Xue Yang (ix)
1.8k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next four months were extremely uneventful. This was the period of time that the special ops took to slowly clip off Shadow's branches tediously without alerting the elite members of the organization.

That one time when Qin Luofeng was forced to let Feng Xinya go was actually Feng Xinya's idea. His comrades and superiors did not intend to start out their operation with a grand entrance, but they figured that it was a much more viable plan in that they could act more freely than initially intended since Qin Luofeng was under the impression that Feng Xinya's own sphere of influence couldn't possibly reach as far as A country.

Qin Luofeng was more than aware of Feng Xinya's connection with the government, otherwise, why would he rescue the incoming president's only heir? It was just that he didn't know that Feng Xinya was in fact not from B country's forces but A country's, as using an agent from A country was simply a bit over the top and too coincidental for him to consider the possibility. Unfortunately, he lost that wager.

Thus, Qin Luofeng was unaware that there was not only one country acting against him, but two, with A country acting under the guise of B country's forces.

Back to the suite, Feng Xinya's suite took up the last four floors of the skyrise building, as to be expected. Of course, when Ye Xia found out that first night after having been disappointed in the elevator, he immediately regained his energy and motivation to pursue Feng Xinya.

The first floor was the living room, kitchen, and dining area with two full restrooms.

The second floor was actually just a long corridor with doors that led to all of the bedrooms in the suit, which totaled up to twelve--six on each side of the corridor. Feng Xinya had the master bedroom which took up most of the floor, but the other rooms were still rather spacious, and each had their own full restrooms as well. They all also had two walk-in closets. Other than the three rooms that were occupied, however, the other nine rooms were completely devoid of anything be it beds, dressers, clothes, curtains, anything.

The third floor was dedicated entirely to books. It was a library full of all the books that the original Feng Xinya felt like buying. He didn't have the time to read through all of them as he had to balance his personal life with his high-demand job as a special ops soldier. However, during the times that he was on standby for his next orders he would either choose to work out on the fourth floor or relax and read on the third floor.

Speaking of the fourth floor, other than a gym with almost every work-out machine one could think of, there was also an indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Due to the recent "free time," as his current order was to house the two boys until the six-month period was over, Feng Xinya had to make sure to act in character by partaking in the hobbies that the original had done.

As his physical capabilities were already at the summit in this world as well as his combat skills, Feng Xinya cut down the time the original had taken to work out. He only exercised for an hour each day as opposed to the original's three hours.

Feng Xinya found more interest in the books of this world as not only were they new and different, there were also a wide genre for him to choose from. More importantly, he didn't have access to books or anything that could stimulate his knowledge or mind in his own world. He was most intrigued by the books over war strategies and tactical books in general. He felt that those were the most practical books while the rest were simply for leisure and essentially pointless.

Xue Yang also made the library his second home, while Ye Xia hated reading. If Ye Xia wasn't lazing around on the couch fiddling with his electronics, he was sitting back in the jacuzzi.

It was the first time in Feng Xinya's life that he was able to just relax without the need to be alert. Even when he was surrounded by his family, as their world was a war-torn one he could not slack off. This didn't mean that he was completely unguarded in this world, rather, due to the influence of his own world, Feng Xinya would never be able to let down his guard for even a second no matter the situation. It simply meant that this world didn't require him to be on his guard.

At that thought, Feng Xinya felt unsettled. He didn't like how peaceful this world was as he was wholly unaccustomed to it. Thinking about it further, he didn't even take the time to adjust to the abrupt shift in environments as when he had first arrived, his mission aligned with his usual conduct in that it involved killing.

However, as time passed afterward so tediously slow, Feng Xinya was growing more and more agitated, which was one of the reasons he had gone down to watch Xue Yang do the chores. He felt a connection with him, someone who had suffered for a long time just like himself. Mainly, he watched Xue Yang in order to set an example for himself of what not to become.

That boy...he was empty, devoid of anything most likely due to his experience in Shadow.

But Feng Xinya had his own goal. He wasn't going to let his captor go. He wanted more than anything to personally tear him to shreds with his own fangs and claws that were bestowed to him by himself. How ironic would that be? To be killed by one's own creation.

