang's pitiful ears, clutching his arm hard enough to mark them and break his skin through the thin cloth of his long-sleeved, button-up collared light blue shirt.

As one of his mission targets was suffering an injury under his watch, Feng Xinya leaned over and tightly grasped Ye Xia's wrist, careful not to harm his other target.

"Ow...it hurts," In his pain, Ye Xia stopped panicking and let go of Xue Yang.

Tears threatened to spill from his eyes as he looked dejectedly down to Feng Xinya's hand on his wrist. He was happy to be touched, finally, but at the same time, it was a painful experience.

Now that the protagonist was no longer harming Xue Yang, Feng Xinya let go and leaned back against his seat.

When they finally returned home, Xue Yang didn't immediately go up to his room like he normally would have.

Feng Xinya walked to the coat closet and pulled out the first aid kit and a few rolls of bandages. Then he went to the couch to sit, preparing to tend to some wounds.

Ye Xia didn't seem to have noticed Feng Xinya's injury yet. It wasn't visible from the front, after all, and Ye Xia was busy worrying about whatever went on in his head. The brown-haired boy only saw that Feng Xinya had pulled out the first aid kit and was confused. Who got injured? Was his crush hurt somewhere?!

Seeing Xue Yang still around, Feng Xinya beckoned him over. Xue Yang complied and did so, slowly and hesitantly.

Ye Xia face darkened. He remembered that he gripped onto Xue Yang very hard but only realized now that he had clenched too tightly.

As someone in perfect condition, Ye Xia could only stand awkwardly at the side to watch as Feng Xinya pulled Xue Yang down by the wrist to sit beside him. He rolled up Xue Yang's light blue sleeve to reveal bloody scratches and marks that contrasted heavily against his pure white skin.

After grabbing the antiseptic and applying it to a soft and fluffy cotton ball, Feng Xinya lightly rubbed it against the wounds as Xue Yang tensed up, clearly trying hard not to twitch at the cold feeling as well as the stinging pain in the beginning.

When the sterilization was complete, Feng Xinya tore open an extra-large adhesive pad before pasting it onto the site to keep the excess blood from making a mess of his clothes when he changed and slept.

Finished treating the boy, Feng Xinya then separated the trash from the rest on the coffee table in front.

Ye Xia at the side watched on enviously at the harmonious interaction between the two. Feng Xinya was clearly much gentler in the way he touched Xue Yang as if he could break if he used just a little force!

He inwardly snorted when he saw that Xue Yang was raising his hand, about to touch Feng Xinya.

Giving an inch only for him to want a mile. Just because he treated you doesn't mean he would allow you to touch him!

Sure enough, Xue Yang was stopped by Feng Xinya's cautionary stare that was filled with hidden threats.

But Xue Yang didn't stop. He gently traced over the gunshot wound area on Feng Xinya's shoulder blade through the darkened and damp army green shirt. The air was tense and still that even Ye Xia was feeling the tension from his position further away and couldn't help sweating even though he knew it had nothing to do with him.

"I'll help," the boy softly voiced out, almost in a whisper.

For a while, Feng Xinya searched his face for any abnormalities or ill intent only to find out that Xue Yang, who hadn't backed away under the intimidating scrutiny, was being genuine.

Lifting Xue Yang's hand off his shoulder. he saw that Xue Yang's eyes whirled in agitation and concern as he must have thought Feng Xinya was rejecting his offer. But Feng Xinya paid no heed as he unbuttoned and stripped off his shirt, exposing the ghastly bullet wound. The bullet was still embedded within his body; there were pieces of loose flesh protruding from the hole, and the injury was oozing thick blood and even clots.

Yet, Xue Yang didn't shy away.

Ye Xia was initially startled from the fact that Feng Xinya had suffered an injury and wanted to take Xue Yang's spot, but he couldn't deal with the gory sight so reluctantly stayed put.

Extremely delicate with his movements and having removed the bullet with a pair of forensic tweezers, Xue Yang dabbed a couple of cotton balls into the antiseptic fluid before raising one to the bloody bullet wound. Using extremely light touches to clean it, Xue Yang was neither too fast nor too slow with his experienced hands.

By the time the site had been cleaned as spotlessly as it could get, there were already countless bloody cotton balls placed neatly across the coffee table along with the trash pile that Feng Xinya had set up earlier.

Unwrapping the tan wraps expertly, Xue Yang moved forward and skillfully secured the wound under layers and layers of bandages before finally backing away and wiping the thin sheen of sweat that had been collecting on his forehead. As he looked at his own work, Feng Xinya could see a sense of relief flash through Xue Yang's pale green eyes before the boy got up with the dirty cotton balls in hand to dispose of them.

46