"Xiao."

He was currently in his room. It was night and he didn't feel like going downstairs like usual to watch the sickly boy do the chores after another unpresentable dinner. Even though Xue Yang was no longer the fragile twig he once was, that kind of first impression was hard to get rid of and Feng Xinya had started referring to Xue Yang as the sickly one in his mind.

He thought of Ye Xia as the materialistic one.

"!!!" Xiao was ecstatic. Feng Xinya could feel the silver cross heating up against his chest in its excitement.

Xinya called my name for the first time ever!

Of course, in order to not disappoint his host, the system-cum-cross didn't forget to respond, "Xinya, ask me anything!"

"What are the rewards for completing this world?" Feng Xinya wanted to know if they were relevant to his conditions back in his world.

As for the wish after completing ten worlds, he could wish for the annihilation of his enemies or freedom, but those things were meaningless if not attained on one's own.

Most people didn't commend acts of vengeance mainly due to the pointlessness. Feng Xinya agreed to some extent. Although he agreed to that viewpoint, it didn't mean he wasn't going to enact his own vengeance. Feng Xinya didn't feel that his act was a mission that he needed to complete; avenging his family. Honestly, he was so young that he barely remembered them. What he couldn't stand was the torment he was forced to suffer through that man's hands and blood.

He just wanted the satisfaction of tearing him apart limb from limb. As for the humans, he couldn't give a damn about them or the general war between both races. He wanted, more than anything, to become the captor of his captor.

As for what came after, he didn't feel that there was a need to plan that far ahead as nothing else mattered to him.

"..." Xiao really wanted to cry but had no tears. He just told Xinya to ask him anything with utmost confidence that he could handle whatever was tossed his way but he didn't know he'd be asked that question after all this time ah!

Seeing as the cross had fallen silent, Feng Xinya knew that it could not answer his question.

"I'm sorry, Xinya. We can't find out until the mission is complete..."

It doesn't matter, Feng Xinya thought to himself, he didn't have much hope in receiving something particularly useful in the first place. If anything, he only needed the stat points. The extra rewards were bonuses.

"Umm... Xinya?" Xiao meekly spoke up after a long moment of silence.

Feng Xinya glanced down at the cross, waiting for it to continue.

"Are you not going down again today?" Xiao really liked that his host was finally showing some signs of humanity. He was pretty sure Xinya was doing it unconsciously due to the familiar feeling the younger boy exuded.

They were similar, Feng Xinya and Xue Yang. Even though Feng Xinya didn't know but the people in the worlds he would be traversing were in fact very real. He approved of Xue Yang being a companion for his host in this world so that they could both heal each other slowly but surely.

The innocent system had no idea that Feng Xinya was simply strengthening his resolve by going downstairs every night...

At first, Xiao felt very sad when he saw the scars on Xue Yang's otherwise flawless body. Also, Xue Yang's condition when they first met was heartbreaking. What hurt even more was how mature Xue Yang was in comparison to Ye Xia, he rarely spoke. It was even more of a rarity to hear Xue Yang speaking than Feng Xinya! That was saying something!

Feng Xinya thought about the boy who was diligently working downstairs without the obligation to. He frowned but felt that it was better that he didn't go down tonight.

He had been in this easy world for four months and had gotten comfortable. Too comfortable. He didn't like it since this wasn't his world. That was why Feng Xinya recalled the reason he was there in the first place on his own without the influence of watching Xue Yang carrying on with his life as if he had never been wronged. It was all to rip that man's heart cruelly from his body, then devour it right in front of his face as he watched on in disbelief and horror.

Xiao shivered, taking Feng Xinya's silence as a negative. Of course, it would be a better idea for Feng Xinya to stay in his room tonight otherwise he would be scaring away the small white bunny!

Feng Xinya was oozing with a murderous vibe that was normal for the vampiric world as he smirked at the thought of getting rid of that bastard once and for all.

Ah, he really wanted to just rush through these ten worlds quickly so he could devour him. And this time, quite willingly.

 

 

 

Emm...I'm sorry, I didn't really want to deal with how this entire chapter "flowed" so if it is slightly choppy, do forgive this irresponsible author.

38